Page 905 of 922 FirstFirst ... 405805855895901902903904905906907908909915 ... LastLast
Results 13,561 to 13,575 of 13816
  1. #13561
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    73,173

    Default

    I like a Batman that develops over time and builds up his family.

  2. #13562
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like a Batman that develops over time and builds up his family.
    I think that's better done for cartoons and series rather than films though.

  3. #13563

  4. #13564
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    12,713

    Default

    I am just so profoundly uninterested in more Black Canary. Hope the Zatanna and the “JLD” projects are good, but with JarJar “mystery box” Abrams involved I’m not that hopeful. Will they introduce Green Arrow in Smollet’s show though I wonder?
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  5. #13565
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    73,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I think that's better done for cartoons and series rather than films though.
    I don't really see a difference, but that's just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Sounds like there's interest in giving Dinah a comic-accurate costume for her show .
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I am just so profoundly uninterested in more Black Canary. Hope the Zatanna and the “JLD” projects are good, but with JarJar “mystery box” Abrams involved I’m not that hopeful. Will they introduce Green Arrow in Smollet’s show though I wonder?
    Some people speculated that the emoji's Misha Green used to tease the plot of the movie, and one of them was theorized to reference Green Arrow.

  6. #13566
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I think that's better done for cartoons and series rather than films though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't really see a difference, but that's just me.
    At this point with how serialized CBMs get and that we now have a Captain America trilogy that introduced Falcon and Winter Soldier before spinning them off into a streaming show, they could easily introduce a Bat-family in live action. There's really no such thing as "can't work in live action" anymore when a talking raccoon and tree teamed up on the big screen and were hits.

    The Bat-Family wouldn't be as massive as it is in the comics, but that's fine with me.

  7. #13567
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't really see a difference, but that's just me.
    Kind of an obvious difference - length of time. Building up the family takes time, a series has more time to spend. A movie needs a tighter plot that doesn't lend itself as well to the whole family dynamics thing.

  8. #13568
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    At this point with how serialized CBMs get and that we now have a Captain America trilogy that introduced Falcon and Winter Soldier before spinning them off into a streaming show, they could easily introduce a Bat-family in live action. There's really no such thing as "can't work in live action" anymore when a talking raccoon and tree teamed up on the big screen and were hits.

    The Bat-Family wouldn't be as massive as it is in the comics, but that's fine with me.
    That's kind of the big thing I was talking about yeah. A Robin or a Batgirl is one thing, but the sort of "family" we've got in the comics, I can't imagine any movie trilogy going for honestly just half the family and still be good movies. Too many damn characters.

  9. #13569
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    That's kind of the big thing I was talking about yeah. A Robin or a Batgirl is one thing, but the sort of "family" we've got in the comics, I can't imagine any movie trilogy going for honestly just half the family and still be good movies. Too many damn characters.
    I think there are too many in the comics (but they all have their audience, so DC should keep cranking stuff out), so I personally would prefer just Dick and Barbara. Maybe eventually another Robin, but I wouldn't lose any sleep if another one didn't make it in there. For a film series giving Bruce more than a Robin and a Batgirl would be too much, unless they start spinning them off into streaming shows that would be connected but aren't required.

  10. #13570
    Mighty Member Primal Slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,270

    Default

    Movie wise, definitely just stick with 1 Robin/Batgirl as previously stated. If you have a Batman that manages to go for like....4-5 films then yeah you can get away with 1 Robin/Nightwing/Batgirl but thats about the max you can get.

  11. #13571
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    73,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Kind of an obvious difference - length of time. Building up the family takes time, a series has more time to spend. A movie needs a tighter plot that doesn't lend itself as well to the whole family dynamics thing.
    I think it's doable within a trilogy.

    Like I love pretty much the entire family but at it's core it's usually just Batman, Batgirl, Robin, and maybe Nightwing.

  12. #13572
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think there are too many in the comics (but they all have their audience, so DC should keep cranking stuff out), so I personally would prefer just Dick and Barbara. Maybe eventually another Robin, but I wouldn't lose any sleep if another one didn't make it in there. For a film series giving Bruce more than a Robin and a Batgirl would be too much, unless they start spinning them off into streaming shows that would be connected but aren't required.
    Yeah, the comics shouldn't trim them, just not introduce anyone else for a good decade or two and try and keep them spread out among all the titles.
    As for what I'd prefer in film, depends on the film. For example, The Batman just based on the teaser alone I don't want to see Robin, but Keaton's old Batman from the Burton days finally getting a Batfamily of his own is a train I'm all ready to board (God I hope the Batgirl movie is good, I really want Barbara to do great).

    Not sure how I feel about streaming movie stuff into so many shows. Like, the GCPD prequel series for The Batman was exciting, and while I also have hopes for Penguin to be a gritty criminal mafia type series, just having two series off this one film already has me a bit worried. I don't want a whole Batman streaming universe just on this one film. At least, I don't think I want that. Feels like too much could bog it all down. But we'll see.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's doable within a trilogy.

    Like I love pretty much the entire family but at it's core it's usually just Batman, Batgirl, Robin, and maybe Nightwing.
    As long as it's just Batgirl and Robin. Even Nightwing feels like pushing it unless movie 1 starts with Robin and 3 ends with him becoming Nightwing. Also depends a lot on the Batman and the tone of the films - I can't possibly see The Batman going for the family without a tonal whiplash that'd cause the quality to dip. But Keaton's Batman getting the Barbara Batgirl in the DCEU, makes sense. Post Snyder the DCEU is just a different place that it fits more naturally. Which ultimately is what I want, characters to be included not because they fit some fan list but because they fit in the tone and narrative of the films. Although we're kind of in an odd place with Batman. The DCEU Batman, as far as we know, isn't getting a solo much less a trilogy (unless you want to count Keaton's old solos...again, we're in a weird place). So the Batman it makes sense to do the family with isn't getting any movies, but is getting the family. Meanwhile the Batman that really shouldn't get a family (imo) is the one getting all the films. But...that might oddly work, because the Batfamily Batman not getting his own movies but showing up in the Batfamily movies might actually make better sense for building out the family than doing it in the traditional solo film trilogy...

    I don't know, we're a bit in uncharted territory here, but it's one I'm interested in seeing. It is kind of like we're getting a Batman for everyone, the grim loner guy and the happier (relatively) family guy. Hell, if we could keep Affleck as well we'd really have a Batman for everyone.

  13. #13573
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I am just so profoundly uninterested in more Black Canary. Hope the Zatanna and the “JLD” projects are good, but with JarJar “mystery box” Abrams involved I’m not that hopeful. Will they introduce Green Arrow in Smollet’s show though I wonder?
    While I like Black Canary, that Harley Quinn thing along with mediocre portrayals on TV have mostly killed my interest in seeing her in live action for a while at least.

  14. #13574
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    73,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    As long as it's just Batgirl and Robin. Even Nightwing feels like pushing it unless movie 1 starts with Robin and 3 ends with him becoming Nightwing. Also depends a lot on the Batman and the tone of the films - I can't possibly see The Batman going for the family without a tonal whiplash that'd cause the quality to dip. But Keaton's Batman getting the Barbara Batgirl in the DCEU, makes sense. Post Snyder the DCEU is just a different place that it fits more naturally. Which ultimately is what I want, characters to be included not because they fit some fan list but because they fit in the tone and narrative of the films. Although we're kind of in an odd place with Batman. The DCEU Batman, as far as we know, isn't getting a solo much less a trilogy (unless you want to count Keaton's old solos...again, we're in a weird place). So the Batman it makes sense to do the family with isn't getting any movies, but is getting the family. Meanwhile the Batman that really shouldn't get a family (imo) is the one getting all the films. But...that might oddly work, because the Batfamily Batman not getting his own movies but showing up in the Batfamily movies might actually make better sense for building out the family than doing it in the traditional solo film trilogy...

    I don't know, we're a bit in uncharted territory here, but it's one I'm interested in seeing. It is kind of like we're getting a Batman for everyone, the grim loner guy and the happier (relatively) family guy. Hell, if we could keep Affleck as well we'd really have a Batman for everyone.
    With Nightwing it really just depends on the passage of time, which, yeah, would probably be something you see at the end of the trilogy.

    I haven't seen enough of Reeves' Batman and his mythos and how he's handling adapting everything to know for sure. Probably with some recontextualizing, but I think even Robin can be adaptable. I don't think it's a matter of a "fan list" but because these characters are important to the overall mythos and character.

  15. #13575
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,600

    Default

    It's WAY too early to tell if putting Robin in would be tonally inconsistent with how the Reeves film series will play out, especially as there is no one way to adapt Robin. The works Reeves is citing as inspirations includes one that has Robin in the well known sequel (TLH) and he is discussed in another (Ego), and the Bat mythos evolves and changes during Batman's career to become more outlandish as the gritty organized crime stuff is phased out. TLH/DV aim for the dark and grounded feel, more so than a lot of Batman stories, and they still had a 12 year old Robin in pixie boots. The film series casting a young 20 something who can play a 16yr or so Dick with more of a slight edge to him and the inevitable costume tweak wouldn't disrupt any tone if Reeves is planning on doing it.

    It's not as if comics have shied away from questioning the morality of Bruce's decision of including Dick in his war on crime, so that would fit the more morally questionable vibe we're getting off him in general from these trailers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •