Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default DC/WB Films/Worlds (No Spoilers)

I'm starting a new thread as the mods are closing the old DCEU thread to prevent server overloading long threads. Incidentally, it's fitting as the timing coincides with a point in WB/DC's movie timeline where they are course-correcting their movie universe and are even rebranding (though it isn't confirmed if the "Worlds of DC" moniker is official yet).

We are looking at a less interconnected movie universe, with diverse tonalities, and even non-continuity/Elseworlds-esque movies, with Joker being the first of them. The Hollywood Reporter breaks down why this new direction for DC Films is perfect for DC:

Why DC should stay true to being DC

An exciting time ahead for DC movie fans, with a refreshing slate of upcoming movies.

Incredible Member

If we get good movies like WW, aquaman, Shazam, ww 1984 and none of them really cross over and we just have sequels for specific characters I’m fine. I never needed a cinematic interconnected universe. Easter eggs and references here and there are great but they shouldn’t break their backs trying to fit another mold and everyone in a specific world. I love the idea of else worlds stories coming along too which slows for unique story telling. Still wish we either got Barbara in birds or they instead of calling it birds of prey we got a sirens movie with Harley ivy and cat! I don’t want them to milk Harley the wrong way where we are left scratching our heads as why Harley is even in a movie like birds.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The Flash Movie Reportedly Begins Filming Next Year In February, Location Revealed: https://pursuenews.com/the-flash-mov...tion-revealed/

The new title is so wordy .
    Even assuming an actual movie about them has been canned, I'm guessing this is Legion of Doom related.
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The Flash Movie Reportedly Begins Filming Next Year In February, Location Revealed: https://pursuenews.com/the-flash-mov...tion-revealed/
    Now all we need is for them to keep a writer/director team for once...

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even assuming an actual movie about them has been canned, I'm guessing this is Legion of Doom related.
    More likely it's Suicide Squad related.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The new title is so wordy
    It's not a DC Films discussion if it isn't unnecessarily convoluted.

I don't think "Worlds of DC" is an official name, I believe they called their films something similar last year. It's an easy enough name to grasp the post-Snyder DC movies however.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I'm starting a new thread as the mods are closing the old DCEU thread to prevent server overloading long threads. Incidentally, it's fitting as the timing coincides with a point in WB/DC's movie timeline where they are course-correcting their movie universe and are even rebranding (though it isn't confirmed if the "Worlds of DC" moniker is official yet).

We are looking at a less interconnected movie universe, with diverse tonalities, and even non-continuity/Elseworlds-esque movies, with Joker being the first of them. The Hollywood Reporter breaks down why this new direction for DC Films is perfect for DC:

Why DC should stay true to being DC

An exciting time ahead for DC movie fans, with a refreshing slate of upcoming movies.
    I heard the dcmu was over and there starting over
    I was in a freak accident there were freaks everywhere Dan vs

Default Gal Gadot calls for the release.......wait for it....... of the Snyder Cut OMG

On her insta

Will it happen?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    On her insta

Will it happen?
    I’d say it’s about 50/50 right now. On one hand, Warners would prefer to move on, and leave Justice League in the past but on the other hand the fans are strongly clamoring for it, and now the stars like Gal Gadot and Ben Affleck are now joining in support of the cut. That’s a lot of strong support, and something we’ve never seen before. The support hasn’t waned in the two years after the theatrical cut of JL was released which I feel which speaks to the undying passion of the Snyder fans who want to see their beloved director’s “real” vision.

Anyway you look at it, Warners is in a interesting position. I really couldn’t care less for the Snyder Cut but you have to give it to the Snyder fans they know how to make their voices heard(for better or worse).
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Amazing Member

There's been some talk that BoP might have a stronger hold over the coming days given the positive reviews its gotten. So I went over to www.boxofficemojo.com and crunched some numbers to see how it has done over the week. For comparison over the same period, I did the same for the other movies under the DCEU umbrella. (Yes, I included Green Lantern and Joker..so what? It's my list)

Title.....................Monday...........Tuesday .........Wednesday

BoP (2020)............... $2,160,176.......$3,381,368..........$1,826,055

Green Lantern (2011)..... $5,114,443.......$4,989,129..........$3,922,060
    Man of Steel (2013)......$12,585,005......$11,511,127.........$ 9,002,279
    BvS (2016)...............$15,040,496......$12,180,163. ........$8,102,420
    Wonder Woman (2017) .....$11,757,063......$14,342,175..........$9,326, 011
    Justice League (2017).....$7,508,311......$10,551,093.........$10 ,448,116
    Aquaman (2018)...........$10,851,928......$21,982,419(Xmas )..$16,903,518
    Shazam (2019).............$3,051,246.......$4,911,092.... .....$2,607,476
    Joker (2019)..............$9,702,049......$13,908,626... ......$9,611,712

I'm sorry but it doesn't look good so far. Not only is BoP not holding well, it's even falling further behind. Still, it's too early to call. Let's see how it does over the weekend.