Page 997 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 49789794798799399499599699799899910001001100710471097 ... LastLast
Results 14,941 to 14,955 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    We'll get also The Flash movie prequel in Apr/July featuring Ezra Miller's Barry teaming up with his best pal and mentor Batfleck:
    Well hey, they were clearly setting up Cyborg to be his best pal, but for obvious reasons that ain't happening anymore...

I wonder if the comic will even mention him.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Well hey, they were clearly setting up Cyborg to be his best pal, but for obvious reasons that ain't happening anymore...

I wonder if the comic will even mention him.
    If he'll get mentioned, it'll be to address why he is not anymore around and hang out with the League.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    If he'll get mentioned, it'll be to address why he is not anymore around and hang out with the League.
    “Cyborg died on the way back to his motherboard”
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

DC's Peacemaker Bombs on HBO Max

Check out some comments inside the link above.

Oscar H quote-
    I think it has to do more that it's on HBO max and DC hasn't made a legitimate interconnected universe like Marvel. But also the lack of promotion and advertising does make it suffer too :/

Luke quote-
    Fans have no reason to care about these DC projects, they just constantly reboot in the multiverse. The more universes they do, the worse it's going to get. Worst part is we still don't have a long term universe
    However the show was barely available to most people cause hbomax and it's an unknown character and the suicide squad wasn't that popular. It's the dceu which usually puts people off watching it.
    Genuinely none of these DC projects except for the batman are getting any hype, moon knight has more hype than DC (except for the batman).

2btobi quote-
    @Luke it’s still an entertaining watch

Oscar H quote-
    @Luke I would agree, but the show is really good. Too bad Warner bros screwed up when they let Zack Snyder be the one to lead the universe. I have no issue with Snyder, but he shouldn't have been the one leading the DCEU.

Manav Khandurie quote-
    Its cause boycottwb is trending for like 2 days now and is above and beyond whatever wb has posted.
    Plus snyder fans have declared a virtual war against WB ever since the rumours about flash rebooting everything came about����
    Frankly speaking I think WB should just released a new trailer for black Adam or flash to just redirect the hate as soon as possible

Luke quote-
    @Oscar H it was never supposed to be a long term universe, zacks original plan was to reboot after a few films.
    Noone had any long term plans for DC and that's why it all went wrong, while marvel was building the MCU and building a huge fanbase and making money, DC was constantly rebooting cause they didn't know what to do.

Oscar H quote-
    @Luke damn, WB is just dumb I guess. ��

ßØSS 1417 quote-
    @Luke Marvel is in a league of its own now, even the rings of power doesn't have as much hype as moonknight. (As of now at least)

Glen Waldrop quote-
    Xion Xina is the problem.
    The character was fine on Suicide Squad, the problem entirely is John Cena kissing China's ass. He was popular pretty well across the board until that stunt.
    Last edited by mace11; 01-20-2022 at 03:19 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

It didn't bomb though

I have little interest in this movie and if I do see it, i wouldn’t feel comfortable going to a theater with the COVID numbers/hospitalization rates this high. I’m sure they’ll decrease by March but that run time ensures that this a wait to stream movie for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    DC's Peacemaker Bombs on HBO Max

Check out some comments inside the link above.
    Has WB even released official numbers? What’s this person’s source?

It’s no surprise that, besides Batman and maybe Wonder Woman, DC is still not a well liked brand by the general audience. Fans have shown with Marvel and Star Wars that they love the interconnected universes. When people invest in all of these characters and different world that are effected by each other it creates a sense of community with the audience. DC doesn’t have that and what they do have is still splintered because of the Snyder situation.

It doesn’t seem like even James Gunn’s appeal has been able to generate positive audience feedback for the DC projects. Though it was cool to see an obscure DC character on a bunch of billboards while I was driving to work. I think they’ve done a good job of promoting this show.
    Last edited by Robotman; 01-20-2022 at 04:40 PM.

Clickbait.

Vic should be friends with Wally, so I don't really need to see him in a Barry movie. Although it's not like we're going to see Ezra Miller meet Hal Jordan.

Also, I'm not surprised Pattinson is getting the longest Batman movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I have little interest in this movie and if I do see it, i wouldn’t feel comfortable going to a theater with the COVID numbers/hospitalization rates this high. I’m sure they’ll decrease by March but that run time ensures that this a wait to stream movie for me.

It’s no surprise that, besides Batman and maybe Wonder Woman, DC is still not a well liked brand by the general audience. Fans have shown with Marvel and Star Wars that they love the interconnected universes. When people invest in all of these characters and different world that are effected by each other it creates a sense of community with the audience. DC doesn’t have that and what they do have is still splintered because of the Snyder situation.

It doesn’t seem like even James Gunn’s appeal has been able to generate positive audience feedback for the DC projects. Though it was cool to see an obscure DC character on a bunch of billboards while I was driving to work. I think they’ve done a good job of promoting this show.
    Lets look at the facts that this video didnt.

he Gossip Girl reboot made its mark on HBO Max upon its premiere, becoming the steamer’s most-watched original series over the first weekend of availability.

According to HBO Max, the updated Gossip Girl, which premiered Thursday, July 8, saw record viewership over the first four days of availability. The first episode opened to viewers in 555,000 U.S. households, per Samba TV.
    So this out performed GG which was a success and renewed for a s2.

Peacemaker has gotten some good buzz but it seems like Moon Knight is the thing everyone is talking about right now. I can’t really blame people. To most, Marvel is all that matters and they just got their own Batman. That’s pretty huge.

Peacemaker has gotten some good buzz but it seems like Moon Knight is the thing everyone is talking about right now. I can’t really blame people. To most, Marvel is all that matters and they just got their own Batman. That’s pretty huge.
    Moon Knight is the shiny new toy whose trailer was just released, of course its getting more buzz right now.

Peacemaker is an R rated spinoff from an R rated movie that wasn't exactly a box office hit while moon knight is the next episode of the mcu, I don't see why there's a debate here.

Also James Gunn R rated dc stuff is very niche, some people may like it a lot but a sizeable portion of the general public including myself is not very fond of the writing. And that's putting it nicely. If you expected peacemaker to even come close to an MCU Disney plus show, well, you're wrong.

The batman being 3 hrs is kinda concerning in terms of pacing but maybe mr reeves will pull it off. Maybe the movie happens across seasons as the set pics suggest, similar to the long halloween.
    Last edited by Thephantasm; 01-20-2022 at 06:37 PM.

Marvel now has their Batman but hopefully Blue Beetle is a success and they finally get the “Spider-Man” character they’ve been desperately trying to turn The Flash into.

Extraordinary Member

I know it was number 1 in Latin America
    But it’s doing solid numbers on HBOMAX