The fanbase has a habit of making white knights out of people they expect to restore the Snyderverse, only to immediately turn on them when they don’t.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

From Deadline:

"Dwayne Johnson and the Warner Bros theatrical session will serve as Marvel’s opening act earlier in the day, with Black Adam and Shazam: Fury of the Gods getting their much-deserved closeups on the Hall H stage. There’s also buzz that Henry Cavill will put in a surprise appearance to talk up more Superman."

Full article: https://deadline.com/2022/07/comic-c...lf-1235072894/

"Marvel's opening act".

Last edited by Johnny; 07-20-2022 at 10:22 AM.

I have yet to see a more blatant display of confirmation bias than this thread.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    After having read the original article, I can say I have no desire to see "the Snyder cut" or any other Snyder movie ever again. He comes across as a bully who sends violent trolls after anyone who opposes him. Even if his "vision" wasn't terrible, I can see why Warners shitcanned him. That kind of behavior is unacceptable. It really embodies the worst stereotypes about toxic fandom.
    I don't know how legit the article's claims are. But in hindsight, it's noteworthy that Snyder never made a statement to speak out against the more toxic elements of his fanbase. A simple "thanks for the support guys, but some of you need to cut the ****"would have been easy to do.

The fact that he never did made it seem like he was a bit naive/out of touch before but well meaning. This paints a much less charitable picture. If all of this is true, everyone really is an ******* in this scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I don't know how legit the article's claims are. But in hindsight, it's noteworthy that Snyder never made a statement to speak out against the more toxic elements of his fanbase. A simple "thanks for the support guys, but some of you need to cut the ****"would have been easy to do.

The fact that he never did made it seem like he was a bit naive/out of touch before but well meaning. This paints a much less charitable picture. If all of this is true, everyone really is an ******* in this scenario.
    I think he did but it was around the time the Snyder cut debuted.

Which honestly, if the claims are true, kind of makes it look even more suspicious.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    "Marvel's opening act".

Teasing Disney will buy DC one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I think he did but it was around the time the Snyder cut debuted.
    Yeah, I they were doing some charity and he denounced some group that was involved, I think their initials were g+g, but I don't remember full name.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Excerpts from the article I found most interesting.

My main takeaway from this article is that Jason Kilar really was Snyder’s Guardian Angel when it came to making this happen and the funny part of this is despite him essentially being instrumental in making the Snyder Cut and catering to most of Snyder’s wishes — the fandom still turned against him in end, and celebrated him losing his job anyway, lol.
    I was always confused on why the Snyder fanbase turned on Kilar when it always seemed like he was the guy who really pushed for the Snydercut to actually materialize in the first place. Just because he didn't give the keys to the entire DC franchise after its release?

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I was always confused on why the Snyder fanbase turned on Kilar when it always seemed like he was the guy who really pushed for the Snydercut to actually materialize in the first place. Just because he didn't give the keys to the entire DC franchise after its release?
    Yes he didn’t give them everything they wanted so they turned on him, celebrated even when he was let go. With him gone however there’s nobody left at WBD in Snyder’s corner.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

He's outright stated that he was using the toxic parts of the movement to get what he wanted, only to immediately pivot to "I don't have any control over them, so I can't even issue a token request that they stop being assholes" the minute anybody asked him for even the most anodyne statement of "hey, cut it out"

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    This is why I'm very reluctant to just give in to fan demands. A gift to fans can turn into a hostage situation very quickly.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yes he didn’t give them everything they wanted so they turned on him, celebrated even when he was let go. With him gone however there’s nobody left at WBD in Snyder’s corner.
    They're not exactly wrong to celebrate: They need a constant influx of new and inexperienced people to keep making the mistake of greenlighting things for Snyder that don't pay off.

Seeing Syder's fans freak out about their campaign being full of bots has ironically been WAY more entertaining than Snyder's Justice League...or any of his DC Movies.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Seeing a good amount of Cavill chatter on twitter and other social media outlets.

What you guys think will happen? Big Hall H announcement or surprise? Could get interesting.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime