Page 1074 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 7457497410241064107010711072107310741075107610771078108411241174 ... LastLast
Results 16,096 to 16,110 of 20948
    Ultimate Member

For the folks who scream for the classics to be done. Riddle me the following-
    Of all the classic stories how many women or POC or LGBTQA+ did anything in them? To go further-how many straight white C-Z listers did anything in them?
    How many B-Z listers villains did anything in them?

And what stories would be deemed classic enough to use??? What Justice League story for example?

The Justice League, The Brave & the Bold (1960)
    No Man Escapes The Manhunters (1977)
    JLA Detroit 1984-86
    JLA 1987
    Death of Superman era 1992
    Wonder Woman's JLA
    Rock Of Ages (1998)
    Tower of Babel (2000)
    JLA/JSA: Virtue And Vice (2003)
    McDuffie's JLA 2007
    The Tornado’s Path (2007)
    Origin (2011)
    The Totality (2018)

If we are FOLLOWING the source material 100% like some fans want.

Hal, Guy, Kyle and John all served on various JLA teams. 5 of these are Hal. 3 are Kyle. Guy was a GL and Warrior for the 90s JLA teams.

If you wanted everything linked together-you could not do it without explaining where certain folks came from.

So does Green Arrow, Vixen, Firestorm, Manhunter, Fire, Ice, Scott Free, Ted Kord, Booster Gold, BLoodwynd, Atom, Wally, Barry, 4 lanterns, Cyborg, Black Carney, JSA, Hawkman, Hawkwoman, Black Lightning, Speedy, Red Tornado, Hawkgirl, Vibe, Gypsy, Steel, Oracle, Zantana, Steel, Red Rocket, Dr Fate, Black Condor, The Ray, Tasmanian Devil, Huntress, Blue Devil, Osbian, Amazing Man 3, Triumph and Plastic Man-all get a movie to explain who they are?

This is why they take liberties with the source material. That is too many folks to use and that is NOT even counting fan wars-especially among the Lanterns.

Extraordinary Member

It’s crazy how some projects move along so fast while other moove at a snail pace

We were given some casting news for the HBOMAX GL show last and it’s been silence since
    Apparently Constantine is nearing production but without a lead actor cast it’s hard to belive

I do wonder how the wonder twins were able to hop Skotch over so many

The fact that they’re such a low tier property probably means they don’t need to worry about how they fit into the greater universe in the way they need to with something more important like Green Lantern. Especially with the GL movie reboot having been in limbo for so long.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    The Moon Knight "head writer" kind of did the same thing when he said they made Arthur Harrow the villain because Moon Knight had no prominent villains other than Bushman who he thought was too similar to Killmonger. These guys of course don't need to necessarily love and appreciate the source material, this is first and foremost a job after all, but if you do a Moon Knight TV show and after supposedly doing your research, you don't even consider Morpheus, Stained Glass Scarlet, Black Spectre or Sun King in the role of the main antagonist, perhaps you're not the right person to tackle that material.
    Yeah, I don't mind things being changed somewhat for adaptations, but they really threw out any respect to the source material with Moon Knight and made a pretty generic DisMarvel style show. It's a feat in and of itself to make a character like Moon Knight seem so mundane.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    If DC ever finds their Kevin Feige, it's going to be someone no one's ever heard of & that will likely be for the best. After all, who the hell heard of Feige himself before the MCU?

Not to mention, speaking as a Wonder Woman fan, some of the names I see get thrown around to be DC's Feige--Timm, Dini, Weiss, Johns, Snyder, Berlanti, Lee--make me uneasy. I've seen most of these guys' takes on Diana and...uh...

Even the best DC writers have blind-spots. I'd rather it be a no-name producer who knows how to hire & delegate to the right talent than some comic veteran who's only going to give us his glorified fan fic.
    I could be wrong but I recall feige did set up the X-men universe before
    Moving to marvel. Either ways, there’s this article by Forbes Scott
    Mendelson, do we really need a overhaul? I actually like this loosely set universe where we can have crazy shit like joker being shown. Not everything needs to be intertwine.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It’s crazy how some projects move along so fast while other moove at a snail pace

We were given some casting news for the HBOMAX GL show last and it’s been silence since
    Apparently Constantine is nearing production but without a lead actor cast it’s hard to belive

I do wonder how the wonder twins were able to hop Skotch over so many
    It’s so bizarre, I’m not complaining but at the same time I’m just confused why aren’t we putting attention on a proper green lantern or titans movie.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Because they're prioritizing a G-list villain to a B-list villain.
    And why is that so wrong? The general audience doesn't even know or care anyway.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    It’s so bizarre, I’m not complaining but at the same time I’m just confused why aren’t we putting attention on a proper green lantern or titans movie.
    Titans……. That can’t happen you need a robin, plus time
    I’ll never forgive Zack for offing Grayson .

Titans……. That can’t happen you need a robin, plus time
    I’ll never forgive Zack for offing Grayson .
    Not necessarily. I mean these characters and their histories are public knowledge. You can get away with Dick Grayson as an established Nightwing with the Titans already existing because they don't need a setup. Something like Tim's era or Damian's era of Titans definitely needs more breathing room, but not the team's most popular iteration.

DC doesn't need to set up B and C list heroes like Marvel did because those heroes weren't Spider-Man or the X-Men. It's an advantage they've always had and they've never probably used it. BvS, MoS did a lot of harm in public perception of the JL and Superman. only Batman really survived and he was coming off the Nolan Triology.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

I know it couldn't be helped since the cover was commissioned and illustrated before the delays were all announced, but still, this is kinda funny in hindsight.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    Not necessarily. I mean these characters and their histories are public knowledge. You can get away with Dick Grayson as an established Nightwing with the Titans already existing because they don't need a setup. Something like Tim's era or Damian's era of Titans definitely needs more breathing room, but not the team's most popular iteration.

DC doesn't need to set up B and C list heroes like Marvel did because those heroes weren't Spider-Man or the X-Men. It's an advantage they've always had and they've never probably used it. BvS, MoS did a lot of harm in public perception of the JL and Superman. only Batman really survived and he was coming off the Nolan Triology.
    You can get away with Nightwing

But beastboy, Raven Starfire and who else they are would need it

You can get away with Nightwing

But beastboy, Raven Starfire and who else they are would need it
    They’re already setting up Young Justice/Titans when you look at who is getting a film/series.

Batgirl, Supergirl, Blue Beetle, Static, Aqualad, The Wonder Twins and Nightwing (rumored cameo). Let’s see who else they introduce
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

I think the success of the MCU has kinda warped perceptions a bit about what is possible in a team movie. X-Men was a team movie without any prior solo movies setting it up and that was all the way back in 2021. Guardians of the Galaxy similarly has no set up prior to it. You don't need to make movies about Beast Boy, Starfire and Raven to have them in a team movie; you just introduce and explain who they are as the plot progresses like any other film.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I know it couldn't be helped since the cover was commissioned and illustrated before the delays were all announced, but still, this is kinda funny in hindsight.

DC movies make for strange bedfellows...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    They’re already setting up Young Justice/Titans when you look at who is getting a film/series.

Batgirl, Supergirl, Blue Beetle, Static, Aqualad, The Wonder Twins and Nightwing (rumored cameo). Let’s see who else they introduce
    If batgirl and Nightwing are 27 I think not…. Let’s see how old supergirl is, it’s a bit to early to make any assumptions on that