Page 786 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2866867367767827837847857867877887897907968368861286 ... LastLast
Results 11,776 to 11,790 of 20948

Ah man I can’t wait for the spin-off Young Adam
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Ah man I can’t wait for the spin-off Young Adam
    Give it 10 years, for after Dwayne Johnson is elected president. DC will milk that cow so much.

With the Justice League pretty much a dead film franchise, does anyone think that Marvel Studios will attempt a Squadron Supreme movie or tv show? We’ve seen that there is interest in parody or homage characters with the success The Boys and Invincible. I’m sure Jupiter’s Legacy will be a hit as well. It would be very ambitious but I think Marvel could pull it off.

If not the whole Squadron Supreme, I can see them attempting a Hyperion or Sentry project. WB has no idea what to do with Superman, so I’d like to see Marvel show them how bad they’ve screwed up. They’ve already got Moon Knight about to drop. So they’ll have their own Bat-like character for phase 4.

That technically belongs in a marvel thread.
    Anyway, no. They have so much content already. They don't have space for Squadron Supreme. Look at all the shows and movies tgey have planned, plus sequels to those, plus Young Avengers, plus Fantastic Four, plus Thunderbolts, plus THE WHOLE X-MEN UNIVERSE. Even if Feige wanted to make that movie, there wouldn't be space for it.

Extraordinary Member

Marvel's Loki Disney+ Team Reportedly Interested in Squadron Supreme
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/ma...adron-supreme/

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Make it happen. The last good Batman movie was in 2008 and the last good JL movie was in... well, never. Yay, Moon Knight and yay, Squadron Supreme.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    That clickbait sites 'news' is about good as any guesses made on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    With the Justice League pretty much a dead film franchise, does anyone think that Marvel Studios will attempt a Squadron Supreme movie or tv show? We’ve seen that there is interest in parody or homage characters with the success The Boys and Invincible. I’m sure Jupiter’s Legacy will be a hit as well. It would be very ambitious but I think Marvel could pull it off.

If not the whole Squadron Supreme, I can see them attempting a Hyperion or Sentry project. WB has no idea what to do with Superman, so I’d like to see Marvel show them how bad they’ve screwed up. They’ve already got Moon Knight about to drop. So they’ll have their own Bat-like character for phase 4.
    I don't think they will attempt a Squadron Supreme movie or tv show. They *might* have Loki visit the Squadron's universe to poke fun at them but that's about it.

Spectacular Member

I could see a hyperion/sentry project happening but not a whole Squadron Supreme project

There's too much being set up in the MCU right now - the multiverse, Eternals, Thunderbolts, Secret Invasion, maybe Dark Avengers, Fantastic Four (and presumably Doom), Young Avengers and of course the looming mutants shouldn't be far away now. Doubt they have space for Squadron Supreme right now.

Astonishing Member

Squadron Supreme is the film you make at the end of the MCU’s run, and after DC gives up trying to create their own.

It should be the Chef’s kiss to the unambiguous outcome of 60+ plus years of rivalry.

In the interim, however, is there a chance for the JSA to get movies while the JL is otherwise DOA?

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Squadron Supreme is the film you make at the end of the MCU’s run, and after DC gives up trying to create their own.

It should be the Chef’s kiss to the unambiguous outcome of 60+ plus years of rivalry.

In the interim, however, is there a chance for the JSA to get movies while the JL is otherwise DOA?
    Apparently a JSA movie depends on the success of the Black Adam movie, at least if the rumors are to be believed.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Apparently a JSA movie depends on the success of the Black Adam movie, at least if the rumors are to be believed.
    Yeah, BA is just setting them up, so we'll see where they go from there with the movie JSA.

I'm kind of curious how much this and Stargirl will split the Johns JSA roster.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, BA is just setting them up, so we'll see where they go from there with the movie JSA.

I'm kind of curious how much this and Stargirl will split the Johns JSA roster.
    To be cynical, I’m going to assume that very little of Johns’ roster (at least those with his name on their credits) beyond what’s there will find its way into the film side going forward

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    To be cynical, I’m going to assume that very little of Johns’ roster (at least those with his name on their credits) beyond what’s there will find its way into the film side going forward
    Does Mr. Terrific count?

I guess the only other major one I can think of is Sand.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

It is funny that once something flops, WB just tries to wash their hands of it instead of giving it a good reboot and making it better. If they were in charge of marvel, it never would've gotten to where it is today.

I dont understand why they just dont make a new JL movie....that is good. Obviously Cyborg would be out, bring in GL and another female character. Call it The Justice League.