Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    There’s always Dolphin and Lorena Marquez, Aquagirl.

But really they should just recast Mera. It’s not like anyone will miss Heard’s wooden delivery and lack of chemistry with Momoa. Mera is too important to Arthur’s story to just ignore her.
    Yeah, Heard's acting skills were practically the worst part of the movie. She could have the looks, but that alone isn't enough.

I thought her acting was fine, and she captured Mera's look and character well enough, but not something that would make her irreplaceable in the role.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    WB should consider casting more fan favorite actors in major roles and not just actors that the studio likes. The Marvel cinematic universe is a place that all top stars want to be a part of. It’s like a fun fraternity. John Krasinski is a beloved actor and someone who had been fan cast as Reed Richards. Marvel made it happen.
    Although from what I've heard his actual acting as Reed wasn't anything to write home about in the movie.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Some reports from today's WBD upfront:

Zaslav calling out that they began the "quest" to bring together Warner Bros. and Discovery SIX WEEKS AGO. Wild how many changes have happened in such a short time

"DC Comics, and all we can do with it," says Zaslav, calling out the roster of Warner Bros and Discovery verticals, adding the names of the specific superheroes they can used (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, etc)

John Cena: "Between Wipeout, a show where I talk about inappropriate junk, and Peacemaker, a show where I talk about a lot of inappropriate junk..." Nicole Byer: "Seems like you found your home."

So weird to see Man of Steel back to back in the same montage as Rise of Skywalker in this TNT/TBS montage, but they've got the movies!

New show coming to Discovery called ON THE ROAD WITH JASON MOMOA, with Mike Rowe from DIRTY JOBS as they do dirty underwater stuff (really)

Perrette is showing off the combo of HBO Max and discovery+, paralleling shows like Peacemaker, Titans, Julia, Gossip Girl and more with discovery's doc series (sorry, did not see OFMD, I was looking)

HBO Max montage time! Quick shot from PRETTY LITTLE LIARS: ORIGINAL SIN, DC shows INCLUDING HARLEY QUINN, PEACEMAKER, TITANS and more, some footage from GREMLINS: SECRETS OF THE MOGWAI.

James Gunn and John Cena plugging PEACEMAKER season 2 with censored details

https://twitter.com/azalben/status/1526923705447743488

I don't know if I ever seen anything else Amber has been in other than Aquaman and I thought she wasn't the problem with any chemistry or acting issues. Jason Momoa won't be winning any Oscars anytime soon. He is perfectly serviceable as an action hero and I'm not trying to diss him, but of the cast, he was the most wooden. He made up for that with his physicality and charisma in comedic/action scenes.

Grace Randolph who first broke the news that Mera's screen time in Aquaman 2 has been reduced to under 10 mins, is now saying Dolphin is the female lead of the film

Goddamn we went from Mera reclaiming her spot as the premiere Aqua LI after Johns revamped her to Mera maybe getting tossed aside yet again for Dolphin. Time really is a circle.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Goddamn we went from Mera reclaiming her spot as the premiere Aqua LI after Johns revamped her to Mera maybe getting tossed aside yet again for Dolphin. Time really is a circle.
    Dolphin might not be Arthur's LI if they go the Young Justice route with her. Could probably be his sidekick.

Welp that’s Wonder Twins confirmed dead. Wonder what’s next?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The chances of Batgirl being a theatrical release look better tho

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Welp that’s Wonder Twins confirmed dead. Wonder what’s next?
    Let’s all hope the Static Shock movie will be spared. Blue Beetle should be safe though.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Let’s all hope the Static Shock movie will be spared. Blue Beetle should be safe though.
    It's a confirmed theatrical release that's currently filming lol

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Although from what I've heard his actual acting as Reed wasn't anything to write home about in the movie.
    It's terrible actually. I can't believe any fan of the actor would enjoy his treatment in the film. Also he might not be cast as the main MCU Reed Richards.

Given the debt they're in after purchasing WM, it's no surprise they don't want to spend a lot of money on anything that won't get a theatrical release.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Dolphin might not be Arthur's LI if they go the Young Justice route with her. Could probably be his sidekick.
    Poor Aqualad .