Page 554 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 544545045445505515525535545555565575585646046541054 ... LastLast
Results 8,296 to 8,310 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Definitely interesting to see that a Batman villain is crossing over into Scooby Doo, possibly without Batman.

They had that Scooby Doo crossover with Batman the Brave and the Bold. I never saw that series version of Scarecrow, is this the same or different?
    No, he's completely different in terms of design and VA.

Here is brave and the bold scarecrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    No, he's completely different in terms of design and VA.
    Good. As much as I did enjoy that movie, I did think it would have been better if they had done their own version of Batman like how Batman Unlimited or Batman Ninja or Batman vs the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles all had their own Batman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Here is brave and the bold scarecrow.

Nice video.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    The title of the vid is bruce banner's funny moments not hulk.
    Anyway I don't agree with your comments.
    Riiiight, that back forth between hulk and banner must have been my imagination. You don't need to agree with me. But, bruce and his dynamics with his personalites being just trivial joke is nonsensical . The big guy having comic side is more exceptable. He is a kid. But banner? Really? He is stick in the mud.

I’ve recently been seeing a lot of Geoff Johns hate regarding his previous role in the DCEU. Does anyone know what he actually did?

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Don't compare Snyder's film with Citizen Kane, none of his DCEU films have reached such heights to be beloved by the majority of the world or even Blade Runner
    I wasn't comparing Zach Snyder's work to Citizen Kane. I was just explaining how a work, like Citizen Kane, earned its reputation and why it continues to permeate our culture. You need to have people discussing the actual content of the film.

This isn't simply about "conversation" it's about being controversial, and polarising. Prometheus is controversial and people talk about it because it's train wreck not because they like it. People discuss the MCU with far more depth than you're suggesting, they deeply analyse it and the characters in them. Maybe because the MCU has established its foundations and the DCEU is still finding its feet.
    A film like Prometheus doesn't inspire the same sort dialogue though. MoS has always had a fanbase and BvS eventually found one, where as I don't think Prometheus ever had a fanbase like Zach Snyder's DCEU work. Its polarizing sure, but a lot of famous films, like Blade Runner, weren't received as instant classics as they are now. Also, I could be downplaying just how much MCU fans analyse their work broadly, but I don't think its that controversial to say Whedon's work doesn't inspire much intrigue,

FYI, I don't think Zach Snyder's work is fantastic or anything, but it certainly has achieved a cult status. I'm only a moderate fan of his work.

This isn't about the fanbases, this is about the corporations. WB rejected Snyder's vision, they embraced Whedon's. Snyder's work was unfinished, Whedon left with all he had to say. I think they do that because they know Whedon isn't coming back any time soon and the production for Age of Ultron burnt him out, and the franchise is in safe hands. It's be great to get Whedon back but it's not needed.

They kept his aesthetic, built on his work and did everything he did with ensembles in the Avengers movies and amplified that by 11. Its a seamless transition, unlike with Snyder where the DCEU was contributing his characters very quickly and continue to sever ties to his previous films. For example, Batman in Suicide Squad.
    But I think this is about fanbases. Zach Snyder's DCEU work is increasingly becoming more appreciated as Joss Whedon's work has been abandoned by the fanbase. Sure the studio abandoned Zach Snyder's vision (which I'm fine with, wasn't a big fan of some of his future ideas), but I'm not sure, what ideas Joss Whedon had for the future MCU. The man wasn't even that consistent with his own work, as he errata-ed parts of Avengers 1 in AoU (Black Widows relationship with Hawkeye, the staff being an infinity stone). Whedon's work wasn't aesthetically different from the films prior to his tenure or contemporary to it. Also, I'm pretty sure SS does have a different aesthetic from Snyder's work...

The Council is from the comics, the Russo's didn't create them.
    They exist in Avengers 1, so yeah.

Cap was suspicious about SHIELD but it wasn't until the HYDRA reveal that he distrusted them that he wouldn't work for them. In the first Avengers movie the Avengers are group of created by SHIELD and they had official SHIELD members (Black Widow, Hawkeye).
    That still doesn't explain why Cap is working for them though. Iron didn't work for them afterwards.

The Russo's didn't need to follow everything Whedon did to respect his vision, and SHIELD being compromised by unsavoury people was a re-ocurring theme which destroyed them for years. Winter Soldier continued the themes from Avengers.
    I agree, the Russos didn't have too pick up everything Whedon left on. I just don't think you can say Russo's 'perfected' Whedon's work, when we kind of agree they did this. The fact that future films completely gloss over the fact SHIELD tried to nuke New York City is pretty glaring oversight.

Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Shazam didn't for Snyder's movies. They have nothing in common with his directing style or aesthetic and far more optimistic with how they make their heroes. They're not horrible people who are controversial to the audiences. Harley does this but not like Snyder's style, it's in Deadpool's.
    The people who like Zach Snyder's work, don't think Superman and co. are horrible people. I also don't want every DCEU film to be a Zach Snyder film. I like the current diversity we have now, and I criticism I have for the initial failure of the DCEU is that there wasn't enough films made by different people. It became very easy to stigmatize the DCEU as being only Zach Snyder-like films when he directed the bulk of DCEU films.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    All I can say about this whole mess is that however they changed the movie, Cyborg was my favorite character in it and I sincerely hope Fisher gets to play him again. I say this as someone who hasn't seen Doom Patrol yet so my favorite live-action Vic Stone is still Ray Fisher.
    As a Cyborg fan I can say that the Doom Patrol version of Vic is definitely the best. The movie version took far too much influence from the Geoff Johns’ version. Which means he was pretty much just a half a head on a robot body. A mopey guy who hates what he has become. On the Doom Patrol show he still is has most of his human body and the look is similar to the Ivan Reis design (easily the character’s best look). This Cyborg seems to enjoy utilizing his new powers to fight crime and is an up and coming superhero destined for the Justice League. Vic has a storyline about his internal nanobots that is really interesting.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’ve recently been seeing a lot of Geoff Johns hate regarding his previous role in the DCEU. Does anyone know what he actually did?
    He put his name out there and the Internet found him. He also wrote classics like JSA,Green Lantern and Batman Earth One while making many folks angry with writing Titans and Doomsday Clock.
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 07-04-2020 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    He put his name out there and the Internet found him. He also wrote classics like JSA,Green Lantern and Batman Earth One while making many folks angry with writing Titans and Doomsday Clock.
    Batman: Earth One is a classic?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    It took a long time for Blade Runner to become a cult classic, we'll have to wait until B vs S reaches that status, if it ever does.
    But it's possible. I can remember when The Thing was trashed back in 1981 - now it's considered one of the greatest horror films of all-time. The critics of that time weren't crazy about those two films, but the kids were, grew up to be film critics years later, and reevaluated many movies. Young viewers of the DCEU may do the same thing, since they didn't grow up with the Reeve Superman and the way superheroes "should" be. Only time will tell, of course.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I wasn't comparing Zach Snyder's work to Citizen Kane. I was just explaining how a work, like Citizen Kane, earned its reputation and why it continues to permeate our culture. You need to have people discussing the actual content of the film.

A film like Prometheus doesn't inspire the same sort dialogue though. MoS has always had a fanbase and BvS eventually found one, where as I don't think Prometheus ever had a fanbase like Zach Snyder's DCEU work. Its polarizing sure, but a lot of famous films, like Blade Runner, weren't received as instant classics as they are now. Also, I could be downplaying just how much MCU fans analyse their work broadly, but I don't think its that controversial to say Whedon's work doesn't inspire much intrigue,

FYI, I don't think Zach Snyder's work is fantastic or anything, but it certainly has achieved a cult status. I'm only a moderate fan of his work.

But I think this is about fanbases. Zach Snyder's DCEU work is increasingly becoming more appreciated as Joss Whedon's work has been abandoned by the fanbase. Sure the studio abandoned Zach Snyder's vision (which I'm fine with, wasn't a big fan of some of his future ideas), but I'm not sure, what ideas Joss Whedon had for the future MCU. The man wasn't even that consistent with his own work, as he errata-ed parts of Avengers 1 in AoU (Black Widows relationship with Hawkeye, the staff being an infinity stone). Whedon's work wasn't aesthetically different from the films prior to his tenure or contemporary to it. Also, I'm pretty sure SS does have a different aesthetic from Snyder's work...

They exist in Avengers 1, so yeah.

That still doesn't explain why Cap is working for them though. Iron didn't work for them afterwards.

I agree, the Russos didn't have too pick up everything Whedon left on. I just don't think you can say Russo's 'perfected' Whedon's work, when we kind of agree they did this. The fact that future films completely gloss over the fact SHIELD tried to nuke New York City is pretty glaring oversight.

The people who like Zach Snyder's work, don't think Superman and co. are horrible people. I also don't want every DCEU film to be a Zach Snyder film. I like the current diversity we have now, and I criticism I have for the initial failure of the DCEU is that there wasn't enough films made by different people. It became very easy to stigmatize the DCEU as being only Zach Snyder-like films when he directed the bulk of DCEU films.
    I'm beginning to think its not a typo. His name is Zack. With a K. Like Krypton.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Batman: Earth One is a classic?
    I consider it a great take on the character even more so compared to what came after and I hope it will have influence on future portrayals.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Same. The stuff he sticks his name to it is usually a good read (or watch). JSA run; Star Girl (well... JSA run on TV :P ). Even though I do not like (actually despise) the n52 core in what it means and represents I usually like GJs stories from a self contained bubble viewpoint.

Maybe they mean Les Moonves? I'm surprised about the severe lack of bashing of this guy. Some people seem far to eager to forget in their Whedon bashing that he was not really able to bring JL together like he wanted.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Riiiight, that back forth between hulk and banner must have been my imagination. You don't need to agree with me. But, bruce and his dynamics with his personalites being just trivial joke is nonsensical . The big guy having comic side is more exceptable. He is a kid. But banner? Really? He is stick in the mud.
    If you don't like those scenes that's up to you but most folks like those scenes and most people disagree with you and i don't agree with your view.
    Hulk was not fully formed in most of those scenes anyway and the scene/s he was fully formed he was not comedic he was serious.
    He said no.
    The other scenes when banner was trying to change into the hulk it was still banner face,but he just green so those scenes he was not hulk.
    Like i said before most of hulk's scenes was fighting thanos and at the beginning anyway.
    Hulk was shown more in endgame and thor 3.
    Heck some folks would say endgame hulk was still banner,of course i disagree with that too.
    He was hulk or banner and hulk( a combination) but still called hulk.
    Of course savage hulk was shown in the past as well in endgame for a short time.
    Last edited by mace11; 07-04-2020 at 07:51 AM.

Extraordinary Member

But I think this is about fanbases. Zach Snyder's DCEU work is increasingly becoming more appreciated as Joss Whedon's work has been abandoned by the fanbase.
    His work on the avengers films is not abandoned by the fanbase.
    Most folks still like Avengers 1 and 2 but some started to become nervous after only avengers 2.
    I think that's one of reasons the russos came in.

They have made really good captain america movies.
    Infinity war is really good as well but i think endgame and civil war are the russos best made mcu movies and i think endgame is better then civil war.

The only mcu movie so far i think is better then those two movies is black panther.
    It's the best made mcu movie so far.
    Last edited by mace11; 07-04-2020 at 05:51 AM.