Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    In before people complain about Supes taking orders or direction from Amanda Waller.
    end of spoilers
    If you saw Peacemaker, the whole JL does... and the JSA will too.

spoilers:
    In before people complain about Supes taking orders or direction from Amanda Waller.
    end of spoilers
    I don’t like or care about Cavill and while awful it’s not on the same level of awfulness as what Snyder wanted to do so whatever. Cavill palling around with Affleck after the later tortured and tried to murder him pisses me off waaaaaay more. This Superman will never be “my” Superman but I have Hoechlin and (hopefully) Quaid in MAWS, let Cavill keep being the whipping boy.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I don’t like or care about Cavill and while awful it’s not on the same level of awfulness as what Snyder wanted to do so whatever. Cavill palling around with Affleck after the later tortured and tried to murder him pisses me off waaaaaay more. This Superman will never be “my” Superman but I have Hoechlin and (hopefully) Quaid in MAWS, let Cavill keep being the whipping boy.
    When were Batfleck and Superman palling around? I don't think they were ever portrayed as friends in the DCEU, maybe uneasy allies, and in ZSJL Batman is trying to atone for his crimes. And what is the awfulness Snyder wanted to do? I found that he had a lot of reverence and respect for Superman, especially in ZSJL, but I think a lot of people misunderstood what the plan was for Superman after Justice League. The whole Batman and Lois thing was never written into a final script, and I'm not even sure injustice Superman was going to be as big a thing as we were led to believe
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Momoa trolling an interviewer, lol: https://twitter.com/APEntertainment/...06537418952707

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Momoa trolling an interviewer, lol: https://twitter.com/APEntertainment/...06537418952707
    Haha Jason seems a little tired of answering all the Batman and DC shakeup questions.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    When were Batfleck and Superman palling around? I don't think they were ever portrayed as friends in the DCEU, maybe uneasy allies, and in ZSJL Batman is trying to atone for his crimes. And what is the awfulness Snyder wanted to do? I found that he had a lot of reverence and respect for Superman, especially in ZSJL, but I think a lot of people misunderstood what the plan was for Superman after Justice League. The whole Batman and Lois thing was never written into a final script, and I'm not even sure injustice Superman was going to be as big a thing as we were led to believe

Snyder's plan for Superman was to make him a super cuckold.
    Last edited by Robotman; 08-28-2022 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Snyder's plan for Superman was to make him a super cuckold.
    Nah, that's a common misconception, the stuff where Clark goes evil and Bruce and Lois get together and have a kid never left the first draft stage. The "original storyboards" featuring this outline were leaked shortly after ZSJL released but at JusticeCon it was revealed that almost all of that was never put into a final script. It is also tough to say how much of it was Snyder's idea since BvS was largely David Goyer's vision that Snyder and Terrio tried to salvage and it was Goyer who helped draft that original plan for the DCEU which was much darker and effed up. The Bruce/Lois stuff with evil Clark sounds way more David Goyer than Snyder because Snyder doesn't even talk about that when he talks about any of his plans post-ZSJL. I find it strange that people still think those storyboards were Snyder's final ideas since most of it is contradicted by ZSJL itself and these productions tend to go through loads of drafts and outlines that can all be very different from each other.
    They/Them

Honestly I think bringing back Batfleck and Cavill is a bad idea. They are too associated with Snyder's vision of the DCU which is too tarnished amongst general audiences and many DC fans. I also think neither of them are such great actors that they are "irreplaceable".

I think the best direction would be to try to convince Reeves to let Warner use The Batman as the starting point for a new DCEU, but it seems unlikely he would have agreed considering it sounded he didn't like the idea of Superman existing in this universe.

Nah, that's a common misconception, the stuff where Clark goes evil and Bruce and Lois get together and have a kid never left the first draft stage. The "original storyboards" featuring this outline were leaked shortly after ZSJL released but at JusticeCon it was revealed that almost all of that was never put into a final script. It is also tough to say how much of it was Snyder's idea since BvS was largely David Goyer's vision that Snyder and Terrio tried to salvage and it was Goyer who helped draft that original plan for the DCEU which was much darker and effed up. The Bruce/Lois stuff with evil Clark sounds way more David Goyer than Snyder because Snyder doesn't even talk about that when he talks about any of his plans post-ZSJL. I find it strange that people still think those storyboards were Snyder's final ideas since most of it is contradicted by ZSJL itself and these productions tend to go through loads of drafts and outlines that can all be very different from each other.
    Don't waste your time trying to be reasonable in this forum. The hatred that people here have for Snyder is already in psychotic levels and they will firmly cling in any fake narrative just to keep feeding their own hate-boners.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Nah, that's a common misconception, the stuff where Clark goes evil and Bruce and Lois get together and have a kid never left the first draft stage. The "original storyboards" featuring this outline were leaked shortly after ZSJL released but at JusticeCon it was revealed that almost all of that was never put into a final script.
    Because WB said no. Snyder had an idea so terrible even WB recognized it was bad.
    It is also tough to say how much of it was Snyder's idea since BvS was largely David Goyer's vision that Snyder and Terrio tried to salvage and it was Goyer who helped draft that original plan for the DCEU which was much darker and effed up. The Bruce/Lois stuff with evil Clark sounds way more David Goyer than Snyder because Snyder doesn't even talk about that when he talks about any of his plans post-ZSJL. I find it strange that people still think those storyboards were Snyder's final ideas since most of it is contradicted by ZSJL itself and these productions tend to go through loads of drafts and outlines that can all be very different from each other.
    Incorrect, Snyder was the one who plotted that out with Johns and Lee. It’s very much a Snyder idea because of how he tried to turn the JL into Arthurian fanfiction. Batman is the “Lancelot” who seduces Lois’ “Guienvere” with Superman as the “Arthur”. It’s just poorly done because Snyder is a hack. What those storyboards represent is what Snyder wanted to do but was blocked from doing because WB said no and then BvS flopped which forced him to change things because WB lost faith in his vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Honestly I think bringing back Batfleck and Cavill is a bad idea. They are too associated with Snyder's vision of the DCU which is too tarnished amongst general audiences and many DC fans. I also think neither of them are such great actors that they are "irreplaceable".

I think the best direction would be to try to convince Reeves to let Warner use The Batman as the starting point for a new DCEU, but it seems unlikely he would have agreed considering it sounded he didn't like the idea of Superman existing in this universe.
    I agree. They should have done a hard reboot but they didn’t and now it’s up to other directors to salvage Snyder’s mess. Affleck is just going to be playing support and cameoing, assuming he will actually still be the main Batman going forward for the DCEU. Cavill however has refused to come back for anything unless he gets a solo movie, so if he’s back he’s getting that movie. I would rather get a clean reboot by someone other than Abrams/Coates, but I suppose it’s possible someone else might be able to soft reboot Cavill using the Flash movie as justification to change continuity.

Reeves has repeatedly said he does not want other heroes in his films, and given WB has signed him to a sweet new deal I believe they will let him do as he pleases.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    Don't waste your time trying to be reasonable in this forum. The hatred that people here have for Snyder is already in psychotic levels and they will firmly cling in any fake narrative just to keep feeding their own hate-boners.
    Yeah, I learned that the hard way a few times. It's really peculiar to me
    They/Them

Since the ending of The Flash has reportedly not changed I think Affleck will be the main Batman for Aquaman 2 but I think a post credits scene will introduce Keaton and show that the timeline has been changed.

Who the hell really knows though.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I am passed complaining..about superman,for most part.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Multiple Batmen in Aquaman 2? Maybe this is the new marketing strategy going forward. All DC films will have two or more Batmen.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Multiple Batmen in Aquaman 2? Maybe this is the new marketing strategy going forward. All DC films will have two or more Batmen.
    Isn't that what they always did?
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I think Momoa was just trolling about there being multiple Batmen. I’m assuming that they’ll switch back to Keaton’s scenes since Aquaman comes out after Flash again. Not impossible that they might do what Serpico theorizes and have Affleck in the main story and then Keaton shows up in the post credit scene, but the Flash’s ending implies that no one besides Barry remembers the old world, so that would need to be addressed.