Page 561 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 614615115515575585595605615625635645655716116611061 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,415 of 20948

Yeah, if these future DC films aren’t connected then WB can’t start to expect diminishing returns. Marvel changed the game and a connected cinematic supehero universe is the expectation. I think WB will eventually want to try a JL team again, especially since a lot of the iconic characters will now have already been established (ie Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Hawkgirl, Hawkman, Black Canary, Shazam, Cyborg...etc, only missing Green Lantern really).

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Reeves was asked to connect his movie but declined sometime shortly after he became director. Not every movie needs to be connected and not every fan enjoys continuity as much as others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    ...um, no? It's not a part of the DCEU, and there's no evidence to the contrary that I know of...
    “In my comments from a while back about not being part of the DCEU, I was talking about ‘The Batman’ being a story specifically about Batman…not about the others in the Universe. That it wouldn’t be filled with cameos servicing other stories — that it would be a BATMAN story,” added Reeves."

source
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    “In my comments from a while back about not being part of the DCEU, I was talking about ‘The Batman’ being a story specifically about Batman…not about the others in the Universe. That it wouldn’t be filled with cameos servicing other stories — that it would be a BATMAN story,” added Reeves."

source
    For now. The instant WB wants the new Batman in other movies they'll load a dump truck full of money to Pattinson's door and he'll be guest starring in other movies and in the next Justice League - unless he's like Christian Bale then he won't make a movie without Reeves.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Marvel changed the game and a connected cinematic supehero universe is the expectation.
    I think it's the expectation of some people. But I think the real value for Marvel and the MCU hasn't been the connections between the movies, but the branding they have managed to create.

I think it's telling that the DC movies that has been the most successful in terms of critical and audience reception are the ones with the least overt connections to the other DC movies: Wonder Woman and Aquaman.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

source
    God please, no. Bruce being street level/in his own corner is what works best for me. Zero interest in Justice League/cameo/continuity especially since it would connect The Batman to some really bad to mediocre movies and it isn't even finished. I don't want Batman to be the next Star Wars Brand

source
    Sounds like wanting to cash in on DCEU fandom and at the same time not. I won't expect anything.

Right now all it looks like a down-to-earth realism Batman type akin to the Bale versions which I really had enough off. Paired with its do we/do we not stance towards the DCEU its a movie that really does not incite any hype at all for me. On top of it having a bad aftertaste of being squandered money which could have used to strengthen the DCEU when its needed it most.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    What do you think of the possibility of smaller scale team-ups? I'm pretty sure Cavill's Superman is set to play a role in future Shazam and Black Adam films. A Batman and Cyborg are rumored to be in Flash. And I could see them having Aquaman and Wonder Woman make brief cameos/references to each other's movies given their shared mythological connections. I think WB has basically abandoned the idea of a big Avenger-style team up for the next few years, but I could see crossovers between 2-3 characters every now and then. Though I bet the directors would have the choice in whether they'd like to engage in that.
    Those are the only type of team ups we are going to see for like the next 7 - 10 years, and only if the directors want to allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Yeah, if these future DC films aren’t connected then WB can’t start to expect diminishing returns.
    I highly doubt the lack of a connected universe is going to cause diminishing returns. The solo films have done better than the team up films, Joker made a billion outside of the universe, no way Pattinson's Batman won't be successful. If the movies are good it won't matter.

source
    That doesn't say it's going to be in continuity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    For now. The instant WB wants the new Batman in other movies they'll load a dump truck full of money to Pattinson's door and he'll be guest starring in other movies and in the next Justice League - unless he's like Christian Bale then he won't make a movie without Reeves.
    He seems like since Twilight he's become more of a "serious" actor, so I can see him refusing to do the typical JL film. Like how I don't see Phoenix going into the shared universe.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Sounds like wanting to cash in on DCEU fandom and at the same time not. I won't expect anything.

Right now all it looks like a down-to-earth realism Batman type akin to the Bale versions which I really had enough off. Paired with its do we/do we not stance towards the DCEU its a movie that really does not incite any hype at all for me. On top of it having a bad aftertaste of being squandered money which could have used to strengthen the DCEU when its needed it most.
    We are so very different people. Strengthen the DCEU? I feel like I wouldn't mind WB pulling an Old Yeller on the DCEU. Trying to fix it feels more like squandered money to me.

We are so very different people. Strengthen the DCEU? I feel like I wouldn't mind WB pulling an Old Yeller on the DCEU. Trying to fix it feels more like squandered money to me.
    Only in the fine print; in the bigger scope I think we want the same: really awesome DC movies

Ultimate Member

I highly doubt the lack of a connected universe is going to cause diminishing returns. The solo films have done better than the team up films, Joker made a billion outside of the universe, no way Pattinson's Batman won't be successful. If the movies are good it won't matter.
    Agreed. And it's not just DC. Deadpool made a crapton of money, and has zero connection to the MCU, and only the most marginal connection to the X-movies (a tiny 'blink-and-you-missed-it' appearance by the cast of the most recent X-movies in Deadpool 2).

There's no reason why, for instance, a Lobo movie couldn't do the same. (I loathe Lobo, but he's got the same sort of appeal as Deadpool.) Or, to veer away from Deadpool style shenanigans, a Sandman movie, or a Deathstroke movie.

I'm pretty sure with "dimishing returns" he meant stuff i.e. like increase in sales of Ironman blurays after an Avenger movie. Or these weird completionists that buy a fancy Steelbook of a movie (they have not even watched because they feel it is disrespectful towards its source material) simply because its part of the movie universe *shoulderview to my BoP bluray completing the current DCEU*

Only in the fine print; in the bigger scope I think we want the same: really awesome DC movies
    True, while we disagree hard on the how to get there stuff, we both just want DC films to be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Agreed. And it's not just DC. Deadpool made a crapton of money, and has zero connection to the MCU, and only the most marginal connection to the X-movies (a tiny 'blink-and-you-missed-it' appearance by the cast of the most recent X-movies in Deadpool 2).

There's no reason why, for instance, a Lobo movie couldn't do the same. (I loathe Lobo, but he's got the same sort of appeal as Deadpool.) Or, to veer away from Deadpool style shenanigans, a Sandman movie, or a Deathstroke movie.
    I'm really hoping for more movies that ditch the MCU style to find success. Not everything needs to be tied together, really hampers variety.
    I'm pretty sure with "dimishing returns" he meant stuff i.e. like increase in sales of Ironman blurays after an Avenger movie. Or these weird completionists that buy a fancy Steelbook of a movie (they have not even watched because they feel it is disrespectful towards its source material) simply because its part of the movie universe *shoulderview to my BoP bluray completing the current DCEU*
    I didn't get the sense that is what was meant. More like he doesn't think the audience has patience or can't get excited for films that don't connect and build up to huge team movies and multi film epic pay offs.

Yeah, I’m not interested in non connected DC movies. If that’s the case then just make mine Marvel. Also can’t believe they’re going the “realistic” route with Batman again! We literally just had that!! Damn it!

Luckily though all the future Dc filmA seem connected, excepted for the Nolan 2.0 upcoming Batman Trilogy.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!