Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Black adam had the same test score as---batgirl says the wrap!

So, both shazam 2 and black adam had the same 60 test score as the "hurt the dc films" batgirl.
    I think its all about the wanting an excuse to cancel it.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Jungle cruise didn’t even make back it’s pretty-marketing budget; so not the endorsement your looking for
    Too bad; I rather liked that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    David Zaslav loves The Flash movie.
    Talk about bad optics.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Strange Adventures? Man, I had completely forgotten about that.

El Mayimbe on Twitter spaces said:

-David Zaslav loves The Flash movie.

-The stock tanking on Thursday has put severe pressure on Zaslav to show quick results to his shareholders.

-All major decisions are on pause until a new DC Films chief is hired including Keaton’s future.

-Walter Hamada is sick and tired of all the constant regime changes which he feels have hurt the films.

-Mike De Luca wants Hamada to stay on as permanent DC Films chief. Mayimbe believes he will stay beyond Black Adam.

-Gal Gadot will appear as Wonder Woman in multiple upcoming films.

-El Mayimbe believes Henry Cavill will stay on as Superman.

-Matt Reeves’ trilogy will continue in its own separate universe.
    Of course, he likes The Flash. I know more money was put into it, or whatever, but that remaining untouched in light of everything doesn't instill any confidence in me with Zaslav.

Especially if the scoring for other movies were the same as Batgirl.

Keaton is nostalgia bait, but he should've never returned in the first place.

I agree with Hamada actually.

So Gadot will continue to act badly, and we're supposed to take the future of the DCEU seriously?

While Cavill looks like Superman, he's not that good of an actor to justify all of this. His movies weren't even well-received enough that a recast would be that poorly received. Outside of vocal fans, I can't imagine the GP would care.

Good for the Reevesverse; we deserve non-shared universe movies. Hopefully, the Arkham series he was planning still continues.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Static Shock & Black Canary on the Chopping Block at WB Discovery Reportedly

Note- this is just rumor so far and talk,nothing confirmed yet,but most likely has/or will happen.
    I'll wait for any further information to comment on this. But, both of these have been moving very slowly, so part of me was prepared for them just never to be made. If they don't go the film route the mini-series route is still viable. Especially if more money is being put into HBO Max content. I think I'd benefit Static anyway, I felt the same with Blue Beetle but I get why these characters also deserve movies. Maybe the movie-to-series pipeline will make a return.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

So the previous plan of “every DC film gets an HBO Max spin-off” is dead right? That’s what I’m taking away from all this.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

El Mayimbe on Twitter spaces said:

-David Zaslav loves The Flash movie.

-The stock tanking on Thursday has put severe pressure on Zaslav to show quick results to his shareholders.

-All major decisions are on pause until a new DC Films chief is hired including Keaton’s future.

-Walter Hamada is sick and tired of all the constant regime changes which he feels have hurt the films.

-Mike De Luca wants Hamada to stay on as permanent DC Films chief. Mayimbe believes he will stay beyond Black Adam.

-Gal Gadot will appear as Wonder Woman in multiple upcoming films.

-El Mayimbe believes Henry Cavill will stay on as Superman.

-Matt Reeves’ trilogy will continue in its own separate universe.
    From the Flash test screenings and rumors it sounds like it’s a really fun movie. Which makes the Ezra situation even more maddening.

I don’t think they’re stressing the stock drop. I’m sure they were expecting major blowback from the cancellation and shakeup. If after the changes are put in place and the first few new movies are released, the stock is still dropping then it’s time for concern.

Zaslav and co were clearly not happy with the idea that Batman, their most profitable DC IP, was going to be on the sidelines in a mentor role. Batfleck is back and I wouldn’t be surprised if they get him to do some solo films. Two Batman movies series happening at the same time. Double the billion dollar Bat franchises.

Gadot is set to appear in more films and I think it’s just a matter of time until Cavill’s return is announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    So the previous plan of “every DC film gets an HBO Max spin-off” is dead right? That’s what I’m taking away from all this.
    Unless they're Batman or related to James Gunn, unless that's changed.

Incredible Member

The Dish: Amid Layoffs, How David Zaslav Might Deal With J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot, DC’s Walter Hamada & New Warner Bros. Pictures Chiefs Mike De Luca & Pam Abdy

https://deadline.com/2022/08/warner-...dy-1235086928/

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Static Shock & Black Canary on the Chopping Block at WB Discovery Reportedly

Note- this is just rumor so far and talk,nothing confirmed yet,but most likely has/or will happen.
    Is it really breaking considering what has been said?

If anything, they should make Static into a tv series and build up that universe on HBO. Black Canary can be made into a big film.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    The Dish: Amid Layoffs, How David Zaslav Might Deal With J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot, DC’s Walter Hamada & New Warner Bros. Pictures Chiefs Mike De Luca & Pam Abdy

https://deadline.com/2022/08/warner-...dy-1235086928/
    More fanfiction than news to be honest. Just a listing of everything in development and saying Constantine is probably coming soon. Of all the Abrams projects that’s the only one I figured would come out.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    More fanfiction than news to be honest. Just a listing of everything in development and saying Constantine is probably coming soon. Of all the Abrams projects that’s the only one I figured would come out.
    Ugh. JJ Abrams sucks.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I don't have much faith in a JJ Abrams Constantine show. Big fan of Sope (Gangs of London) but he seems like a random choice for Constantine.

The only thing I can think about JJ Abrams' Constantine show is "oh, it's the non-Matt Ryan Constantine" .

I would prefer for WB to move forward with Jenna Coleman as Constantine if that’s the case.

Incredible Member

Kevin Smith Blasts Decision To Scrap BATGIRL While Moving Forward With THE FLASH

Kevin Smith put Zaslav and co. on blast during the latest episode of his Hollywood Babble-On YouTube show, expressing his bewilderment that Batgirl has been given the axe while the studio is still committed to releasing The Flash.

“It’s an incredibly bad look to cancel the Latina Batgirl movie,” Smith said. “I don’t give a **** if the movie was absolute f*cking dog sh*t – I guarantee you that it wasn’t. The two directors [Bilall Fallah and Adil El Arbi] who directed that movie did a couple of episodes of Ms. Marvel, and it was a wonderful fucking show and they had more money to do Batgirl than they had to do an episode of Ms. Marvel and stuff.”

“That is the baffling thing,” he added. “I don’t give a **** how bad the Batgirl movie is, nobody in that movie is complicated or has anything in their real life you have to market around. In The Flash movie, we all know there’s a big problem! Flash is the reverse Flash in real life.”

Smith is obviously referring to star Ezra Miller, who has been accused of all manner of heinous things over the past few weeks.