Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Unless these shows don't agree with Zaslav's 'vision'.
    The Velma show was approved by the previous regime. Zaslav could scrap it if he wants to. I'm not looking forward to the show. I will be very happy if they scrap it. The preschool show however was ordered to series after the merger so I don't think that will be scrapped.
    Last edited by Veni; 08-04-2022 at 04:39 PM.

The 10 year plan news is only interesting in its implications for the existing characters. I guarantee the whole Justice League cast isn’t staying on for another decade (hell, look at the will they won’t they drama with Affleck), so are they going to use Flash as an excuse to usher in recasts? Reboot? It would be ironic if they still used the movie to write out departing actors like originally planned, just with a completely different outcome (IE, someone else playing Superman rather than the character being replaced by Supergirl).

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    But in the cancelled Batgirl movie that's more or less what happens (allegedly). Bruce Wayne is more or less a long cameo (I've read he has 4, 5 scenes) and it is a version of the character on the brink of retirement. It isn't a situation where Batman and Batgirl actively co-exist in the way Captain America and Falcon co-exist in the MCU. Again, the problem would be relatively non-existent if Batman had had his own 4-5-movie narrative arc with Batgirl as his designated heir, maybe even trained by him. But basically what we get in that specific universe is a BatFleck who didn't do much outside the JL movies, a BatKeaton who hasn't been active since the early 1990s, and Batgirl. I mean, even with the best intentions it's hard to argue that it is a confusing/rushed plan.
    But they were still producing Batman movies with Bruce, just with a separate Batman, so it's not like the plan was for Batgirl to permanently replace Batman anymore than she ever has before.

People would probably expect Batgirl to serve as Batman's sidekick but that doesn't mean she doesn't have value in live-action. Whether that would've worked with audiences is something I guess we'll never know.
    I wasn't taking the cameos into account and in all honesty I haven't seen the DAFFs. I still think that the presence of John Stewart in other media left a more lasting impression (or at least strong enough to be proposed as a possible lead in a movie), but maybe I am wrong.
    I wasn't talking about cameos either, some of those he was genuinely a significant character and contributed to the plot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    The Velma show was approved by the previous regime. Zaslav could scrap it if he wants to. The preschool show however was ordered to series after the merger so I don't think that will be scrapped.
    I have seen nothing to look forward to that with that Velma series.

Niffleheim
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

So - essentially - Zaslav is not that great a guy.

Nothing in that thread was even noteworthy. Let alone particularly shocking.

"Corporate head is about that money... News at eleven."

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So - essentially - Zaslav is not that great a guy.
    Why does DC keep ending up in the hands of selfish jerks?
    Assassinate Putin!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

they can literally release a major movie every two months if they wanna catch up so badly to Marvel.

Jan-Feb: Batman (Street Level)

Mar-Apr: Superman (World Level Threat)

May-Jun: Wonder Woman (Ancient Worlds/Godly Realms)

Jul-Aug: Green Lantern (Cosmic/Alien Species)

Sept-Oct: Aquaman (Hidden Worlds)

Nov-Dec: Flash (Universal Forces)

Jan-Feb: Martian Manthunter (Extinct Worlds)

*BREAK*

July 4th: Justice League

And then after 2nd year go wild because everything was already introduced.

I mean WTF is WB/Discovery doing?

But this requires trust and WB never had trust in their filmmakers from the very beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The 10 year plan news is only interesting in its implications for the existing characters. I guarantee the whole Justice League cast isn’t staying on for another decade (hell, look at the will they won’t they drama with Affleck), so are they going to use Flash as an excuse to usher in recasts? Reboot? It would be ironic if they still used the movie to write out departing actors like originally planned, just with a completely different outcome (IE, someone else playing Superman rather than the character being replaced by Supergirl).
    That’s what I’m assuming they plan on doing. Affleck isn’t sticking around for another 10 years. If Cavill’s issues with WB come down to money, Zaslav isn’t the type of guy to give in. The only real concern is that you’re asking Gadot and Maoma to stick around for 10 more years, that’s a pretty big ask.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Maybe I'm reading too much into it but does the fact that she is ahead of Supes mean WW3 is more of a sure thing than a Superman feature?
    No lol, not unless you think Zaslav views Shark Week as a bigger franchise than GoT and Harry Potter since it comes “before” those.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

haven't seen anyone bring up the penguin and arkham shows. Figure they're safe? With the Joker 2, it'd be weird to have two Joker in arkham projects.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    haven't seen anyone bring up the penguin and arkham shows. Figure they're safe? With the Joker 2, it'd be weird to have two Joker in arkham projects.
    HBO will oversee that and they will both probably just be limited series like Watchmen. Or they might just get cancelled if Zaslav's objective are strict about not wanting DC projects to be direct to consumer.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    they can literally release a major movie every two months if they wanna catch up so badly to Marvel.

Jan-Feb: Batman (Street Level)

Mar-Apr: Superman (World Level Threat)

May-Jun: Wonder Woman (Ancient Worlds/Godly Realms)

Jul-Aug: Green Lantern (Cosmic/Alien Species)

Sept-Oct: Aquaman (Hidden Worlds)

Nov-Dec: Flash (Universal Forces)

Jan-Feb: Martian Manthunter (Extinct Worlds)

*BREAK*

July 4th: Justice League

And then after 2nd year go wild because everything was already introduced.

I mean WTF is WB/Discovery doing?

But this requires trust and WB never had trust in their filmmakers from the very beginning.
    Releasing a movie every two months is not only impossible when it comes to production, it will probably not even have that much of an impact as the audience gets burned out quickly

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Releasing a movie every two months is not only impossible when it comes to production, it will probably not even have that much of an impact as the audience gets burned out quickly
    Not impossible when it comes to production? They all use different creative teams and crews. Its entirely possibly. But from a advertising angle it'd be a jumbled mess.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Not impossible when it comes to production? They all use different creative teams and crews. Its entirely possibly. But from a advertising angle it'd be a jumbled mess.
    Totally, but it seems to be working for Marvel they release something almost at this pace now and no one seems to be burnt out on it so far.