Page 510 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 104104605005065075085095105115125135145205606101010 ... LastLast
Results 7,636 to 7,650 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    It is staggering the kind of bad luck the DCU has had with casting. They lost Affleck to alcoholism, and Leto to complete douchebaggery. Now it's looking very likely we'll see Amber Heard dropped for her spousal abuse cluster**** with Johnny Depp, and now Miller for going nuts in Iceland of all places.

Gadot's insipid "Imagine" video doesn't seem so bad now, does it?
    I think WB may live and let live. Celebrities' personal drama tends to spill out into the public. There's little a studio can do to control that.
    Disney fired James Gunn and then hired him back as soon as another studio gave him a job.
    Jeremy Renner has also gotten bad press regarding his wife, but he's still Hawkeye.
    Angelina Jolie actively tried to destroy Brad Pitt's reputation and career AND deny him access to his children but there she is in a Marvel movie.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    It really seems like Ezra was under the influence of alcohol or drugs. He needs to apologize asap. If this is the first time this happens and the woman is not hurt, maybe nothing major will happen. Everybody deserves another chance.
    James Gunn was fired from Disney/Marvel for less

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    the key thing to understand is that it has nothing to do with DC films, celebrities are just ridiculous people who do really weird things and more often than not, really bad things
    Gal Gadot's airhead Imagine video killed my intention of watching WW2 in cinemas

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Gal Gadot's airhead Imagine video killed my intention of watching WW2 in cinemas
    Really?!? Yeah it was a bit tone deaf but i don’t understand all this vitriol over a celebrity trying to spread some hope and a “we’re all in this together” vibe during a truly scary time.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

the key thing to understand is that it has nothing to do with DC films, celebrities are just ridiculous people who do really weird things and more often than not, really bad things
    It has everything to do with DC Films because the producers and executives running it are often just as ridiculous, weird and bad.

Remember the head honcho of Warner Bros who insisted Justice League be under 2 hours and refused to delay it in order to let Cavil shave off his mustache, requiring millions of dollars of ridiculous CGI upper lip--all so he could receive a bonus? He was caught shtuping a hilariously untalented actress in exchange for getting cast in WB movies.

The point being. It ain't just the actors. Almost everybody in Hollywood is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Really?!? Yeah it was a bit tone deaf but i don’t understand all this vitriol over a celebrity trying to spread some hope and a “we’re all in this together” vibe during a truly scary time.
    Agreed. It was clueless, but they meant well. It's something worthy of a laugh, but boycotting a movie? That seems a bit extreme.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Gal was innocent for the video but celebrities literally have nothing better to do during these times so it didn't bother me but yeah the DCEU is just all over the place.

Cavill has just simply moved on, Affleck is a whole mess, Heard is in a whole mess, Ezra is a mess, and Ray is just easily forgettable. It's pretty sad.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Yeah, not sure where Variety being unreliable is coming from. They're off sometimes, but Deadline, The Hollywood Reporter and Variety are pretty much the 3 most reputable entertainment outlets. It's not like Bleedingcool or Wevegotthiscovered reporting on something.
    Oy..........

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Lmaoooo good for you. I’m done with the elite class after what I’ve seen during this pandemic. The rich can burn and Hollywood with them.

BANNED

It has everything to do with DC Films because the producers and executives running it are often just as ridiculous, weird and bad.

Remember the head honcho of Warner Bros who insisted Justice League be under 2 hours and refused to delay it in order to let Cavil shave off his mustache, requiring millions of dollars of ridiculous CGI upper lip--all so he could receive a bonus? He was caught shtuping a hilariously untalented actress in exchange for getting cast in WB movies.

The point being. It ain't just the actors. Almost everybody in Hollywood is crazy.
    Right... but that has nothing to do with DC films. Or, it does as much as any other film. Hollywood/the rich are absolute lunatics. It’s universal for anybody among that class of people.

Leto is unlikely to come back at this point either.
    Well this isn't helping him any.

https://www.rawmusictv.com/article/2...ll-him-Prophet

https://www.thecut.com/2020/03/jared...t-retreat.html

Right... but that has nothing to do with DC films. Or, it does as much as any other film. Hollywood/the rich are absolute lunatics. It’s universal for anybody among that class of people.
    Agreed. Every industry with that much cash being thrown around is full of crazies. Wallstreet, Silicon Valley and Hollywood are not all that dissimilar.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Just cast Jessica Chastain as Mera and start rolling cameras. She's more age appropriate anyway, and a better actress.

AQUAMAN 2, let's go.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Agreed. It was clueless, but they meant well. It's something worthy of a laugh, but boycotting a movie? That seems a bit extreme.
    Lmaoooo good for you. I’m done with the elite class after what I’ve seen during this pandemic. The rich can burn and Hollywood with them.
    I am a huge against social media person and its time consuming mediocricity. Seeing Gal Gadot following along stupidly while promoting the last movie as accomplishment of feminism...
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 04-07-2020 at 09:48 AM.

So let's just clarify how this discussion started; Actor gets into a bar fight ---> "The DCEU is finished!"
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut