Page 477 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 377427467473474475476477478479480481487527577977 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,155 of 20948
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post
    So either all of you have severe reading comprehension or you just ignored what I said.
    Since I never said they weren't building to the Avengers, I said the most of the connections to the other movies and other characters were kept to post-credit scenes than and let's see that's not false that is primarily what happened back in Phase 1.
    WillieMorgan already laid out that not all of world building and connections were relegated to post credit scenes.
    And it was spread across, what? 5 films before Avengers? It's not like they waited that long.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

So either all of you have severe reading comprehension or you just ignored what I said.
    Since I never said they weren't building to the Avengers, I said the most of the connections to the other movies and other characters were kept to post-credit scenes than and let's see that's not false that is primarily what happened back in Phase 1.
    It's a case of neither of those. You should put your points across better yourself before accusing others of suffering from a reading comprehension problem. You are still wrong also.

The ONLY thing that I listed above from those respective movies that took place during a post credits cut scene was the Nick Fury cameo in Iron Man. All the other universe building elements mentioned above were embedded within the movies themselves. It was Marvel's intentions to connect this movie series from day one and they did so with aplomb. You were trying to imply otherwise and now seem to be back-tracking to save face.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

BANNED

I'm not backtracking because you keep trying to put words in my mouth, I know what I said and what I didn't and I stand by what I said but I'm not gonna sit here and let you tell me what I said, and what I meant, especially when you barely know.
    Last edited by Skullkid; 02-13-2020 at 08:50 AM.

I'm not backtracking because you keep trying to put words in my mouth, I know what I said and what I didn't and I stand by what I said but I'm not gonna sit here and let you tell me what I said, and what I meant, especially when you barely know.
    I'm not trying to do anything other than point out the facts about the early MCU and it's obviously intended, interconnected nature. I think we'll leave it there though. The words onscreen say it all really. Peace.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I liked the parts where HQ gets hit in the face
    If you're going to have a female action protagonist, I think she has take a hit or two. This is one reason why people think Rey is a Mary Sue, because compared to the other SW protags she never gets hurt.

But seriously
    Now that I think about it my biggest complaints are the canary cry to please fans who didn't even watch the movie because BC was awesome without it
    And the costumed team moment at the end
    If it weren't for those 2 you'd actually have a very brave movie without boring CGI action and the whole universe in danger
    The Canary stuff was also poorly eluded too. I think you had to be a fan to catch the hints.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 02-13-2020 at 09:31 AM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    I'm not trying to do anything other than point out the facts about the early MCU and it's obviously intended, interconnected nature. I think we'll leave it there though. The words onscreen say it all really. Peace.
    Yeah, and I was trying to save face.
    Useless.

Yeah, and I was trying to save face.
    Useless.
    Oh, and one final thing. It's not good form to accuse other members of suffering from a reading comprehension problem when you yourself seemingly have very little awareness of how poorly your arguments and posts are coming across to people on an internet forum. Please learn how to read the overall tone and context of threads properly before accusing others of being 'useless'.

This has developed into an argument that your debating skills are faring very badly on. End of discussion.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

I do think this discussion (and especially WillieMorgan's list) has pointed out something: DC and Marvel did their world-building in quite different ways, and not only in the tempo but in the way they did it.

Marvel's world-building was to create interconnecting pieces. We got SHIELD, Phil Coulson, visits to the same places, reference some objects that turns up in another movie. We got to see one piece of a much larger puzzle here, and then get to see the same piece from another direction a little bit later. At the same time, these pieces were clearly often meant as background. We got glimpses of the much richer and larger world around us. I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel had taken a page from Tolkien, and had a huge bible of lore for the movies to draw on, but at the same time kept that bible close to their heart.

One result of that narrative method was that every movie made the world larger, not only in the sense of what it showed, but what it hinted at.

In contrast, the DCEU movies largely used direct references. BvS showed us direct pictures of Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Flash, and they were then centrepieces of coming movies. But the narrative effect of the direct references was that we got to see everything about Wonder Woman when her movie came, and everything about Aquaman in his movie, and so on. Paradoxically, each movie made the world smaller, because all the hinted-at possibilities turned out to be constrained.
    Last edited by kjn; 02-13-2020 at 01:48 PM. Reason: clarity
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Oh, and one final thing. It's not good form to accuse other members of suffering from a reading comprehension problem when you yourself seemingly have very little awareness of how poorly your arguments and posts are coming across to people on an internet forum. Please learn how to read the overall tone and context of threads properly before accusing others of being 'useless'.

This has developed into an argument that your debating skills are faring very badly on. End of discussion.
    AKA you just want to get the last word in after trying to put words in my mouth and ignoring what's said in my posts.
    Doesn't get blatant than this.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I liked the parts where HQ gets hit in the face
    But seriously
    Now that I think about it my biggest complaints are the canary cry to please fans who didn't even watch the movie because BC was awesome without it
    And the costumed team moment at the end
    If it weren't for those 2 you'd actually have a very brave movie without boring CGI action and the whole universe in danger
    I don't understand the problem with the canary cry. Dinah has always been the only member of the OG crew with superpowers. I mean, she's a JSA legacy member and a charter member of the JL. The cry is her calling card and is just a bonus to character.

First look at the new Batman costume.

Last edited by Holt; 02-13-2020 at 04:37 PM.

When they kept focusing on his eyes, I thought they were going to turn white for a second.

It reminds me a lot of the Arkham Knight Batsuit.

I also wonder if that theme in the background is the movies Batman theme?

Can't see enough yet to tell if I'm impressed or not. I don't like the way the bat looks like an afterthought that may or may not be a coincidence... but it's still the best bat symbol on a suit since Keaton left the franchise...

So...can we all agree?

Good: MoS, BvS, WW, AM, Shaz, Joker, BoP

Bad: SS, JL
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut