Page 547 of 834 FirstFirst ... 47447497537543544545546547548549550551557597647 ... LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,205 of 12504
  1. #8191
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    67,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post


    Oh shit.
    Okay, now his opinion on Whedon makes a lot more sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Whedon was definitely the wrong person to put in charge of JL and you definitely did not need to see how terrible his version of Batman was to find Johns fingerprints all over it.
    Its funny how a decade ago Whedon could do no wrong and now he's viewed as a pariah
    What a difference 10 years makes
    Aside from one continuity issue what was the problem with Batman?

  2. #8192
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    4,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adamTPTK View Post
    No MCU movie has cinematography or choreography as good as Aquaman. Only Winter Soldier and Civil War have worthy choreography. The color pallet is certainly closer to Avatar than to MCU.
    I disagree.

  3. #8193

    Default

    Kinda need to know the specifics, but the word abusive is definitely troubling. That suggest behavior that goes past just being overly demanding or being a dick on set (hard to see it being worse than what Jared Leto did)
    Regardless the behind the scenes drama for this clusterfuck is way more intriguing than either version of the movie.

  4. #8194
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    iím really glad this is coming out, and Iím really tired of all the white dudes online who feel eager to silence a black manís story they know absolutely nothing about, just because they donít support the SC
    It has nothing to do with supporting the SC.

    It's a question of what took so long for Ray to say this?

    Because I can tell how it will get spinned-Ray is bitter because his footage got cut and there is no Cyborg movie.

    And throwing Johns under the bus is not going to help him either.


    So now that it is out-what next???

    Because it REALLY looks bad that the main person screwed over from Justice League happens to be the BLACK guy.

    To go along with all the mess Riverdale is dealing with about black folks.

    Folks are going to start asking quesstions and some heads are going to be rolling.

    Johns being one of them wouldn't shock me.

  5. #8195
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Kinda need to know the specifics, but the word abusive is definitely troubling. That suggest behavior that goes past just being overly demanding or being a dick on set (hard to see it being worse than what Jared Leto did)
    Regardless the behind the scenes drama for this clusterfuck is way more intriguing than either version of the movie.
    If it's anything like The Fantastic Four behind the scenes mess-we might now see Wheldon for awhile like Track has vanished.

  6. #8196
    Astonishing Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It has nothing to do with supporting the SC.

    It's a question of what took so long for Ray to say this?

    Because I can tell how it will get spinned-Ray is bitter because his footage got cut and there is no Cyborg movie.

    And throwing Johns under the bus is not going to help him either.
    Power dynamics and conditioning count for a lot. We have seen it again and again with #MeToo that it often takes time to realise that you've been the victim of abuse, or to work up the courage to say something about it. I have no doubt that victims of racism suffer from this just as victims of misogyny.

    Or it could simply be that Ray Fisher decided that he had nothing to lose by burning some bridges in Hollywood.

    Now Fisher might be wrong or right about this. But I wouldn't be surprised if more actors speak up about Joss Whedon in the coming days.
    ęSpeaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given outĽ (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

  7. #8197
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I disagree.
    Well, present your case.

  8. #8198
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Where The Food Is.
    Posts
    1,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If it's anything like The Fantastic Four behind the scenes mess-we might now see Wheldon for awhile like Track has vanished.
    Nah, Whedon hasn’t done anything to self-immolate his career like Trank did with his infamous tweet on the eve of that movie’s release. Not to mention, that Whedon was a much higher profile director who had already done two big Marvel movies. Unless more details about Whedon’s time on the JL reshoots come out that have anything to do with racial harassment or sexual harassment then Whedon is essentially free from “directors jail.” If the first Avengers had been panned by critics and Whedon on the opening weekend of the movie, impulsively sent out a tweet disowning the movie then yeah Whedon’s career would’ve have died then and there.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 07-01-2020 at 11:23 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

    - Charles Schultz.

  9. #8199
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    67,086

    Default

    I get the sense that Whedon taking over was a very stressful and compromising period for everyone involved.

  10. #8200
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valentonis View Post
    I'm curious what you mean by this. I've never read a Johns written Batman, was JL Batman similar?
    Johns is only considered a "bad" Batman writer because he doesn't feel the need to kiss his ass like a lot of other writers do. And I say that as someone who isn't that much of a Johns fan.

  11. #8201
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Where The Food Is.
    Posts
    1,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I get the sense that Whedon taking over was a very stressful and compromising period for everyone involved.
    Whedon likely under a lot of pressure by Warners to “fix” the movie in time for its release. That alone can be stressful and put someone in a pretty bad move, especially when you’re inheriting a movie that wasn’t yours to begin with.

    It must’ve been frustrating for Whedon, maybe even more so than his working on Age Of Ultron.


    I think Affleck’s frustration on working on the reshoots with Whedon greatly contributed to his ultimate decision to leave the role.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

    - Charles Schultz.

  12. #8202
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sesame Street
    Posts
    2,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It has nothing to do with supporting the SC.

    It's a question of what took so long for Ray to say this?

    Because I can tell how it will get spinned-Ray is bitter because his footage got cut and there is no Cyborg movie.

    And throwing Johns under the bus is not going to help him either.


    So now that it is out-what next???

    Because it REALLY looks bad that the main person screwed over from Justice League happens to be the BLACK guy.

    To go along with all the mess Riverdale is dealing with about black folks.

    Folks are going to start asking quesstions and some heads are going to be rolling.

    Johns being one of them wouldn't shock me.
    do you have any concept of how NDAs work

    please tell me how and why it ďlooks badĒ

    why should it bother Ray that people ask questions. thatís what he wants

    he had a bad experience and he is sharing it. who are you to pass judgement on that? you didnít work on the movie, with Joss Whedon, and he did, so he has every right to do so, whenever he wants. again, thereís no reason to be tone policing a black manís experience

  13. #8203
    Astonishing Member Nite-Wing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Nah, Whedon hasn’t done anything to self-immolate his career like Trank did with his infamous tweet on the eve of that movie’s release. Not to mention, that Whedon was a much higher profile director who had already done two big Marvel movies. Unless more details about Whedon’s time on the JL reshoots come out that have anything to do with racial harassment or sexual harassment then Whedon is essentially free from “directors jail.” If the first Avengers had been panned by critics and Whedon on the opening weekend of the movie, impulsively sent out a tweet disowning the movie then yeah Whedon’s career would’ve have died then and there.
    Whedon is in directors jail for a whole other reason
    If he crossed the line again on set I don't see him coming back to do another big budget movie with that baggage

    So far the only thing I know that Whedon was definitely behind was the WW boobs gag that Gal Gadot didn't want to film since her stunt double did go on record about that. If there's a more abusive story behind why she didn't want to film that scene then I think there's more blame to go around.

  14. #8204
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    10,531

    Default

    Berg and Johns’s heads already rolled for JL.

  15. #8205
    Incredible Member Castling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Johns is only considered a "bad" Batman writer because he doesn't feel the need to kiss his ass like a lot of other writers do. And I say that as someone who isn't that much of a Johns fan.
    Geoff Johns's Batman: Earth 1 is some of the best Batman I've ever read.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •