Page 946 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 4468468969369429439449459469479489499509569961046 ... LastLast
Results 14,176 to 14,190 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    An afro-Latina Wife
    Is that how genetics works?

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Phenotype is always a roll of the dice.

Not in Hollywood. The game is always rigged there.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It works out well that Gordon is always a widower

you can put any women their and thus making batgirls casting flexible

It works out well that Gordon is always a widower

you can put any women their and thus making batgirls casting flexible
    Unless they go with the backstory that her mom abandoned her.

I don’t see why it wouldn’t. Plenty of Dominicans have some sort of European ancestry.

There’s literally nothing about her complexion or facial features that would preclude her having a white parent lmao.

She has the same skin tone here as every mixed girl I knew growing up or in my family.
    Last edited by Holt; 12-02-2021 at 12:38 AM.

They said they're keeping the red hair so I'm just curious if they're going to make it a wig ala the 60's show or just have her dye it (which she's seemed open to) and just say it's her natural color.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    There’s literally nothing about her complexion or facial features that would preclude her having a white parent lmao.
    Not my point, it's that Hollywood doesn't usually need or offer explanations when they change characters by design. If they were set on changing Barbara, they would just do that, whatever story reason they happen to come up for it. Similar to how they're apparently only casting black actors for Constantine, it's not "wrong" to change Constantine, it's that they apparently want him to be changed in a specific way and not have an open casting audition where everyone can have a chance to show they're a good choice for the role. It isn't about whether the changes to these characters make logical sense to their story or background, it's about some of Hollywood's practices when it comes to the process of how they choose to adapt them.
    Last edited by Johnny; 12-02-2021 at 09:34 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Study 49% Of Moviegoers Haven’t Returned To Theaters Over Cost & Safety

Not my point, it's that Hollywood doesn't usually need or offer explanations when they change characters by design. If they were set on changing Barbara, they would just do that, whatever story reason they happen to come up for it. Similar to how they're apparently only casting black actors for Constantine, it's not "wrong" to change Constantine, it's that they apparently want him to be changed in a specific way and not have an open casting audition where everyone can have a chance to show they're a good choice for the role. It isn't about whether the changes to these characters make logical sense to their story or background, it's about some of Hollywood's practices when it comes to the process of how they choose to adapt them.
    If the example here actually fit that claim, perhaps, but it really doesn’t. They cast a relatively light skinned actress of Latinx descent to play a character that’ll most likely be biracial. Lupita Nyong’o or Adut Akech she ain’t, so nothing about it strikes me as an example of not caring about if the change makes sense.
    Last edited by Holt; 12-02-2021 at 05:12 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Study 49% Of Moviegoers Haven’t Returned To Theaters Over Cost & Safety
    Yet Spiderman presales rival endgame
    so I guess people are only gonna risk thier lives for whats worth it to them

Spider-Man feels like an exception to the pandemic so far. There's massive hype for this film and I really haven't seen anything like this since Endgame. The introduction of the multiverse into the MCU movies and the chance to see all three live action Spider-Mans on screen together has caused it to have massive anticipation among audiences. It'll easily be the first billion dollar film in the post-covid era

Niffleheim

Huh! I didn't know that. Hollywood should welcome the news of an opening weekend above 357M during a pandemic.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Are they going to say that Barbara was adopted or have some explanation as to how JK Simmon’s Commissioner Gordon has a Dominican/Afro-Latina daughter?
    .....seems pretty obvious Babs would be biracial

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 12-02-2021 at 10:25 PM.

I think that presales are mostly hardcore fans and the drop off is more visible with casual people who might see the movie on its second or third weekend or even random day after work.