Page 678 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1785786286686746756766776786796806816826887287781178 ... LastLast
Results 10,156 to 10,170 of 20948

Surprising that Johns isn't being blamed for this or at least I haven't seen that he has. You'd think the boogeyman of the DCEU being involved in this would instantly make him the main culprit for the mediocre reception.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Jenkins is not a good director
    Oh God almighty, enough with this. Jenkins has made a lot of great movies.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-28-2020 at 10:20 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Surprising that Johns isn't being blamed for this or at least I haven't seen that he has. You'd think the boogeyman of the DCEU being involved in this would instantly make him the main culprit for the mediocre reception.
    He is in certain circles.

I wouldn't want him to come back as the screen writer for the third film, but Jenkins had most of the control for this so I still don't think Johns should be made out as being the most responsible party for any shortcomings.

Since he didn't have any control over the production side of things, outside of co-writing a mediocre script what else can be blamed on him. He's as much to blame for this as Jonathan Nolan was for The Dark Knight Rises. Ironic if those same people are not blaming it on Hamada instead who has been in charge of the DCEU for a couple of years now the way blamed everything on Johns when he was in that position.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Since he didn't have any control over the production side of things, outside of co-writing a mediocre script what else can be blamed on him. He's as much to blame for this as Jonathan Nolan was for The Dark Knight Rises. Ironic if those same people are not blaming it on Hamada instead who has been in charge of the DCEU for a couple of years now the way blamed everything on Johns when he was in that position.
    Not much really can or should be. Like I said most of the blame belongs to Patty Jenkins I think as she seems to have had free reign to call the shots (even then, some of the backlash is going to be overblown).

Won't prevent certain people from blaming him though. Can't wait for the Snyder cut to come out and if it gets a poor reception for it to somehow still be Johns' fault

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Not much really can or should be. Like I said most of the blame belongs to Patty Jenkins I think as she seems to have had free reign to call the shots (even then, some of the backlash is going to be overblown).

Won't prevent certain people from blaming him though. Can't wait for the Snyder cut to come out and if it gets a poor reception for it to somehow still be Johns' fault
    Nah they’ll just blame “bloggers” and say people simply weren’t smart enough for Snyder’s indie art film.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Jenkins is not a good director and Superman clearly isn't in Wan's wheelhouse.

Superman is finished, I think the sooner fans realise that the better, if he gets a new solo regardless of who is in charge it won't do well. That is just the reality, otherwise he would've been number 1 priority and evidently he isn't and that is for a reason...
    If Abrams is getting the job he can probably put out a solid blockbuster flick like Wan’s Aquaman. I’m not after art here. Your logic is pretty off because I could also say that a JL film can’t work either since the last one bombed even harder critically and commercially. Or the ASM movies being flops meant Spider-Man is done. Or WW1984 not being acclaimed as the first one means Diana is done too. Or Thor 1 and 2 being crap means Ragnarok couldn’t have been a good movie. Or that Batman and Superman can’t team up because BvS was a complete dumpster fire.

It’s not the characters faults WB is so incompetent. I want another GL movie, just because the last one was trash doesn’t mean it can’t be done.

The idea that because Zack Snyder couldn’t do it, no one can, is dumb. Sorry man we fans of these characters are going to keep asking for better treatment, the sooner you accept that the happier you’ll be.
    Last edited by Vordan; 12-28-2020 at 12:33 PM.

Astonishing Member

Oh he is. Setting aside the more legitimate arguments about his actual skill as a scriptwriter, it ranges from the SnyderCut canard of “hurr sure Johns sabotaging DCEU to help Feige” to “Centrist Scumbaggery” of the twitterati to the mire bizarre ones

The usual culprits on Twitter are blaming him. The Snyder fanbase went from claiming Snyder was very hands on with WW1984 pre release to trying to say Snyder had nothing to do with it pretty quickly once it got more divisive reviews, and instead are blaming Johns. Johns bears the blame for the tepid script but this is Jenkins movie. All the glory or shame belongs to her, same as the first movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    Might end up being similar to Aquaman. People online bash it ferociously but the general audience enjoys it.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

I haven't agreed with everything Johns has done but I don't put a lot of blame for WW84 on him. The story was the biggest issue with the movie. Say what you will about his ideas but the guy knows story structure. Unfortunately I think the majority of the blame falls on Jenkins as she said she was given a lot of freedom on the film.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Oh he is. Setting aside the more legitimate arguments about his actual skill as a scriptwriter, it ranges from the SnyderCut canard of “hurr sure Johns sabotaging DCEU to help Feige” to “Centrist Scumbaggery” of the twitterati to the mire bizarre ones
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The usual culprits on Twitter are blaming him. The Snyder fanbase went from claiming Snyder was very hands on with WW1984 pre release to trying to say Snyder had nothing to do with it pretty quickly once it got more divisive reviews, and instead are blaming Johns. Johns bears the blame for the tepid script but this is Jenkins movie. All the glory or shame belongs to her, same as the first movie.
    Guess I spoke too soon. Unsurprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Might end up being similar to Aquaman. People online bash it ferociously but the general audience enjoys it.
    So should we count it as a "win" then?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I haven't agreed with everything Johns has done but I don't put a lot of blame for WW84 on him. The story was the biggest issue with the movie. Say what you will about his ideas but the guy knows story structure. Unfortunately I think the majority of the blame falls on Jenkins as she said she was given a lot of freedom on the film.
    I actually start to think that the flaws and awkward moments from the first movie (Dr Poison and the evil General giggling as little kids after throwing a broken glass mask into the room with the poison gas; Ares' horrible moustache; Wonder Woman stopping war by killing Ares after an entire movie in which they suggest that war is men's responsibility and not gods', etcetera) depend mostly on Jenkins' contribution. There are some eerie similarities between what doesn't work in the first movie and what doesn't work in the second one (with one main difference - the first movie is flawed whereas the second is a complete and utter mess).
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Extraordinary Member

Or the ASM movies being flops meant Spider-Man is done.
    They were not flops but they were disappointments when it came to box office like man of steel and bvs.

Or Thor 1 and 2 being crap
    Most critics and audiences would disagree with this looking at box office and critic and audience scores.
    Last edited by mace11; 01-09-2021 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    I actually start to think that the flaws and awkward moments from the first movie (Dr Poison and the evil General giggling as little kids after throwing a broken glass mask into the room with the poison gas; Ares' horrible moustache; Wonder Woman stopping war by killing Ares after an entire movie in which they suggest that war is men's responsibility and not gods', etcetera) depend mostly on Jenkins' contribution. There are some eerie similarities between what doesn't work in the first movie and what doesn't work in the second one (with one main difference - the first movie is flawed whereas the second is a complete and utter mess).
    She didn't though? She just stopped Ares from making it worse.