Page 433 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 333383423429430431432433434435436437443483533933 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,495 of 20948
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jennysparks View Post
    Source?

I'd love this to be true.
    Well, naysayers are now rewriting history and saying that it's advanced screenings got "mixed reviews" but that's not the case. The "mixed" was WB getting nervous about blogger's reactions to leaks of out of context plot elements but the actual advanced screenings have gotten rave reviews.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I found Canary's personality a bit weird there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I don't think Dinah would ordinarily get along well with Harley, but what can you do...

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    From Snyder's Vero:

Dude needs to get a job.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Dinah would ordinarily get along well with Harley, but what can you do...
    Dinah and Harley have been building a bond if not a "friendship" in the Injustice universe for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    Dinah and Harley have been building a bond if not a "friendship" in the Injustice universe for years now.
    Which is pretty stupid considering Harley helped nuke a city. That’s what Frontier is talking about. That’s a case of Taylor making everyone love his pet character even when it doesn’t make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I'm glad someone said it.

Random thought:

Do you guys think New Gods is being restructured to be an HBO Max series?

There are several reasons I speculate this:
    • New Gods is vast, and it'd be very difficult to cover all of it in one movie. A high-budget series is more ideal and that kind of high concept premise is an easy pitch for a series on a premium service.
    • New Gods is similar to the Eternals in concept (well, it's more the other way around but you know what I mean). Eternals is a movie coming next year, and even though New Gods came first, it would inevitably draw comparisons and likely not in a favorable way as a movie. As a series, it's less likely to draw stigma.
    • Ava DuVernay is a creator working closely for the service, and she was set to direct the movie. Ava is making the DMZ series for the service, for reference.
    • Finally, the last word was that New Gods was a movie that was getting ready to go. Now, the recent DC movie slate has been announced up to 2022, and New Gods is conspicuously absent for a movie making such good progress. Reminds me of Green Lantern having consistent news before going silent leading up to the HBO Max announcement.

So what do you think? Could the New Gods work as a series, and do you think there's merit to this speculation?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Random thought:

• New Gods is vast, and it'd be very difficult to cover all of it in one movie. A high-budget series is more ideal and that kind of high concept premise is an easy pitch for a series on a premium service.
    • New Gods is similar to the Eternals in concept (well, it's more the other way around but you know what I mean). Eternals is a movie coming next year, and even though New Gods came first, it would inevitably draw comparisons and likely not in a favorable way as a movie. As a series, it's less likely to draw stigma.
    • Ava DuVernay is a creator working closely for the service, and she was set to direct the movie. Ava is making the DMZ series for the service, for reference.
    • Finally, the last word was that New Gods was a movie that was getting ready to go. Now, the recent DC movie slate has been announced up to 2022, and New Gods is conspicuously absent for a movie making such good progress. Reminds me of Green Lantern having consistent news before going silent leading up to the HBO Max announcement.

So what do you think? Could the New Gods work as a series, and do you think there's merit to this speculation?
    I think Ava is better at television (not that she's a slouch at movies), so I would be okay with it.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

WW84 looks terrible. Worst trailer movie I ever heard. Sorry but they won't catch lightning in a bottle again with that. Don't even get me started on the Sword & Shield thing, they don't want to use it fine but don't throw around lame excuses for it.

BoP looks equally as bad.

Not watching any TV shows, not reading any comic books, not watched any animated movies/shows in a while I have hit classic comic book fatigue so don't know if that is making me more cynical but not feeling any of these upcoming movies /:
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    WW84 looks terrible. Worst trailer movie I ever heard. Sorry but they won't catch lightning in a bottle again with that. Don't even get me started on the Sword & Shield thing, they don't want to use it fine but don't throw around lame excuses for it.

BoP looks equally as bad.

Not watching any TV shows, not reading any comic books, not watched any animated movies/shows in a while I have hit classic comic book fatigue so don't know if that is making me more cynical but not feeling any of these upcoming movies /:
    As long as you are not going to take a liking to Star Wars you will be fine ��

Extraordinary Member

Random thought:

This might be the case.
    Blackhawk is another movie that was announced but not on the slate either.
    Steven Spielberg to Direct 'Blackhawk' Movie for DC – Variety
    https://variety.com/2018/film/news/s...dc-1202756319/

The new gods could be a movie/couple of movies on hbo max or a limited series.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Random thought:

Rumor was that the New Gods film is/was centered on Mister Miracle and Big Barda with Granny Goodness and the Furies as villains. I don't think they were every planning on covering the full scope of the New Gods mythology.

If the script rumors are true about the Eternals film being heavily influenced by Neil Gaiman's take on the characters then it will be very different from a potential New Gods film/movie.

If that's the case, why not just name it Mister Miracle?

Still, I think it's better suited for TV and for the above reasons there's a good chance of it imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    The explanation seemed as fine as any. But then again I kind of hated the way Wonder Woman was characterized in Johns' Justice League in the New 52, so seeing them downplay that is fine by me.