Page 991 of 1115 FirstFirst ... 491891941981987988989990991992993994995100110411091 ... LastLast
Results 14,851 to 14,865 of 16719
  1. #14851
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    16,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Maybe it's because I didn't read Burnside Batgirl but what is particularly egregious about that suit?

    It just looks like an update of the 60s show version with a black cowl.
    People hate Burnside Batgirl for how it made Babs much more immature and kind of an asshole.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  2. #14852
    Ultimate Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    10,063

    Default

    I think she looks really good. Burnside is a nice Year One look. Could definitely see that as something she came up with to start her career as Batgirl. Bruce could later give her a more high tech suit.

  3. #14853
    Extraordinary Member Holt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,079

    Default

    I like.


  4. #14854
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,594

    Default

    I like how it's a helmet design and not one that goes around the chin.

    I wonder if they will darken it up a bit in the film. The yellow/gold is pretty garish

  5. #14855
    Extraordinary Member Holt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,079

    Default

    Also I'm kinda surprised anyone is surprised about them using the Burnside look. It's easily the most recognizable look Babs has had in decades, and is practically tailor made for an origin story where she's starting off on her own.

    But then maybe I'm just happy because I was dreading them using the Murphy costume.

  6. #14856
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    7,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    And the nightmare that is Burnside continues...

    Cowl looks coo and her cheekbones is assisting the look.
    Itís never going away
    Never

  7. #14857
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,691

    Default

    As a starter costume. I like it.

  8. #14858
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    85,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Maybe it's because I didn't read Burnside Batgirl but what is particularly egregious about that suit?

    It just looks like an update of the 60s show version with a black cowl.
    It makes her look like a rookie dressing in cosplay.

    Which, admittedly, she is a rookie here, but in the context of when it was debuted they were trying to spin an experienced Batgirl as wearing it as her main, official, costume.
    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I like it, i guess the leather kinda makes it look like a CW suit from the early 2010s but then again so did the burnside suit. And i guess the simplicity has its charm, wouldn't be surprised if by the end she has a more traditional/expensive looking suit as is the current trend.
    It would be nice if they end it with Bruce giving her a more official costume.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Also I'm kinda surprised anyone is surprised about them using the Burnside look. It's easily the most recognizable look Babs has had in decades, and is practically tailor made for an origin story where she's starting off on her own.

    But then maybe I'm just happy because I was dreading them using the Murphy costume.
    As long as it doesn't stick around. It wore out it welcomes in the comics after Babs Tarr stopped drawing it.

    I was hoping for something like Arkham Knight:


  9. #14859
    Extraordinary Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    8,769

    Default

    Very indifferent to the Burnside costume. Never bothered me but never stood out to me either.

  10. #14860
    Extraordinary Member Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,053

    Default

    I actually like the Burnside design, but I don't think it translated well. They made it too shiny and the proportions seem off.
    The only thing I like is the cowl, it really does fit her face (even if there's no way she wouldn't be recognized in it).

  11. #14861

    Default

    The Burnside suit works better in live action than it does on a comic book page. I don't mind this being the look for a young Barbara Gordon who is just starting out. It only bugs me in the comics because writers can't make up their minds on how long Babs have been at it and how much of her pre-nu 52 history counts. I also don't mind the film taking a more mature route. Babs is supposed to be a mature character and I hate how in Batgirl: YO and Burnside they try to turn her into a cutesy dainty little thing.

  12. #14862
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    11,010

    Default

    Her cheekbones are carrying the entire look. I think substituting the yellow in the Burnside costume for the gold was not a good choice, though it does seem reminiscent of Yvonne Craig's costume.

  13. #14863
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Where The Food Is.
    Posts
    1,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The Burnside suit works better in live action than it does on a comic book page. I don't mind this being the look for a young Barbara Gordon who is just starting out. It only bugs me in the comics because writers can't make up their minds on how long Babs have been at it and how much of her pre-nu 52 history counts. I also don't mind the film taking a more mature route. Babs is supposed to be a mature character and I hate how in Batgirl: YO and Burnside they try to turn her into a cutesy dainty little thing.
    Agreed on all accounts.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

    - Charles Schultz.

  14. #14864
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    85,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The Burnside suit works better in live action than it does on a comic book page. I don't mind this being the look for a young Barbara Gordon who is just starting out. It only bugs me in the comics because writers can't make up their minds on how long Babs have been at it and how much of her pre-nu 52 history counts. I also don't mind the film taking a more mature route. Babs is supposed to be a mature character and I hate how in Batgirl: YO and Burnside they try to turn her into a cutesy dainty little thing.
    She was very much not a "cutesy dainty little thing" in Year One. At least in personality, because she didn't take @$%^ from anyone and was fairly aggressive.

    Leslie Grace actually quoted Year One in her instagram post so it definitely seems like they're melding together a bunch of elements from Babs' different comic book runs/eras into one film.

  15. #14865
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    11,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She was very much not a "cutesy dainty little thing" in Year One. At least in personality, because she didn't take @$%^ from anyone and was fairly aggressive.

    Leslie Grace actually quoted Year One in her instagram post so it definitely seems like they're melding together a bunch of elements from Babs' different comic book runs/eras into one film.
    Yes, Year One is a pretty good origin story and did a great job highlighting what made Barbara tick. And honestly, I think Babs deserved her lighter Burnside break as well. The Simone run had been too dark (which Gail revealed was editorial mandated) so both the character and her readers needed something fluffier and less depressing to recuperate with. Burnside served its purpose at the time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •