Page 958 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 45885890894895495595695795895996096196296810081058 ... LastLast
Results 14,356 to 14,370 of 20948

Eternals is essentially the Incredible Hulk of Phase Four. Modest commercial hit(I think it's too far to call it a legit flop) that some people liked but overall seen as a polarizing entry in the franchise, though the question remains if it would've done better without a pandemic. What annoys me is that if New Gods was still in development, WB would've likely made a rather predictable decision after seeing Eternals' overall performance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Lmao that is a gross exaggeration. The writing around that whole thing was incredibly weak and didn't even make sense and the film didn't even bother to explain it properly before moving on.

Just because it was the first film to dabble in the multiverse doesn't mean they did it well. DC can absolutely outshine NWH when it comes to the multiverse concept.

Also are you really comparing a limited streaming series with a movie budget to a network tv series that had to run for seasons?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Between Spider-Man No Way Home taking advantage of the Multiverse so well and Hawkeye making CW's Arrow look like the bargain basement Dark Knight knock-off it remained stuck as, Marvel Studios continues to make DC Films look like RC Cola.

And I say this as a DCU Uber-Fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I havent seen that many who are exactly excited to have multiple Ezra Millers in 1 movie and he's the central character lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Flash is going to get wrecked, that’s my prediction.

Do I dare say I am surprised by the Flash/No Way home comparison or how some are already predicting Flash will not measure up to No Way Home.

First of all, I am not the biggest fan of Ezra Miller. I find him annoying. Its ironic with both Ezra and Tom Holland. Holland, I find too childish as Spiderman and Ezra quite annoying as Flash. So neither actors were going to be driving me to cinema to see their comic films, however there is a catch. The Multiverse concept is now the new fad for comic book movies and DC and Marvel are taking shots at it.

As somone who has seen No Way Home twice, I can say on paper, DC should be able to top the film but this is on paper, because when it comes to actual execution DC is pretty 50/50 that it could go anyway. good and bad, while Marvel has an only one arrow way, making an action comedy fun comic film.

What No Way Home did was take the MCU formula and remix it with sony movies, however No Way Home is still your standard MCU film . the appeal of the film is the multiverse, which i cant spoil here of which Spiderman character make the multiverse, however Flash can push the multverse concept much further than no way home.

What flash needs to do is try and take two other comic films like Days of Future Past and Into the Spiderverse and merge them together and Flashpoint will be a much superior film to No Way Home. I dont know if the synopsis has been released but the original Flashpoint had time travel also, so that is some area the movie can really use to its benefits.

Additionally Flashpoint can also up DC film making further than what Aquaman or Joker did, because No Way Home does not have that advantage. No Way Home pretty much sticks to the MCU status quo of cooperate film making. Flash been made by WB can excel better with things like VFX, Cinemathogprhay, Sound mixing and even screenplay because to be honest, Marvel screenplay can lack a lot of heaviness and gravitas. There is nothing about No Way Home that Flash should find hard to catch up with.

The ball here is in Flash and DC court, I hope WB plays it well to hit a goal post.
    Last edited by Castle; 12-22-2021 at 06:43 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The Warner Bros. UK 2022 Movie Preview: https://www.warnerbros.co.uk/news/ar...-movie-preview

Worth noting Barry Keoghan confirmed for The Batman, and Michael Shannon and Antje Traue among The Flash cast as hinted some time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The Warner Bros. UK 2022 Movie Preview: https://www.warnerbros.co.uk/news/ar...-movie-preview

Worth noting Barry Keoghan confirmed for The Batman, and Michael Shannon and Antje Traue among The Flash cast as hinted some time ago.
    Does Barry travel to an earth where Zod and Faora won?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Does Barry travel to an earth where Zod and Faora won?!?
    My guess is that traveling back in time to prevent his mother's dead will create a different timeline where his mom is alive, Barry himself never become Flash (the alt. Barry from the teaser) and other major DCEU events happened differently, like Zod and Faora winning and SM being dead or something.

So...this is Flashpoint, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So...this is Flashpoint, right?
    Flashpoint + multiversal trip.

I dunno how the multiverse will play into the movie. Perhaps, Barry and alt. Barry could travel the multiverse to ask help to other heroes (Keaton BM and other random actors from DC's past) to fight Zod and co. because in his new timeline, JLers are all dead or disappeared.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Having Shannon in there piques my interest.

Seems like he is sticking around in a Nick Fury-like capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    My guess is that traveling back in time to prevent his mother's dead will create a different timeline where his mom is alive, Barry himself never become Flash (the alt. Barry from the teaser) and other major DCEU events happened differently, like Zod and Faora winning and SM being dead or something.
    Unless Barry's mom was some kind of nexus being, how does saving his mom result in the Zod and Faora winning and Batfleck turning into Keaton Bats ?

My bet is on either:

-the decaoninze all the Snyder films + Whedon League. Then, have the first two Reeves movies, the two Keaton movies plus the WW, Aquaman and Shazam movies having all happened in the same timeline but spaced apart with Supergirl serving as the daughter/granddaughter of Reeves Superman.

-they kill off Bataffleck and Cavill Superman either 'disappears' or dies. So Keaton's Batman decides to step in because 'the world needs a Batman' and the new Supergirl decides to fill in for Superman.

It'll be nice to see a Batman mentor Batgirl.

Ultimate Member

Thirty years later, and we’re getting the return of Keaton as Bruce.

Wild times.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Unless Barry's mom was some kind of nexus being, how does saving his mom result in the Zod and Faora winning and Batfleck turning into Keaton Bats ?

My bet is on either:

-the decaoninze all the Snyder films + Whedon League. Then, have the first two Reeves movies, the two Keaton movies plus the WW, Aquaman and Shazam movies having all happened in the same timeline but spaced apart with Supergirl serving as the daughter/granddaughter of Reeves Superman.

-they kill off Bataffleck and Cavill Superman either 'disappears' or dies. So Keaton's Batman decides to step in because 'the world needs a Batman' and the new Supergirl decides to fill in for Superman.
    The first option seems way too confusing for casual audiences, making up a new connected timeline that was never experienced in any meaningful way. The latter seems more likely.

I think Keaton stepping in after Batfleck dies/gets erased from history is precisely what's gonna happen. And then Batgirl will deal with him training a replacement or something.