Page 507 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 74074574975035045055065075085095105115175576071007 ... LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,605 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yeah! The treatment of that was more jokey than serious until later. It wasn't this great drama, that has overtaken superman as a character now. Clark kent the persona itself was more used for comedic purposes. It's made so intricate that people actually believe that superman is that kinda character now. Worse, most of the times it's forced and lame.
    I think it's all in the execution .

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Well looks like that Flash movie is never gonna happen. Ezra Miller choke some girl and slammed her.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Well looks like that Flash movie is never gonna happen. Ezra Miller choke some girl and slammed her.
    Yeah, no amount of spin is going to fix this one. Baring an extraordinarily good explanation, Ezra Miller's career is pretty done for the foreseeable future.

Man, that Flash movie is cursed. Probably for the best. I'd rather they let the CW Flash show wrap up before trying to transition the character to the big screen again.

Why is it so difficult for celebrities to get their act together.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-06-2020 at 07:17 AM.

It honestly looks like a joke to me but cancel culture won't wait to know all the facts before judgement is cast

Oh it will happen, but might not happen with Miller. WB sure do look like morons for bending over backwards to appease Ezra now though. Should’ve cut him loose after JL, not like he was a beloved part of that movie. Just add Flash to the “reboot” pile with Batman and Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    It honestly looks like a joke to me but cancel culture won't wait to know all the facts before judgement is cast
    Yeah, I just watched the video and it doesn't look like a legit altercation.

For those who can't watch it for whatever reason, a fan walks up to Miller, smiling, and holding her arms up like she's play fighting. Miller says "Oh, you wanna fight?" but not in an aggressive tone of voice at all. He does put his hands around her neck and puts her on the ground, but he doesn't appear to be slamming her or using any actual force. The camera man says "Whoa, dude, hold on" or something, and seems alarmed, and the video ends.

There's no context beyond that. So maybe this is actually assault. But I think I'm probably rougher with my kids when we wrestle than Miller seemed here. I feel like, you know how Jason Mamoa takes photos with couples where he has his arm around the lady and they're both pushing the boyfriend away? This thing with Miller feels like that. If you grabbed a two second video of Mamoa pushing a guy away, you could claim that he's cheating on his wife and breaking up a couple, or whatever, when it's nothing but a fun photo opportunity. I get the vibe from Miller here that this interaction with the fan is nothing more menacing than that.

But again, there's no context and Miller looks like he weighs about 90 pounds, so maybe this is an actual violent act instead of an actor playing around with a fan. It's tone deaf no matter how you slice it, but there's a ocean of difference between attacking a fan and goofing around with a little pretend rough housing.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

It's entirely possible this is a joke or something innocent that got out of hand, but I don’t think this is going to end well unless the woman in that video immediately comes forward to explain that it wasn’t an actual assault. If she doesn't, I can't see Ezra Miller being able to anchor a giant tentpole blockbuster. The press tour would be a circus.

Even if the woman had been provoking him or something, grabbing a woman by the throat and throwing her to the ground is just not going to fly anymore. No studio wants that kind of stink linked to one of their franchises. Those days are over.

Even if the woman comes forward later today and was all "No no, we were just playing around and it was all my idea and Miller is the sweetest guy ever" I think the dude's career is, at the very absolute least, going to take a massive blow. Odds are it's over either way.

It's tone deaf no matter what and Miller was an idiot; he knows that every move a celebrity makes is scrutinized and this would look bad no matter how innocent it was (if it was), but I really don't get the vibe like I just watched actual violence.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Yeah, I lean towards him attempting to joke around (though anything is possible), but grabbing a stranger like that, especially a woman, is pretty out-of-bounds. You can also tell that her face is surprised at first.

Eh, looks staged.
    No charges.
    No police report.
    Video and posts pulled off Twitter.
    Seems both sides are acting fishy.

Variety is saying it wasn’t a joke: https://twitter.com/adambvary/status...628211712?s=21

https://www.newsweek.com/ezra-miller...league-1496351

A Reddit user claims to have witnessed the incident. If this is true, and it’s still a big IF as its unconfirmed, Ezra needs to go away. Find a new actor to play the Flash and move on.

"Because he’s a fucking psycho and spit on me and two other staff members after the fact multiple times

He was showing her his ‘scars’ from all the fights he’d been in and she said I could beat you up. She was joking around asking to fight and he took it seriously and freaked."

Because he’s obviously a moron. After my friend and I threw him off her he was standing barefoot outside for at least 10 minutes while the bouncers waited for the cops to pick him up."
    Last edited by Robotman; 04-06-2020 at 10:42 AM.

What an assclown.

Unless he groped someone he's fine.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut