Page 1359 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3598591259130913491355135613571358135913601361136213631369 ... LastLast
Results 20,371 to 20,385 of 20948

Well this will be interesting. Seems like they’re retrying the brief Johns/Berg partnership.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Except Gunn knows how to make movies, lol.

Big W in my book. The Suicide Squad is my favorite DCEU production.

Does he know how to make DC movies though. TSS was fun but the paying audience wasn't that enamored with it to say the least. And we all know that much like their predecessors, Gunn and Safran will never have the kind of power at DC that Feige does at Marvel, yet if or when things go sour again, they will be the ones to get the blame for it.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-25-2022 at 03:12 PM.

I'm just curious what that means for non-Batman or SS properties.

And how will this effect animation?

BANNED

Not happy with this. Gunn's work to me is absolutely terrible and in some cases irredeemable.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Cool...
    Now will Gunn be dragged through the mud again?
    I mean, if they stuck with the guy who actually committed crimes (E. Miller), they're more than likely to stick with the guy who made a joke some 10-15 years ago, sincerely apologized for it, then moved on.

This is great news, personally. The first Guardians, TSS, and Peacemaker were all fantastic (Guardians 2 was okay, but hardly a homerun, imho).
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

James Gunn will straight up ruin characters for a joke that's all you really need to worry about. I mean Peacemaker and TSS are really good but of course I wouldn't expect him to command that type of quality for every DC show or movie.
    He tends to like the gimmick DC characters that are easily

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

...how the hell did Gunn get in charge of DC? This is Snyder all over again. Even Berlanti all over again. They will really just give it to anyone just for a mediocre job at a DC property.

On one hand, I’m happy - James Gunn is a real film making talent (especially outside of Marvel and Dc) and I’m sure he has a love for all these characters

HOWEVER - I don’t know how good we can expect him to be at producing these movies. His movies typically are very similar, not only in tone, but in jokes, dialogue, characters, story beats and so on. So will that be how every DC movie is angled from now on? Or will he be able to hold himself back from getting too involved?

On a personal level I had hoped that after GOTG 3 he would make at least one more indie/Non IP film before heading back to DC. Looks like that’s far down the road now.

But at least it isn’t the rock

Final nail in the coffin for JJ Abrams and Bad Robot. WBD should agree to buy them out of the contract at this point.

I mean, I enjoy Gunn's work but I can't say say I'm 100% for the idea of being involved in shepherding DC Entertainment across TV and animation. He's good at what he does and stuff in his style but I don't think that really needs to apply to everything.

Although I guess if people want more HQ-esque DC cartoons, maybe we'll get that?

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    Final nail in the coffin for JJ Abrams and Bad Robot. WBD should agree to buy them out of the contract at this point.
    Give them more money on top of the $250mill they wasted?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Does he know how to make DC movies though. TSS was fun but the paying audience wasn't that enamored with it to say the least. And we all know that much like their predecessors, Gunn and Safran will never have the kind of power at DC that Feige does at Marvel, yet if or when things go sour again, they will be the one to get the blame for it.
    How much of TSS's failure is down to the quality of the film and how much is due to it being a sequel to a notoriously shitty film while also lacking Will Smith is up for debate. For my money it's certainly one of the better DCEU movies, even if that's damning with faint praise.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Give them more money on top of the $250mill they wasted?
    I think they still owe one more year of the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    I think they still owe one more year of the contract.
    Are you talking about JJ buying out his contract? Because WB wouldn't need to do anything