Page 1360 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3608601260131013501356135713581359136013611362136313641370 ... LastLast
Results 20,386 to 20,400 of 20948

Well if Gunns in charge I hope this means that DC characters that usually don’t get much love like Plastic Man or Firestorm can be elevated. Lesser known characters seems to be his specialty.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Gunn huh?

Sure. Why the hell not at this point?

This discussion about how every DC film is gonna be a GotG/TSS rehash. If I'm reading the comments right, he's got the creative reins now yes? Then it isn't a question of "will every DC movie now be a GotG/TSS remix?" Gunn isn't gonna be making these films, he's gonna be overseeing the people who do. And he's certainly smart enough to know that what works for Harley won't necessarily work for Batman, or Flash, or Black Lightning, or JLA. He'll know that different sensibilities are required for different franchises. He'd have to be a total moron to not realize that. The real question, to my mind, is "Can Gunn correctly identify the core attributes and appeal of each IP, then hire people with the same vision?" Does he have that wisdom, or will Hollywood ego get in the way and influence his analysis? That's the question.

But he'd be hard pressed to make things worse, so I'm down. Let's see what he does. Or rather, what Zaslav or however his name is spelled, and the number crunchers, *let* him do.

Oh! Best news about this; it protects Peacemaker, one of the best things the DCEU has ever done by a long shot.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Except Gunn knows how to make movies, lol.

Big W in my book. The Suicide Squad is my favorite DCEU production.
    Exactly.

Gunn knows how to make good movies.

This is a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    How much of TSS's failure is down to the quality of the film and how much is due to it being a sequel to a notoriously shitty film while also lacking Will Smith is up for debate. For my money it's certainly one of the better DCEU movies, even if that's damning with faint praise.
    It was also released to streaming the same day as theatres and during the pandemic era. Calling it a flop due to quality is a stretch.

This is amazing news!

Gunn is legitimately a fan of DC Comics and now he’s in charge of their movies and tv.

2D594C75-B012-4810-B740-D07824C8F941.jpg

I think it’s very telling that he responded to Dematteis with such praise. Ed Brubacker had to call Sabastian Stan and ask to be invited to the Winter Soldier premiere.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Does he know how to make DC movies though. TSS was fun but the paying audience wasn't that enamored with it to say the least. And we all know that much like their predecessors, Gunn and Safran will never have the kind of power at DC that Feige does at Marvel, yet if or when things go sour again, they will be the ones to get the blame for it.
    Dude, you're talking about a movie that was released at the height of the Omicron surge during the pandemic and that also had a same day and date release in theaters and on HBO Max. So, its BO performance is really not a true reflection peoples' opinions on it and arguing that it is is just disingenuous. TSS is by far one of the best DCEU films and probably one of the best comic book films from the past 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly.

Gunn knows how to make good movies.

This is a good one.
    I don't think anyone would dispute Gunn's talent as a filmmaker (criticisms for his style aside), just that he's very good at...the specific type of stuff he makes.

Will that be the MO for DC productions moving forward across the board?

Like I think he's said before that he doesn't have as much of a conceptualization for Superman as he does Batman, so will that limit Superman media? Or the A-listers in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    Dude, you're talking about a movie that was released at the height of the Omicron surge during the pandemic and that also had a same day and date release in theaters and on HBO Max. So, its BO performance is really not a true reflection peoples' opinions on it and arguing that it is is just disingenuous. TSS is by far one of the best DCEU films and probably one of the best comic book films from the past 5 years.
    I said nothing about the movie's quality and I'm well aware of the circumstances when it came out, I said it wasn't successful at the BO because those are things that matter when you put someone "in charge" of your DC movie slate who's previously had a DC movie that underperformed. So don't even try to talk to me about "disingenuous" when I said nothing that wasn't accurate.

Well, it's official: DC will never get one more dime from me ever again.

To each his own, but I can't in good conscience to support a disgusting, narcissistic POS like Gunn.

Also, I want DC characters to be portrayed in a respectful way, not as the butts of dick and fart jokes. If that makes me an "edgelord", a "Snyderbro" or whatever, so be it.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

IMO, this is GREAT news. Don't really know much about Safran but Gunn knows how to make entertaining movies. If he can make a blockbuster out of a B franchise like Guardians, he can do great things with the DCEU. Don't think TSS was the best example of his work, since he had to do a soft reboot with an existing property...but even still I enjoyed it.

Astonishing Member

The Good: James Gunn knows his DC characters down to the obscure. He has a track record of success with the GotG and TSS. He has a clear vision and has worked with other writers and directors.

The Bad: While Gunn has been a producer, this position is a much bigger scale. The various problems with the DCEU will still be there when Gunn takes over. Ezra Miller is still an issue, Affleck seems done outside a few cameos, etc.

The Ugly: WBD still has billions in debt and is nowhere near ending their cuts. Gunn can just as likely be fired in a few years and any projects he started cancelled or shelved for tax write offs. The true factors that determine if Gunn and Safran will be successful are out of their control.

Extraordinary Member

Wait...people actually want Snyder to come back? Fer real?
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Don't worry. I've got some dimes in my sofa somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    That's so sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Affleck seems done outside a few cameos, etc.
    https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/en...-multiple.html

As far as movies depicting the Caped Crusader known as Batman, actor Ben Affleck’s portrayal of the superhero has been met with mixed reviews as part of the DC Universe. Robert Pattinson took on the role in this year’s The Batman, but rumors have begun swirling around that Affleck may take back his iconic character in possible new installments of the DC Comics film cannon. According to Geekosity, Affleck may have possibly signed on to three solo movies where his Batman is the star, and he may appear as the character in a cameo role in a different DC Comics movie as well.

Key thing is whether Gunn's smart enough to recognize his style and preferences aren't necessarily "one size fits all" and delegates accordingly.

But...speaking personally as a Wonder Woman fan...I can't get excited. I'll believe good things are happening when I see them.