Page 427 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 327377417423424425426427428429430431437477527927 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,405 of 20948
    Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

It's one of the most badas* things I've seen in a trailer. Can't wait to see it on the big screen. I hope that sequence lives on to be one of the most memorable and epic in CBMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post

Yo, that's lit
    The movies making up for Wonder Woman's lack of feats in the comics .

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Can she please start flying and be bulletproof, too?
    In the end of WW it looks like she flew off the building. Maybe having read a Spiderman issue she was just in the mood for swinging :P

Or she learns it (flying) during Wonder Woman 2 or between the movies.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The movies making up for Wonder Woman's lack of feats in the comics .
    If that's the case, then I say viva la cinema!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Retired

It's pretty interesting that Jenkins said a lot of WW84 was done on location using real stunts and practical effects. So that they didn't need to add that much CGI. That could mean the movie has a more spontaneous feel to it. Although, if that was the case, what were they doing with the movie in post-production all these months--just trying out different edits of the same footage?

I wasn't all that hyped by the trailer. But that's not so important. A lot of poor DC movies have had great trailers. And maybe getting hyped too early isn't such a good thing. The final trailer ought to be the best trailer.

Incredible Member

What's impressive isn't that she is lassoing those lightning bolts. What's IS impressive is that she is fast enough to do it.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    What's impressive isn't that she is lassoing those lightning bolts. What's IS impressive is that she is fast enough to do it.
    I said the same thing myself. A lightning bolt travels at about 1/3 the speed of light. For her to be able to interact with them so deliberately, that takes close to Flash-level speed.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Diana in that white dress with the split... yummy!

I liked the rest of the trailer, too. It's so weird that 1984 is way back with the cavemen now. That era was my favorite all-time for a variety of reasons.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member

The cinematography is really eye-catching and gorgeous and I’m digging the kind of techno music being used; which really help sell the 80’s vibe they’re going for . I like that it feels like a totally different film from the original and that’s good. Best not to rehash what’s been done before. Comedic beat at the end with Steve and the trash can was weak and didn’t land but overall I liked the trailer.

And the Eagle Armor looks awesome in live-action.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 12-08-2019 at 03:32 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

That looks amazing! The colors really pop. Such a contrast to the dreary WWI setting. Never thought I’d nerd out at seeing the “boomerang tiara”, but here we are. Wiig and Pascal look great too!

The freaking Kingdom Come armor!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post

Yo, that's lit
    Hot damn. That's gotta be one of the coolest things I've seen from a movie in a long time.

Okay, straight up, I had no faith in this movie. I figured after the first film's success WB would stick their fingers into it and screw things up. And the 80's are far from my favorite decade. Also wasn't thrilled to hear that Steve would return (even though he's my love interest of choice for Diana).

But that trailer sold it. Yup. Bring it on!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I said the same thing myself. A lightning bolt travels at about 1/3 the speed of light. For her to be able to interact with them so deliberately, that takes close to Flash-level speed.
    Eh, movie lightning moves way slower than real lightning (you can even just tell in the gif above) so the speed feat isn't actually that impressive. She would be moving a lot faster if it was as fast as real lightning.

That being said swinging with lightning bolts is some true godly ****, and I absolutely love that Patty put that in there. That's seriously next level. On paper it sounds so silly but it looks super legit and so cool on screen. Patty has got a real talent when it comes to action scenes.

I really wasn't feeling WW84 but I'm really sold on it now!

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Trailer was intruiging. It didn't blow my mind but that's okay, I'm interested. It looks like she will get to talk more and have a more confident role. I have mixed feelings about Steve coming back. I'm not sure what purpose it serves, and I feel like not just JL, but Wonder Woman itself focused a lot on her mourning him. He might have to die or go away anyway at the end, but I just feel like that sacrifice and lesson learned is undercut.

That being said, the Kingdom Come Armor! Wow.

The trailer looks good.

That's all I'll say for now before I get swept up in some dumb argument about colors that is always inevitable when it comes to DC adaptations these days.