Page 945 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 4458458959359419429439449459469479489499559951045 ... LastLast
Results 14,161 to 14,175 of 20948
    Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    So they're having her as a cop?
    This reminded me of the Wonder Woman cop meme
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

All-New Member

Good, now i´m conviced this movie its actually happening. Maybe she is part of the force but Gordon does not allow her to see real action so Barbara will take a different approach for fighting crime

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redy64 View Post
    Good, now i´m conviced this movie its actually happening. Maybe she is part of the force but Gordon does not allow her to see real action so Barbara will take a different approach for fighting crime
    that would be sexist, its not the 90s he cant say this is too dangerous for her anymore

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    that would be sexist, its not the 90s he cant say this is too dangerous for her anymore
    Why can't his character take that position though? More so because she is his daughter.

All-New Member

Yeah, I was saying it in the sense that he does not want something bad happens to her daughter, he knows very well how dangerous is to be a cop in Gotham, maeby he has seen that she is very good with computers and wants her to stay with the tech crew

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Why can't his character take that position though? More so because she is his daughter.
    Because it dates him, and makes him an obstacle in a overplayed way. Sure he could, but telling a woman she can't.... just aint it.
    It also be great if Renne Montoya was not the only women on the force.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Because it dates him, and makes him an obstacle in a overplayed way. Sure he could, but telling a woman she can't.... just aint it.
    Yeah, it was kind of dated thinking when I entered the work force back in the '80s and it's even more so now. I know some people like to keep things static story-wise, but superheroes have to keep up with the times, too.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

It also be great if Renne Montoya was not the only women on the force.
    I mean, a big part of Babs' origin story is people underestimating and undervaluing her because she's a woman which is why she ends up emulating Batman and becoming a vigilante.

And Jim's resistance was never because she was a woman but because she's his daughter.

Montoya wasn't the only woman in Gotham Central at least.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, a big part of Babs' origin story is people underestimating and undervaluing her because she's a woman which is why she ends up emulating Batman and becoming a vigilante.

And Jim's resistance was never because she was a woman but because she's his daughter.

Montoya wasn't the only woman in Gotham Central at least.
    She was in the BOP film, and since Black canary may now be appearing in this film, I am worried, about the state of GCPD if its the same
    I know that he wanted to protect her and he can still feel that way, but Barbra no longer has to be so obedient and follow his wishes as she did back then. She is destined to become commissioner anyway.

She was in the BOP film, and since Black canary may now be appearing in this film, I am worried, about the state of GCPD if its the same
    I know that he wanted to protect her and he can still feel that way, but Barbra no longer has to be so obedient and follow his wishes as she did back then. She is destined to become commissioner anyway.
    I mean, she's probably going to become disillusioned anyways if she ends up feeling she needs to become Batgirl.

I doubt she'll still be with the force at the end of the movie. Cop Batgirl just feels weird.

Extraordinary Member

I mean, she's probably going to become disillusioned anyways if she ends up feeling she needs to become Batgirl.

I doubt she'll still be with the force at the end of the movie. Cop Batgirl just feels weird.
    And what will she do on her civilain side?

Are they going to say that Barbara was adopted or have some explanation as to how JK Simmon’s Commissioner Gordon has a Dominican/Afro-Latina daughter?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Are they going to say that Barbara was adopted or have some explanation as to how JK Simmon’s Commissioner Gordon has a Dominican/Afro-Latina daughter?
    An afro-Latina Wife

And what will she do on her civilain side?
    Librarian? Computer tech?

Extraordinary Member

Librarian? Computer tech?
    one of those would make her year one batgirl a lil easier,
    I wonder if she went to grad school and is still nerdy