Page 780 of 814 FirstFirst ... 280680730770776777778779780781782783784790 ... LastLast
Results 11,686 to 11,700 of 12203
  1. #11686
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    One of the things that became most apparent from Mr. Blue's fan edit of BvS was how the first half of the film is very much a Batman film with a Superman subplot, then the two clash and it becomes a Superman film guest-starring Batman & Wonder Woman. I didn't think that would work, but putting the climax of Superman's crisis of faith (the Pa Kent mountaintop chat) at the beginning of his character arc really worked for me in terms of setting up where Clark is at the start of the story and gives the ending of Man of Steel even more weight as it had a profound impact on both of the main characters.

    The whole Capitol explosion stuff is gone. It's unnecessary. It's only there to make Superman lose faith in himself, which this fan-edit accomplishes by having that be caused by his guilt over the destruction during MoS. This also helped re-contextualize Clark investigation of The Batman's sudden change in tactics by branding them, leading to their deaths in prison. Lois, of course, doesn't get as much to do until the second half, but there's enough of her and Clark's scenes that their love for each other remains very clear so that Clark's sacrifice at the end still hits.
    Holy shit. That sounds interesting.

  2. #11687
    Amazing Member Gitagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    48

    Default

    I would have definitely removed the Africa subplot and senate bombing from BvS. In MOS he already causes enough damage of his own to call him to task rather than manufacturing new convoluted stuff:

    ➡ He activated the beacon bringing the Kryptonians here in the first place. Sure he didn't know but that is already enough to some people. After all ignorance is not innocence.

    ➡Crashing Zod's ship into Metropolis killing multiple people as shown in BvS.

    ➡Lastly the fight itself. People say he could not move Zod away from the city but at the end after they go to space, Superman dominates Zod and crashes him right back to the city instead of literally anywhere else. One of the buildings destroyed here was LexCorp and after MOS I used to think that would be Lex's motivation in BvS if he was in that building.

    ➡The Smallville fight. Superman took it from the farm to the populated Smallville. I find it hard to believe no one died especially when he bullrushed Zod then the subsequent explosions and high powered gunfire from the military.

    There was already enough to crucify Superman in MOS without making new stuff for BvS and clogging the movie.
    Last edited by Gitagon; 04-15-2021 at 06:39 AM.

  3. #11688
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,265

    Default

    Am I correct in saying Ares killed all the gods (Zeus aside) in WW and that will somehow play into future Shazam/Black Adam movies? Or is the Hercules from sHazam a different Hercules or will Flashpoint just reboot everything?

  4. #11689
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,048

    Default

    Speaking of fan edits, I’m interested in seeing what they end up doing with ZSJL.

  5. #11690
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    65,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Am I correct in saying Ares killed all the gods (Zeus aside) in WW and that will somehow play into future Shazam/Black Adam movies? Or is the Hercules from sHazam a different Hercules or will Flashpoint just reboot everything?
    I wonder if they'll acknowledge Wonder Woman and her story at all.

    And will Sivana and Mr. Mind be involved at all?

  6. #11691
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

    And will Sivana and Mr. Mind be involved at all?
    They set up Mr. Mind in the first one, I want to see him!!!

  7. #11692
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    7,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Speaking of fan edits, I’m interested in seeing what they end up doing with ZSJL.
    There's already several out that have managed to trim the film down to much more manageable lengths, mostly by cutting the extended Knightmare sequences and speeding up the more indulgent slow-mo shots.

    However, a good fan edit sometimes takes a while to make, so I'm going to wait a few months to see which ones rise to the top as the most well regarded.

    There's an interesting series of fan cuts that treats the DCEU films as if its a TV series and intercuts MoS, BvS, WW, Aquaman, and others together. That series might be interesting to watch.

  8. #11693
    Mighty Member chamber-music's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,980

    Default

    Pilou Asbaek is the first new casting addition to Aquaman 2.

  9. #11694
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Pilou Asbaek is the first new casting addition to Aquaman 2.
    Hope its a small role The guy was pretty annoying in GoT

  10. #11695
    Chad Jar Jar Pinsir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Naboo
    Posts
    4,772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gitagon View Post
    I would have definitely removed the Africa subplot and senate bombing from BvS. In MOS he already causes enough damage of his own to call him to task rather than manufacturing new convoluted stuff:

    ➡ He activated the beacon bringing the Kryptonians here in the first place. Sure he didn't know but that is already enough to some people. After all ignorance is not innocence.

    ➡Crashing Zod's ship into Metropolis killing multiple people as shown in BvS.

    ➡Lastly the fight itself. People say he could not move Zod away from the city but at the end after they go to space, Superman dominates Zod and crashes him right back to the city instead of literally anywhere else. One of the buildings destroyed here was LexCorp and after MOS I used to think that would be Lex's motivation in BvS if he was in that building.

    ➡The Smallville fight. Superman took it from the farm to the populated Smallville. I find it hard to believe no one died especially when he bullrushed Zod then the subsequent explosions and high powered gunfire from the military.

    There was already enough to crucify Superman in MOS without making new stuff for BvS and clogging the movie.
    Keep in mind, just because you the viewer know something, doesn't mean the people in that world do.
    Want to read Wonder Woman stories, but don't know where to start? Check out my top 10 lists for Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age and Modern Age Wonder Woman tales!

    "You can't make an omelet without breaking a few necks." - Wonder Woman, probably

  11. #11696
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Keep in mind, just because you the viewer know something, doesn't mean the people in that world do.
    The people did witness the fights and ship crashing in Metropolis. . They are kind of hard to miss.

    Hell, the ship is still there because apparently Clark can't be bothered with it and just leaves it for the governments to dick around with.

  12. #11697
    Astonishing Member HsssH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,300

    Default

    It was never elaborated, but my impression was that Superman leaving the ship there for government to dick around was intentional. You know, I have nothing to hide, lets be friendly and so on.

  13. #11698
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    65,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Pilou Asbaek is the first new casting addition to Aquaman 2.
    Vostok of The Others?

  14. #11699
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    It was never elaborated, but my impression was that Superman leaving the ship there for government to dick around was intentional. You know, I have nothing to hide, lets be friendly and so on.
    And then Lex made a monster with it, so doesn't seem too bright on his part.

    We also probably shouldn't have to fanwank a reason for why he left it there. Because between that and him apparently not helping to clean up Metropolis (was this elaborated on?), it makes it seem like he just doesn't care. These are touches that would help the audience connect with this version.

  15. #11700
    Incredible Member The_Lurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    And then Lex made a monster with it, so doesn't seem too bright on his part.

    We also probably shouldn't have to fanwank a reason for why he left it there. Because between that and him apparently not helping to clean up Metropolis (was this elaborated on?), it makes it seem like he just doesn't care. These are touches that would help the audience connect with this version.
    He did not had a long standing feud with Lex. At the point he only knew what the rest of the public knew so there was nothing to suspect. It was never elaborated on that he did not helped. It is very likely he did partially based on the pro/contra discussion round clip which shows him helping all around the world (ppl on a rooftop in a flood, Space-shuttle crash, dragging a ship out of the ice, etc).

    We probably should not have to hatewank a reason for why he did not helped

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •