Page 673 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1735736236636696706716726736746756766776837237731173 ... LastLast
Results 10,081 to 10,095 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Fan feedback is more positive than negative from what I've seen.
    Fans arent always that objective, they are biased and I am not referring to WW84 but in general.

I liked the movie, not at level of the first, but it has heart and gives hope, unlike gloomy takes of certain DCEU movies.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

There's absolutely some stuff in there that WW fans will adore, just like all the other DCEU movies have had, but, like too many of these films, they simply don't hold together as stories beyond the surface level.

I'm glad that some people are enjoying this film, but I can't imagine this being the success that the first movie was

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    There's absolutely some stuff in there that WW fans will adore, just like all the other DCEU movies have had, but, like too many of these films, they simply don't hold together as stories beyond the surface level.

I'm glad that some people are enjoying this film, but I can't imagine this being the success that the first movie was
    I can't either but that's more due to the circumstances under which it was released rather than the quality in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    That's worrisome. I always pay more attention to what the actual fans of these characters think as opposed to critics, so seeing the RT score going down doesn't bother me as much as some of the fan feedback I'm seeing. Was really hoping for a worthy followup. :/
    It’s a good film, just not as good as the first film. Think it’s getting mixed reactions, leaning more positive. The main thing it lacked was action. They should have done more with Cheetah for sure

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

The fact that it doesn't devolve into Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots in the 3rd act is a blessing. Wonder Woman uses her lasso of truth to save the day by letting the morally corrupted megalomaniac see that the PotUS's wish was going to end the world in a nuclear disaster. God that's so refreshing. She appeals to the humanity of another individual, in a way he can understand (his son's safety and well being).

She's THE superhero.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-26-2020 at 10:45 AM.

Spectacular Member

I think WW84 compared to the first one is a huge letdown, in my opinion.
    SPOILERS!
    Pros
    Steve and Diana are excellent together
    Diana and Barbara’s dynamic is good
    Barbara as a bad guy is good
    Action sequences are well done
    Patty Jenkins directing is good
    Pedro Pascal as Maxwell Lord is awesome
    Cons
    Not enough action
    Run time is a little too long
    Not enough Cheetah, her appearance was barely five minutes
    Cheetahs CGI had some bad spots
    Diana sleeping with Steve while technically he’s in another mans body is weird
    No build up or exciting features to the Golden Eagle Armor
    Story and script weren’t good
    The wish granting rock was a bit all over the place
    Not enough Wonder Woman lore (Greek Myths, Themyscira)
    No Warrior Wonder Woman (Sword, Shield)
    Unexplained ability to fly despite not flying in BVS and JL

Overall the directing by Patty Jenkins was good and probably the saving grace of the movie but the writing was horrendous, the writer for the first one Allan Heinberg should’ve remained. I know there’s criticisms to Zack Snyder’s dark take on DC but the first film used it quite well but WW84 comes across a little cartoony at sometimes. It was like a soft reboot that just didn’t click well considering how different Diana is in her other appearances. I’d give a 5 out of 10.

Niffleheim

Acceptance has yet to set in and it will take months before they come to the same conclusion of being disappointed than the volume of ridicule the movie is getting in my timeline right now. Poor Cheetah!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

My current DCEU ranking:

1. Wonder Woman
    2. Shazam
    3. Aquaman
    4. Birds of Prey
    5. Wonder Woman 1984
    6. Man of Steel

Big Gap

7. Suicide Squad (just for Margot)
    8. BvS.
    9. Justice League

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    It’s a good film, just not as good as the first film. Think it’s getting mixed reactions, leaning more positive. The main thing it lacked was action. They should have done more with Cheetah for sure
    Well, the ending to Cheetah's arc here implies she's not quite done. She should have been the only antagonist though. Or her and

spoilers:
    the Duke of Deception
    end of spoilers

A great deal of the film's narrative problems are related to Max, and as delightfully hammy as Pascal is that storyline causes the entire middle to drag and pushes the more interesting Barbara stuff into the background.

It’s such a bummer that Wonder Woman 84 is getting such mediocre to poor reviews. After all the delays and buzz this is a huge letdown.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It’s such a bummer that Wonder Woman 84 is getting such mediocre to poor reviews. After all the delays and buzz this is a huge letdown.
    I find interesting that patty complained about the script for thor the dark world and she left or did not want to do it(of course it was changed after she left)but the RT critic score for thor the dark world is the same for WW84 and may get lower.
    The audience RT score is higher for the second thor film.
    Thor the dark world is seen as a better film from the audience on average then WW84.
    Last edited by mace11; 12-26-2020 at 03:58 PM.

Shave off the intro, remove everything about the golden armor and redo WW vs Cheetah fight. Would have made it better imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah it is a bummer as WW84 was highly anticipated, especially after such a great first film, unfortunately it’s not as good and Pattt had complete control over the film. Damn, WB is screwed either way! They give their directors creative freedom (Patty, James, Snyder, Gunn...etc) and look what happens. I guess its a gamble... sometimes it pays off and other times it doesn’t.

I think WW needs new blood at the helm and hopefully WB hires a director with more experience in action.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I find interesting that patty complained about the script for thor the dark world and she left or did not want to do it(of course it was changed after she left)but the RT critic score for thor the dark world is the same for WW84 and may get lower.
    The audience RT score is higher for the second thor film.
    Thor the dark world is seen as a better film from the audience on average then WW84.
    Maybe people had higher expectations for Wonder Woman than they did for Thor (I guess the same could be said for Marvel Studios).

I haven't seen WW84 yet but it seems like it was maybe too ambitious compared to your average MCU movie.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe people had higher expectations for Wonder Woman than they did for Thor (I guess the same could be said for Marvel Studios).

I haven't seen WW84 yet but it seems like it was maybe too ambitious compared to your average MCU movie.
    The script is simultaneously over-ambitious and staggeringly dumb. Such a shame. I adore the first film, with the exception of the shoehorned in CGI battle in the end. This was reportedly insisted upon by the studio.

With this film, Jenkins had free reign and it just doesn't work for me at all, despite some great stuff in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The script is simultaneously over-ambitious and staggeringly dumb. Such a shame. I adore the first film, with the exception of the shoehorned in CGI battle in the end. This was reportedly insisted upon by the studio.

With this film, Jenkins had free reign and it just doesn't work for me at all, despite some great stuff in there.
    I mean, I liked the Ares fight, so maybe I have a better chance of actually enjoying it .