Page 560 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 604605105505565575585595605615625635645706106601060 ... LastLast
Results 8,386 to 8,400 of 20948
    Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I don't see what's sad about that...
    If you are a fan that would like to see Batman team with any other characters in the DC Universe on film you are out of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    If you are a fan that would like to see Batman team with any other characters in the DC Universe on film you are out of luck.
    Eh, I'm not big on team ups - but you really don't need to have the whole shared universe thing to do a team up films. Look at animation, the Batman Unlimited movies were all team up films without being a part of a bigger shared universe. Batman vs the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Scooby Doo and Batman the Brave and the Bold. If animation can crack that nut, live action can too.

Ultimate Member

I really think that quite a few of the characters really shine on their own. I'd rather see solo movies about Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern and Aquaman, than them teamed up and all having to compete for attention. Certainly not the least reason for which being that I consider the lush visuals and setting of Atlantis and the underwater environment key to enjoying Aquaman, wanting to see more of Themiscrya and the Amazons, more of dark and broody Gotham and the Batcave, more of outer space and other alien GLs in Green Lantern, etc. and if they are all together in one movie, at least some of that is going to get sidelined.

For that reason, I'd prefer a Justice League composed primarily of characters who *don't* have these worlds built up around them, and won't feel like they've been snatched away and thrown into the stewpot with all of their flavor left behind.

That's also true of some Avengers. I really want to dive into Asgardian or Wakandan stuff when I see Thor or the Black Panther, not so much the two just kind of out of their element, and shoehorned onto a team in New York city, for whatever reason.

Basically my biggest dampener for that movie. Probably like Joker a wasted opportunity too; that one with its 80ys setting could have been connected with the DCEU with almost no change at all. And the only big elephant in the room regarding the different Joker looks could have been an after credit snippet or something else off screen to not upset the standalonies all too much.

Honeslty, the less modern versions of Batman and his world (Joker, Harley Quinn) interact with the rest of the DC universe the happier I am.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Eh, I'm not big on team ups - but you really don't need to have the whole shared universe thing to do a team up films. Look at animation, the Batman Unlimited movies were all team up films without being a part of a bigger shared universe. Batman vs the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Scooby Doo and Batman the Brave and the Bold. If animation can crack that nut, live action can too.
    They could but we have nothing on the way that looks like that will happen. DC should be able to do both stand alone and team up films but their slate shows nothing what so ever like that. The closest thing announced is the Flash movie now Flashpoint which has been in development hell forever.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

At this point, they really need to work on making the heroes work on their own before worrying about them teaming up

There is literally no evidence that the Batman film isn't part of the DCEU, in fact there is evidence to the contrary.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    There is literally no evidence that the Batman film isn't part of the DCEU, in fact there is evidence to the contrary.
    Reeves was asked to connect his movie but declined sometime shortly after he became director. Not every movie needs to be connected and not every fan enjoys continuity as much as others.

They could but we have nothing on the way that looks like that will happen. DC should be able to do both stand alone and team up films but their slate shows nothing what so ever like that. The closest thing announced is the Flash movie now Flashpoint which has been in development hell forever.
    Yes, but the point still stands - there's no upcoming team up movie (unless you count The Suicide Squad) coming because WB doesn't want to do team ups (and rightly so in my opinion). It had nothing to do with a less shared universe approach in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    ...um, no? It's not a part of the DCEU, and there's no evidence to the contrary that I know of...

I could see them grandfathering it in via Flashpoint but that could be more hassle than its worth. DC found its niche in its solo/seperate films than its interconnected films so i could see them just sticking to what works.

Someone mentioned mentioned Pattison's Batman versus Deathstroke and that made me think of Beware the Batman. It had a young Batman go up against an older Deathstroke so I don't mind seeing that happen again.

It also had Katana and the Outsiders pop up which would be cool.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    At this point, they really need to work on making the heroes work on their own before worrying about them teaming up
    They're on track with Wonder Woman, Shazam, Harley and Aquaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    They're on track with Wonder Woman, Shazam, Harley and Aquaman.
    Yeah, but I don't think the shared universe is going to play a part of most of those going forward. Aquaman had like a couple lines acknowledging JL happened, because it had too, but it just built him up as a solo hero. Next Wonder Woman will contradict Batman v Superman. Harley is in her own corner with her semi-solo BOP and Suicide Squad (and I still hope Gotham City Sirens and BOP vs GCS). Basically with the failure of JL I don't think these versions of the characters will ever team up again despite being in a shared universe.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, but I don't think the shared universe is going to play a part of most of those going forward. Aquaman had like a couple lines acknowledging JL happened, because it had too, but it just built him up as a solo hero. Next Wonder Woman will contradict Batman v Superman. Harley is in her own corner with her semi-solo BOP and Suicide Squad (and I still hope Gotham City Sirens and BOP vs GCS). Basically with the failure of JL I don't think these versions of the characters will ever team up again despite being in a shared universe.
    What do you think of the possibility of smaller scale team-ups? I'm pretty sure Cavill's Superman is set to play a role in future Shazam and Black Adam films. A Batman and Cyborg are rumored to be in Flash. And I could see them having Aquaman and Wonder Woman make brief cameos/references to each other's movies given their shared mythological connections. I think WB has basically abandoned the idea of a big Avenger-style team up for the next few years, but I could see crossovers between 2-3 characters every now and then. Though I bet the directors would have the choice in whether they'd like to engage in that.