Page 731 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2316316817217277287297307317327337347357417818311231 ... LastLast
Results 10,951 to 10,965 of 20948

Wonder Woman leading the Amazons and Aquaman leading the seven kingdoms against Darkseid's army is something I would love to see.

For a Justice League movie 75% of the plot seems to focus on Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You go into this with the mind set that no matter how bad it is because it's about BATMAN-you assume everyone will still support it. Much like we see in comics-where stories no matter how bad seem to stay top sellers because of WHO is on the cover. Heroes in Crisis says HI.

Then the reality check comes that the general public is NOT comic book worshippers that you can bully or guilty trip into supporting stuff.

Figures-they got pandered to ONCE and expect it again.

And this is what Fisher is fighting for?

What good is putting this out and Cyborg is an after thought in this trilogy? At least in this draft.
    I mean, GA wouldn't care. Comic book fans would make noise about it being wrong or whatever, but so long as it's executed well, I doubt GA would mind it. Now, whether Zack could have pulled it off is another question. I personally don't think he could, not in 2-3 movies. Maybe 5-6 movies perhaps.

Also, reason why we have so many shitty reboots and stories (in comics) is because fans are closeminded (or too attached to specific iterations of characters). Not saying that's entirely a bad thing (I get it, and I feel the same about certain characters). And sales have shown, time and again that fans aren't so eager to support new and original books.

Some of the best DC stories are elseworlds where creatives could take the characters in a different direction.

Anyways, we are just making a mountain out of a mole hill at this point - what's the value in discussing an early storyboard. We will see what they did in a few weeks.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Incredible Member

I thought that the Batman and Lois kid was a good twist. Kind of like a Nicolas Sparks book. It takes a good kind hearted man to raise someone else's kid especially in that situation. Plus you got the fact that Clark was adopted. Maybe that's the point Snyder was trying to make. Cyborg's end arc is like a wishfullfillment for fans who want to see him human again. And I love that he's now an actual God probably like Thor or the New Gods. Put it is disapointing that there wasn't a Cyborg villain in the script.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

If the kid’s biological father was Bruce, raised by Clark than becomes a hero, it kinda feels like a wasted opportunity to not call him “Nightwing” tbh.

Thank goodness that after snyder cut he wont do more DC movies. That seems like a big mess with too much batfocus.

Jesus, the stuff in these leaks. And he really wanted to do all of this in just 2 to 3 movies? Meh, maybe I’m just used to the way Marvel takes their time with things. But I’m really glad that the Bruce and Lois bullshit got scrapped. It just really makes Bruce even more unlikable than he was in BvS to me.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

Astonishing Member

Do you know what these original Zack Snyder story ideas and George Lucas’s original plans for the sequel trilogy have in common with each other? They’re both overly ambitious plans that likely would’ve set the fandom world on fire with controversy had their respective studios follow through on them — and it could be reasonably argued a bullet was dodged by essentially abandoning them. Save for the Lois and Bruce stuff, I kind of unabashed love these outlines and hope we one day see these ideas done in either a DCEU graphic novel or an animated two-part movie. It’s sounds like the perfect elseworlds story and all for that.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 03-05-2021 at 11:50 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Do you what Know these original Zack Snyder story ideas and George Lucas’s original plans for the sequel trilogy have in common with each other? They’re both overly ambitious plans that likely would’ve set the fandom world on fire with controversy had their respective studios follow through on them — and it could be reasonably argued a bullet was dodged by essentially abandoning both them. Save for the Lois and Bruce stuff, I kind of unabashed love these outlines and hope we one day see these ideas done in either a DCEU graphic novel or an animated movie. It’s sounds like the perfect elseworlds story and all for that.
    Lol; yeah, would love to see it in graphic novel.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triple J View Post
    "They wanted me back for a reason"

(It's to prop up Batman)

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Don't you guys dismiss action based comics as basically just punching?prejudices all around.

At what point in that original post did I dismiss action? If you meant the "big swing" comment (I know English isn't your first language and you're not from the United States so perhaps this was simply a miscommunication. It's a baseball metaphor about taking a big chance on something not guaranteed), that's more that Jim probably liked the idea because it wasn't some softball pitch; it was wild and out there. And yes, I do prefer substance with my flash. All of one or the other gets dull fast. That's not prejudice, it's asking for art to have a balance of ingredients than a mindless slugfest which I don't find engaging most of the time. Exceptions do happen occasionally, but especially in film, you need both to create a satisfying narrative.
    Last edited by Robanker; 03-05-2021 at 12:31 PM.

Baseless crazy theory: WB leaked Snyder original plans so people stop dreaming about a utopic MoS2 and see the crap they would be getting instead. Now anything Abrams and Coates does they can say: "Well, at least we don't have an arc where Evil Superman evolves to cuck Superman".

Honestly, if they did it, it would be a smart movie, probably the right one.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 03-05-2021 at 02:43 PM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Baseless crazy theory: WB leaked Snyder original plans so people stop dreaming about a utopic MoS2 and see the crap they would be getting instead. Now anything Abrams and Coates does they can say: "Well, at least we don't have an arc where Evil Superman evolves to cuck Superman".
    Not beyond the realm of possibility.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

You're banking on the company who wanted an angry god Superman after Returns, who only do adaptions where he's evil, dies or his origin and think they care about providing a traditional take on Clark? Superman & Lois is proving an exception, not the norm with WB/AT&T. Don't forget how much they love Injustice.

The simplest theory is likely correct: Snyder or his fans wanted to share the original idea, possibly to drum up interest or simply answer burning questions.

Ultimate Member

I would NOT put that beneath them.

And you know what... I probably would have done the same thing. However I would have take all that mess Snyder offered and put it in comic book form.

Why NOT release that in comic book form in time for the Cut to come out?

I mean what harm would do? It would probably sell (mainly to Snyder fans).

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I would NOT put that beneath them.

And you know what... I probably would have done the same thing. However I would have take all that mess Snyder offered and put it in comic book form.

Why NOT release that in comic book form in time for the Cut to come out?

I mean what harm would do? It would probably sell (mainly to Snyder fans).
    Well Snyder has to agree to that and there is little reason for him to do so at the moment.