Page 515 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 154154655055115125135145155165175185195255656151015 ... LastLast
Results 7,711 to 7,725 of 20948
    Astonishing Member

You’re right that Ayer’s original vision most likely not very good. It baffles me to no end on why he thought Echantress was a better villain to use than Joker. Suicide Squad’s plot should have been a race against time to stop the Joker from executing evil schemes(maybe it’s a bomb that Joker plans to unleash on the city or something) and about Harley Quinn’s liberation from the Joker’s influence.

That would’ve been far better than whatever the heck that Enchantress garbage was about. Honestly what was Ayer thinking?
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 04-10-2020 at 02:41 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Probably wanted to do a big super hero, save the world story but with anti-heroes and villains.

In hindsight, a smaller story like the B-story of Assault on Arkham; that had Batman trying to find the dirty bomb the Joker planeted somewhere in Gotham. Would've been more Suicide Squad's speed. Give the Joker the Royal Flush gang to bolster his offensive ranks against the SS. With Harley being the wild card for the squad and Joker.

To his credit, he himself later admitted Enchantress was a bad choice and that he should've had the Joker and his goons as the villains, which would've been a better fit for the premise.

To be honest, I have my doubts Leto's Joker could have carried a film as a villain but maybe the edits to the film hurt Ayer's take.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

The original premise of having Steppenwulf as the bad guy using a Mother Box to manipulate Enchantress would have been better, but Ayer is right that Joker should have been the Big Bad.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The original premise of having Steppenwulf as the bad guy using a Mother Box to manipulate Enchantress would have been better, but Ayer is right that Joker should have been the Big Bad.
    The plot was the main issue....who's idea was it to have that team fighting Enchantress in the first place. It should have just been something mundane like obtain a motherbox from a foreign country or something

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

If you have to fight a Superman/Omega level threat the government clearly needs... Croc, Boomerang, Slipknot, Deadshot and Harley. Makes no sense. You could replace any of them with a special forces soldier. The biggest failure is missing characterization and a plot that makes sense. Joker would be more personal, more on the level of the Squad but as badly written and directed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthor View Post
    The plot was the main issue....who's idea was it to have that team fighting Enchantress in the first place. It should have just been something mundane like obtain a motherbox from a foreign country or something
    I mean, to be fair, the Squad dealing with Enchantress was from the Ostrander/Yale run...but it came after a bunch of cloak and dagger, relatively more grounded, stuff. And after June herself had already been a member for a few missions.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    People who don't use social media like twitter have no idea what the Snyder cut is. People in the real world don't and don't even care.
    Which is probably why WB hasn't and isn't going to spend the money it would take to Release The Snyder Cut. Who even wants it? A few thousand people? Even if a million people
    wanted it, that is only a few million dollars in profit compared to the millions it would take to release a finished product. Just because maybe a hundred people at most flood social
    media demanding some mythical Snyder cut doesn't mean there is some huge ground swell of demand for it. People are just deluding themselves if they think otherwise.

How the hell did we get back to bitching about the snyder cut? For something no one cares about or doesn't exist, it seems to occupy a lot of free space in people's heads, namely the ones who hate it.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 04-11-2020 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    People who don't use social media like twitter have no idea what the Snyder cut is. People in the real world don't and don't even care.
    I don't use Twitter, I learned it from here. People learn things from all sorts of sources.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Just saw Birds of Prey...wow, much worse than I thought it would be. Putting the lack of comic book accuracy completely aside, every aspect of the film was poor and felt forced, and it seems to try and disguise its emptiness behind the zany chaotic aesthetic and non-linear storytelling. It wasn't funny, it wasn't exciting, and none of the characters were interesting. Margot and McGregor had there moments, but were ultimately failed by the material.

This is one where I can't find any common ground with the critics, who appear to give it a thumbs up for simply the idea behind the film, with no regard for the quality of the execution.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Just saw Birds of Prey...wow, much worse than I thought it would be. Putting the lack of comic book accuracy completely aside, every aspect of the film was poor and felt forced, and it seems to try and disguise its emptiness behind the zany chaotic aesthetic and non-linear storytelling. It wasn't funny, it wasn't exciting, and none of the characters were interesting. Margot and McGregor had there moments, but were ultimately failed by the material.

This is one where I can't find any common ground with the critics, who appear to give it a thumbs up for simply the idea behind the film, with no regard for the quality of the execution.
    I wonder why I like the movie. I understand your problems with it and usually despise anything Harley on top of all that, yet... maybe it was a great evening for me (they're less and less) and all the positive vibes dilluted my criticism

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How the hell did we get back to bitching about the snyder cut? For something no one cares about or doesn't exist, it seems to occupy a lot of free space in people's heads, namely the ones who hate it.
    Train of thought. Amadeus Arkham wondered why Ezra Miller hasn't commented on social media. I asked if Miller was even very involved with social media. The stargazer01 said he (Miller) knew about the Synder cut.
    Then Vakanai said "Like lurking on nerd forums and sites isn't a thing. Don't need to use social media to know about that." To which stargazer01 responded "People who don't use social media like twitter have no idea
    what the Snyder cut is. People in the real world don't and don't even care." To which I responded that this is probably the reason WB isn't going to release the Snyder cut. And here we are. So partly my bad.
    I'll try to not respond anymore about it.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I don't use Twitter, I learned it from here. People learn things from all sorts of sources.
    Wasn't there bill boards and flying messages to the release the Snyder cut thing?