Page 730 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2306306807207267277287297307317327337347407808301230 ... LastLast
Results 10,936 to 10,950 of 20948
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    If true, this makes me sad.

How could Jim "Hush" Lee not say something.

I honestly think Snyder never read a DC book other than DKR, how could he think the general public would be cool with this?
    Since my eyesight makes reading that...too much effort, I have to ask....can someone summarize that for me? I admit, I'm curious.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I honestly think Snyder never read a DC book other than DKR, how could he think the general public would be cool with this?
    Jim probably liked it because it was dark and a big swing.

Snyder would probably dismiss his critics as being too attached to cartoons and that he made art.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Since my eyesight makes reading that...too much effort, I have to ask....can someone summarize that for me? I admit, I'm curious.
    Green Lantern arrives on the Knightmare Earth we saw in BvS. Batman is leading the resistance against the forces of Darkseid, whose armies are led by a Superman controlled by the Anti-Life Equation because of the grief over Darkseid's murder of Lois at the end of Justice League Part 1. Deadshot is now part of the League because his daughter also got taken over by the Anti-Life Equation, along with Mera, who is having trouble finding any water left for them to survive.

Batman, Flash & Cyborg come up with a plan to build a Cosmic Treadmill to send Flash back in time to contact Bruce and warn him about Lex's Injustice Gang killing half the Justice League (presumably WW and Aquaman). They succeed in doing so but not before Evil Superman shows up and murders everyone.

Because of this message, the present day Batman is able to stop Lois from getting killed, thereby preventing the existence of Evil Superman. Batman then rallies the Earth's militaries against Darkseid's forces while Diana rallies the Amazons and Arthur unites the Seven Kingdoms of Atlantis, giving us a giant repeat of the Lord of the Rings-styled battle that took place against Darkseid's forces thousands of years ago. They are also joined by the entire Green Lantern Corps. Batman sacrifices his life defeating Darkseid.

You might be noticing a trend about how Batman focused this all is...

But, the real kicker is that it's revealed that Lois's child was actually Bruce's instead of Clark's. Originally, the first Justice League was going to have Bruce fall in love with Lois, who knocked boots with him in her grief, but was still in love with dead Clark. Then Clark comes back to life and Lois finds out she's pregnant and lies about it being Clark's, who we find out at the end knew was Bruce's son all along.

It's....dumb.

Basically, Snyder was riffing further on the whole Excalibur story with Bruce as Lancelot, Lois as Guinevere, and Clark as Arthur but without doing the work of actually establishing Bruce & Clark as best friends before pitting them against each other.

Oh, yeah, so Superman, who had abandoned the whole Clark Kent identity following his death, decides to be Clark again in order to raise their son, Bruce Jr., to be the next Batman.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    It was transcribed by some sites: https://geekositymag.com/zack-snyder...boards-leaked/

Hey, give him some credit. He's at least read Morrison's JLA run. Since that finale with everyone on earth uniting against Darkseid is straight out of the Maggedon arc. I think the Knightmare future may have also been based on a Morrison JLA arc? It's been a long time since I read it. Though as usual, he's learned all the wrong lessons from them.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Jim probably liked it because it was dark and a big swing.

Snyder would probably dismiss his critics as being too attached to cartoons and that he made art.
    Don't you guys dismiss action based comics as basically just punching?prejudices all around.

They don't care enough about superman.If the reverse was true and it was batman.This wouldn't have even be thought of.Then again,he is killing of batman.He did kill of dick grayson.So,he is gonna do what he feels like with these characters.Maybe,Jim lee and others understand.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-05-2021 at 05:08 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Keep in mind this was an initial draft, and scripts do change a lot after initial drafts.

Anyways - I have always viewed Snyderverse as an Elseworlds (as with any other DC adaptation tbh), so it doesn't bother me too much. I don't necessarily want the same things as in comics, but I do get why it might have been a bad idea for a "main" timeline (if they were going with the initial drafts, it would have been far better off in the future once main timeline was established).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

If somebody framed my first drafts in an exhibition, I would burn the place to the ground. Those are not meant to see the light of day.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    If somebody framed my first drafts in an exhibition, I would burn the place to the ground. Those are not meant to see the light of day.
    Haha lol. The exhibition was closed off to public; so the guy who got it will get into some sort of trouble with WB, I imagine. They took down the screenshots immediately (on Twitter).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Green Lantern arrives on the Knightmare Earth we saw in BvS. Batman is leading the resistance against the forces of Darkseid, whose armies are led by a Superman controlled by the Anti-Life Equation because of the grief over Darkseid's murder of Lois at the end of Justice League Part 1. Deadshot is now part of the League because his daughter also got taken over by the Anti-Life Equation, along with Mera, who is having trouble finding any water left for them to survive.

Batman, Flash & Cyborg come up with a plan to build a Cosmic Treadmill to send Flash back in time to contact Bruce and warn him about Lex's Injustice Gang killing half the Justice League (presumably WW and Aquaman). They succeed in doing so but not before Evil Superman shows up and murders everyone.

Because of this message, the present day Batman is able to stop Lois from getting killed, thereby preventing the existence of Evil Superman. Batman then rallies the Earth's militaries against Darkseid's forces while Diana rallies the Amazons and Arthur unites the Seven Kingdoms of Atlantis, giving us a giant repeat of the Lord of the Rings-styled battle that took place against Darkseid's forces thousands of years ago. They are also joined by the entire Green Lantern Corps. Batman sacrifices his life defeating Darkseid.

But, the real kicker is that it's revealed that Lois's child was actually Bruce's instead of Clark's. Originally, the first Justice League was going to have Bruce fall in love with Lois, who knocked boots with him in her grief, but was still in love with dead Clark. Then Clark comes back to life and Lois finds out she's pregnant and lies about it being Clark's, who we find out at the end knew was Bruce's son all along.

It's....dumb.

Basically, Snyder was riffing further on the whole Excalibur story with Bruce as Lancelot, Lois as Guinevere, and Clark as Arthur but without doing the work of actually establishing Bruce & Clark as best friends before pitting them against each other.

Oh, yeah, so Superman, who had abandoned the whole Clark Kent identity following his death, decides to be Clark again in order to raise their son, Bruce Jr., to be the next Batman.
    Thanks for the summary & that is a lot lol

Quote Originally Posted by Triple J View Post
    Keep in mind this was an initial draft, and scripts do change a lot after initial drafts.
    Reminds me of that initial picture of Wonder Woman holding severed head of some soldier instead of the nice picture of her during WW1 that we got in BvS.

Also, can someone explain the timeline to me a bit, was this written after it was clear that they are not doing MoS 2? And considering that theatrical version of BvS pretty much removed only Superman related material I wonder if it wasn't requested by WB to make it Batman focused.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Sounds like an epic elseworlds you’d find in the 90’s or some niche animated project. “Knightmare.” I think some of those ideas are cool but it’s not suitable for a cinematic universe where these characters are mostly brand new. Deconstructing and subverting and altering before constructing in the first place.

Ultimate Member

You go into this with the mind set that no matter how bad it is because it's about BATMAN-you assume everyone will still support it. Much like we see in comics-where stories no matter how bad seem to stay top sellers because of WHO is on the cover. Heroes in Crisis says HI.

Then the reality check comes that the general public is NOT comic book worshippers that you can bully or guilty trip into supporting stuff.

It seems like snyder fans are the one's spreading it around
    Figures-they got pandered to ONCE and expect it again.

I mean deeply hilarious that the heart and souls of the series, Cyborg, his entire arc is one sentence.
    And this is what Fisher is fighting for?

What good is putting this out and Cyborg is an after thought in this trilogy? At least in this draft.

Yeah it’s honestly sad that Fisher went so hard for Snyder and his vision, and now we see Snyder never gave a damn. The only ones who matter are Batman and Lois, everyone else is superfluous.

The fact that Jim Lee was involved with this and now is the CCO, the guy who is supposed to help with outside media adaptions of DC Characters, sends a chill up my spine. Lee clearly does not understand anyone outside of Batman (and maybe not even that) if he was signing off on this.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

It's....dumb.

Thank you though. All I can say is that he sure loves him some Batgod. Maybe a bit too much, I might say. And....that actually sounds very Snyder to me.