Page 1063 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 6356396310131053105910601061106210631064106510661067107311131163 ... LastLast
Results 15,931 to 15,945 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, I think Gadot's proved herself with the solo films.
    Gadot is an actor who you need to write your script around instead of someone who can elevate a script herself. She's pretty and charming but still a weak actor IMO. Luckily Wonder Woman like pretty much 99% of superheroes doesn't really require much acting and being charming is more important but you can see the limitations in her acting. I'd say Momoa is the one straight up hit in the DCEU casting wise

Momoa is clearly the MVP of the DCEU. Which is why I don't get what James Gunn was thinking bringing back the dumb fish jokes in Peacemaker. I thought they cast Momoa to "make Aquaman cool" yet his version of Aquaman ended up getting those jokes too.

BANNED

Details on the Discovery team moving into the positions at Warnermedia

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/dav...te-1235227250/

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Momoa is clearly the MVP of the DCEU. Which is why I don't get what James Gunn was thinking bringing back the dumb fish jokes in Peacemaker. I thought they cast Momoa to "make Aquaman cool" yet his version of Aquaman ended up getting those jokes too.
    Well the fish jokes are no longer a major detriment to his reputation as they were pre DCEU so I don’t mind the jokes. Heck it should really say something when freaking family guy of all shows are treating Arthur with respect nowadays.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Gadot is an actor who you need to write your script around instead of someone who can elevate a script herself. She's pretty and charming but still a weak actor IMO. Luckily Wonder Woman like pretty much 99% of superheroes doesn't really require much acting and being charming is more important but you can see the limitations in her acting. I'd say Momoa is the one straight up hit in the DCEU casting wise
    Hell yeah!aquaman was awesome..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Momoa's success as Aquaman is a catch in itself as the comics (and most other adaptations) don't want to depict the character as half-Pacific Islander, so his popularity begins and ends with the DCEU because his fans can't see his take on the character reflected anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Anyways, it's too late to recast/reshoot their scenes. They are the lead in a major blockbuster, Kevin Spacey was a supporting player in a smaller, cheaper movie. Also, Grant Gustin's acting skills are limited to the CW.
    I think it's dismissive of Grant's talent to say his acting skills are limited to the CW when he's a genuinely good actor that has to work within the constraints of the show he's on, which is true for a lot of actors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Even if you assume no CW Flash fans ever watch the DC movies, and that bringing Grant on would somehow magically get every single person who watches the CW Flash to go to spend money to watch him...That's not going to be a huge box office swing. There's less than a million people projected watching CW Flash over the last like 3 seasons. I feel like people overestimate at every level how influential the CW Flash show is. It has less viewership than your average, cookie cutter police procedural.
    I don't think it's so much people expecting millions of people to flock to the movies if the CW Flash is the lead so much as Grant being a better Flash than Ezra.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I felt like Gadot handled the physicality and emotional pathos of her character quite well. To say her character doesn't really require much acting feels kind of disrespectful to me and the emotional arc Diana goes through in both movies, and how much effort Gadot put into it.

Mamoa is basically Chris Hemsworth's post-Ragnarok MCU Thor in the form of Aquaman in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Momoa's success as Aquaman is a catch in itself as the comics (and most other adaptations) don't want to depict the character as half-Pacific Islander, so his popularity begins and ends with the DCEU because his fans can't see his take on the character reflected anywhere else.
    Well, they did give Aquaman tattoos in the comics, but the less said about that, the better.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Gustin has been a fine Flash and would have done the job well had he started the role in the movies, but there is no way WB would hire him now. It's just not going to happen.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Bring on Lucas Till.

(idk where that old rumor is from, just posting pictures)

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Bring on Lucas Till.

He's kind of got that Grant Baby Face going on.

The X-Men movies kind of did him dirty by the end.

Imagine what the brain surgeons at WB would do to someone like Terry McGinnis in live-action. Futuristic take on Batman who is another straight white male? With an Asian girlfriend and a female black best friend? Oh boy. Watch pseudo-woke Hollywood having a field day with that.
    I actually wouldn't mind an Asian casting for Terry McGinnis, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It could potentially becomes more of a problem if the film is successful and loved by fans. If the flick is actually good and moviegoers want more of Ezra’s Flash then it becomes that much harder to replace him and Ezra has a bargaining chip.

While I loved the Edward Norton Hulk movie, it didn’t perform as well as the studio hoped it would and received mixed reactions from fans and critics.

Terrance Howard was a side character and didn’t even suit up as War Machine.

Ezra’s Flash is slated to be a corner stone of the DC movieverse going forward. This is a much bigger headache for WB than the other situations. They can either have the movie under performs and it’s easy to replace him or have it be a huge success which makes it harder to get rid of him.
    Ezra has been the biggest DCEU team player and put in more appearances as Flash across film and TV, yet people are still calling for a recast. The Flash film will be the corner stone of the new DCEU, and Flash may be as well, but it doesn't have to be Ezra in the role, especially if their off-set antics escalate.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He's kind of got that Grant Baby Face going on.

The X-Men movies kind of did him dirty by the end.
    I'd personally prefer someone a little more mature/adult-looking but not a lot of actors come to mind.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Bring on Lucas Till.

Now he would have been ideal from the start, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    I actually wouldn't mind an Asian casting for Terry McGinnis, though.
    I actually thought that, his features are slightly ambiguous to me.