Page 1325 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 32582512251275131513211322132313241325132613271328132913351375 ... LastLast
Results 19,861 to 19,875 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    BTS image of BA confirms Jennifer Holland (Emilia Harcourt) cameo in the movie:

Turns out the Rock is DC’s Kevin Feige.

I mostly kid but if we genuinely consider Holland and Viola Davis returning post Suicide Squad and Peacemaker, references to the Justice League and / or Superman, and the JSA makes this the most interconnected this has been in a while.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

The irony is they had already sort of been moving to a more connected universe at the tail end of the previous regime. Peacemaker very much followed the Disney+ model (NOT in terms of content, obviously) of introducing a character in a movie and then spinning them off into their own streaming show, Wonder Woman's reportedly slated to appear in several other films, and of course Keaton was supposed to be in Batgirl after Flash.

With them seeming to still be using at least some of that plan now, I wonder if Crisis is still on the table.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    My suspicion at this point is that Trump just follows his own impulses more so than actually planning his chaos ahead, but who can say what goes on in his mind?

In the case of Zaslav, there does seem to be a method to his madness; get rich quick by destroying stuff he doesn't "believe in," no matter who it screws over in the process. However, given the illogic of the stuff he's pulped, it does feel like the ultimate thing guiding him is where he personally wants it existing, not whether it'll actually save money (or even lose money if canceled). I guess the rash of things thrown to the wood chipper may have blunted any backlash to any specific item, but it does seem like, on a whole, that Zaslav's overall agenda has not gone over well (no one's really defending him, plenty of online users are blasting him, and WBD stock has suffered ever since he started burning things down).

I get the impression Zaslav is simply there as a hatchet man. He isn't there to grow the company. He's there to cut overhead and fire people. I've seen it at other companies. They will bring in someone whose job it is to "reorganize" (read: gut departments, lay off staff, close divisions). This may or may not be related to selling the company, but once the hatchet man is finished, he's shown the door.

Apparently WB is in debt. Zaslav was put there to do exactly what he is doing now. Once he is done in a year or two, he will be gone.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Cavill is more or less confirmed to be back, or Superman is at any rate, and they're not even being that subtle about it.
    end of spoilers
    They started teasing it for Superman's day and then it was a crescendo to build up the final reveal this month. No trades or journalist was ever given by the studio an update on the actor status before (last update was in 2020, I think), it was all kept secret. By design, the scene it'll be WB's official announcement to both the press and the audience that he's back in the role.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Turns out the Rock is DC’s Kevin Feige.

I mostly kid but if we genuinely consider Holland and Viola Davis returning post Suicide Squad and Peacemaker, references to the Justice League and / or Superman, and the JSA makes this the most interconnected this has been in a while.
    Don't forget Shazam! connections via the Wizard.

Every DCEU has made connections to another
    >>> Birds of Prey had a Captain Boomerang reference
    >>> Mera names Steppenwolf and alludes to the event of JL
    >>> Suicide Squad mentions Superman's death
    >>> Wonder Woman begins in the present after receiving a letter from Bruce Wayne
    >>> Black Adam has Amanda Waller and etc
    >>> Shazam has a Superman cameo

Probably missing a few too, but these movies have always been implied to be connected. Nevertheless, there was this trend among DC haters, probably still is, where they pretend after the failure of Justice League that direct and obvious references to other films don't exist and that each film now exists in its own universe.

EDIT: Got rid off a quip that I felt was a bit mean. Got to do better.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 10-12-2022 at 05:16 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Are the DC haters in the room with us now?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Nobody hates anything more than it's biggest fans, so yes. Always.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Hm I was just pointing out something humorous (and weird!) I saw a lot of people doing. Like, why would someone say Aquaman isn't a DCEU film when there is an obvious reference in the film to it being one (and having the same cast as JL, Aquaman having his mother's trident, etc). Pretty strange.

Hopefully as the DCEU rebounds after the pandemic, people can appreciate more of the connected elements to it.

I have not been excited about a DC film in a very long time. I hope and pray Black Adam is as good as it is getting hyped up to be. With all the talk of all these actors coming back to open up a even wider DCEU...how can one not be excited?! Yes we could all bet let down 10 years from now looking back but maybe not. I am hoping for the best. WB/DC has all the pieces to make it work.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

The Black Adam review media embargo just ended. This is the first review I found, but this guy spelled Thor3 wrong and I think has a pro-DC bias (he works for something called DCTVshow)

https://twitter.com/TheDCTVshow/stat...63006059630592

I fully expect this movie to have a 60-something RT score and will be glad to be proven wrong.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 10-12-2022 at 06:17 PM.

60 would be rather mid

Scott Menzel has his review up; https://twitter.com/ScottDMenzel/sta...64462963314688

Black Adam is everything that I hoped it would be and more. A Snyder-esque antihero spectacle that delivers big action and impressive set pieces. Dwayne Johnson transforms into Black Adam, a role that he was born to play. Centineo & Swindell are so damn fun to watch. #BlackAdam
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    60 would be rather mid
    Aquaman has a 63% or something and I enjoyed that movie.

Highest it gets is the League of Super Pets score of 74% imo. 60-65% is where it will land I bet, long as it doesn’t go Rotten I think it will do quite well. Laughing at quite a few people just outright spoiling the cameo in the review, I bet by next week WB themselves just puts up a teaser spoiling it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

So spoilers:
    Superman shows up at the very end for like 5 seconds? This time with a head!
    end of spoilers according to Grace

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Scott Menzel has his review up; https://twitter.com/ScottDMenzel/sta...64462963314688
    Black Adam is everything that I hoped it would be and more. A Snyder-esque antihero spectacle that delivers big action and impressive set pieces. Dwayne Johnson transforms into Black Adam, a role that he was born to play. Centineo & Swindell are so damn fun to watch. #BlackAdam
    Lol anything to keep the Snyder-verse alive.

More--

Most seem to like it.

Some do say "plot is messy" "Shakey script" and "dumb action film" "weak villain" but it's got some good comments from that list. One compared it to potc 5! Ouch!

One guy said "as fun as bvs" is getting picked on however as many hated that movie! Not the best choice of words there!

https://www.reddit.com/r/boxoffice/c...dia_reactions/

Steven Weintraub: have seen #BlackAdam   . @TheRock is fantastic as Black Adam. He spent 10 years getting ready for this role and he literally kills anyone and everyone in his way and I loved that he didn't pull back on who Black Adam is. Left the theater wanting to see the sequel immediately.

David Gonzales: #BlackAdam    electrifies the millions & millions of DC fans! @TheRock lays the smackdown while adding empathy that makes the character one of the DCEU's most intriguing anti-heroes. A fast paced, action packed ride that delivers on its promise of spectacle & boy, that mid-credit.

Erik Davis: DC’s #BlackAdam  ROCKS! Tons of action, characters you’re instantly invested in & terrific pacing. Dwayne Johnson finds a great balance in being menacing & badass, but also empathetic. Especially loved Aldis Hodge’s Hawkman & Pierce Brosnan’s Doctor Fate. More JSA movies please!

Brandon Davis: #BlackAdam    is built on some epic, non-stop action. It made me want a sequel with a smoother story immediately. When it moves, it’s a straight shot of adrenaline. The characters are dope, especially Teth-Adam and Doctor Fate. It’s a bad-ass film.

Austin Burke: #BlackAdam    is a MASSIVE DC outing. The action is brutal, and Dwayne Johnson delivers on his promise of shifting the DCEU in a different direction. The story itself is up and down, as certain scenes don’t pack the intended punch… Although there are moments that fans will LOVE.

Ben Rolph: #BlackAdam    is DC's most action-packed film to date. It's a non-stop thrill ride that is all about spectacle, and it knows it. Ther3 is barely anytime to breath, or even talk. @TheRock is a perfect Black Adam, plus Pierce Brosnon is a standout. The film will leave fans buzzing!

Courtney Howard: .@TheRock is terrific in #BlackAdam   , which includes a hearty amount of real world touchstones (most affecting is it reinforces the need for heroes in bleak times). Director Juame Collet-Serra lays out building blocks for a larger, grand universe. Action is lively & BIG in scale.

The Illuminerdi:. #BlackAdam    is a game-changer!! This is the #DCComics movie I’ve been waiting for & it did not disappoint. @TheRock is electrifyingly brutal as Black Adam! This is what I wanted Black Adam to be. The action in the film is non-stop & seeing the #JSA on the big screen was a thrill!

Germain Lussier: #BlackAdam    is a worthy new piece of the DC puzzle, but not the savior it promised. A surprising compressed timeline keeps the action exciting & pace propulsive, but also turns its many (many) themes, plots, & characters into fancy window dressing. It's messy in a watchable way.

Scott Menzel: Black Adam is everything that I hoped it would be and more. A Snyder-esque antihero spectacle that delivers big action and impressive set pieces. Dwayne Johnson transforms into Black Adam, a role that he was born to play. Centineo & Swindell are so damn fun to watch. #BlackAdam   

Coy Jandreau: In addition to @TheRock ‘s powerful take on Teth-Adam I was SO impressed at the commentary & politics on Anti-Heroes beautifully allowing the #JSA to shine quickly. It’s a HUGE smash of a film, see it BIG.

Next Best Picture: #BlackAdam    struggles to find its footing at first but once the Justice Society enters it becomes more fun to watch. Dwayne Johnson’s anti-hero presents an intriguing new dynamic to the DCEU. Solid visual effects. Weak villain. Post-credits scene got the biggest reaction of all.

The Movie Podcast: BOOM! #BlackAdam    @TheRock delivers us one of the most ADRENALINE FUELLED adventures of the year! This 300 style ACTION SPECTACLE feels like a hit for DC. Some side characters & a shaky script prevent this from changing the hierarchy of the DCEU. Pierce Brosnan is a scene stealer!

Superheroes Now: #BlackAdam    is the most fun I've had watching a DC film in theaters since BvS. The film is huge in scale, epic & that post credits Scene which we all know what it is got the biggest cheer since Endgame imo. The JSA are all fantastic & the film sets up a bright DCEU future. Love It

Grace Randolph: #BlackAdam  initial reaction. Starts out very strong, End like you’re watching Pirates of the Caribbean 5. The Rock spared no expense VFX wise so you just have to ask yourself if these characters mean anything to you, And if you want the #DCEU to continue

Geek Vibes Nation: Quick reaction to #BlackAdam    is WOW! @TheRock has waited what seems a lifetime to play the titular role and he doesn’t disappoint. This movie has wall to wall action, heart, comedy and it was made with the fans in mind to build toward something special in the DC Universe