Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Yes I agree it should be exciting...but its not. It is the same thing we got at the end of Shazam.
    Contextually? It’s not. The Shazam cameo was them trying to get an appearance from Cavill and him saying no at the last minute. Dwayne Johnson meanwhile has not shut the **** up about wanting to fight Superman. If he legit got a post credit teasing a showdown with Superman then he actually has the pull to make it happen, just likely with a new actor. Something Flash would possibly give them an out on anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Contextually? It’s not. The Shazam cameo was them trying to get an appearance from Cavill and him saying no at the last minute. Dwayne Johnson meanwhile has not shut the **** up about wanting to fight Superman. If he legit got a post credit teasing a showdown with Superman then he actually has the pull to make it happen, just likely with a new actor. Something Flash would possibly give them an out on anyway.
    With a build up of what? A headless Superman cameo, maybe a 2-3 year film production. By then lets say 2-3 years a new movie. The Rock can want all he wants and try to build up some massive movie but we all know how Superman vs Batman turned out.

Unless DC somehow gives us a new Superman with The Flash movie or another film shortly after (which they will not do)...this Shazam vs Superman film will be nothing but a joke. The actor for Superman would have to be a bigger actor than The Rock (Which Dwayne wont let happen because he loves himself) for the film to bring in all these viewers. Remember outside of the comic fan world most people do not even know who Black Adam is. Heck the Black Adam movie (which I am looking forward to) just looks like The Rock playing some bad guy in a black Shazam outfit.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

With a build up of what? A headless Superman cameo, maybe a 2-3 year film production. By then lets say 2-3 years a new movie.
    Yah. You really don’t need “build up” in multiple flicks. It’s a simple sequel tease.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMT16DMRJWs

That link above is like 5 years old. I remember watching it. Green Arrow. We need a film. It needs to star Charlie Hunnam. He is the perfect actor to play Green Arrow/Oliver Queen. Especially the Oliver Queen part. It is a dream of mine. Hunnam is a very good actor, he looks exactly like GA/Queen and walks and talks with swag. Its a match made in heaven.

Give the link a listen. Let me know what you think. (I post about this in the Green Arrow thread a good amount as well).
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Hoping for a Green Arrow tease in the Black Canary movie when/if it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    ViewerAnon is backing up the original KC Walsh report that it’s a Superman/Waller meeting

Hell they already gave Krypto to the Rock, maybe they’ll just toss the rest of the Super-Franchise over to him. His production company wants to do a Kingdom Come movie too at some point.
    Shazam's world seems to be the cornerstone where seemless expansion of the DCEU is happening (Black Adam/JSA) and he still can't get any respect! Why is Superman being set up to fight his villain? You would think Adam would be a little more preoccupied with the group of people wearing the Shazam symbol!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMT16DMRJWs

That link above is like 5 years old. I remember watching it. Green Arrow. We need a film. It needs to star Charlie Hunnam. He is the perfect actor to play Green Arrow/Oliver Queen. Especially the Oliver Queen part. It is a dream of mine. Hunnam is a very good actor, he looks exactly like GA/Queen and walks and talks with swag. Its a match made in heaven.

Give the link a listen. Let me know what you think. (I post about this in the Green Arrow thread a good amount as well).
    Word is they're eyeing Austin Butler for the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Don't worry, Cavill or not, Superman will have a face in Black Adam 2 and the Supergirl movie.
    Personally, I think Tyler Hoechlin has earned a promotion. Let him be the new DCEU Superman.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Shazam's world seems to be the cornerstone where seemless expansion of the DCEU is happening (Black Adam/JSA) and he still can't get any respect! Why is Superman being set up to fight his villain? You would think Adam would be a little more preoccupied with the group of people wearing the Shazam symbol!
    I guess Black Adam will fight Billy in Shazam 3. The franchise was split in 2, so they'll have separate stories before clashing.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Batgirl had a screening yesterday:

"Anyone who said BATGIRL got overwhelmingly positive reactions is lying. I’ve been told by quite a few people that the audience left with mixed reactions and I’ve talked to people who liked it and people who didn’t. But don’t worry, this is exactly what test screenings are for."
    https://twitter.com/bigscreenleaks/s...40797257695235

"Mixed to positive from what we were told."
    https://twitter.com/BatgirlFilm/stat...24746851426304

"I will say I heard lots of audience members were confused when Mr. Keaton appeared.

You need to consider most people who see test screenings aren't fans. They might know a FLASH movie is coming but have no idea what it's about. So it's one of those funny test screening quirks, basically showing an audience a TV show out of order."
    https://twitter.com/ViewerAnon/statu...38312090456069

Little spoiler from the screening for the Batman Returns fans: spoilers:
    Michelle Pfeiffer is the canon Catwoman, her cowl is shown in the movie
    end of spoilers

There are no cameos. Outside of BatKeaton if you count him.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-30-2022 at 10:01 AM.

Personally, I think Tyler Hoechlin has earned a promotion. Let him be the new DCEU Superman.
    Co-signed. Tyler is wonderful in the role.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Word is they're eyeing Austin Butler for the role.
    Elvis?! I am not even sure what to say....

Elvis?! I am not even sure what to say....
    Good actor potentially playing a good character. What more needs to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Good actor potentially playing a good character. What more needs to be said.
    I have not seen the Elvis movie yet. I have heard its wonderful and he does a great job.

He looks like Elvis though. Not Oliver Queen.

Now I just looked up many pictures of him with blonde hair. OK I can see it...a little...not much.

Ya never know though.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Batgirl had a screening yesterday:

"Anyone who said BATGIRL got overwhelmingly positive reactions is lying. I’ve been told by quite a few people that the audience left with mixed reactions and I’ve talked to people who liked it and people who didn’t. But don’t worry, this is exactly what test screenings are for."
    https://twitter.com/bigscreenleaks/s...40797257695235

"Mixed to positive from what we were told."
    https://twitter.com/BatgirlFilm/stat...24746851426304

"I will say I heard lots of audience members were confused when Mr. Keaton appeared.

You need to consider most people who see test screenings aren't fans. They might know a FLASH movie is coming but have no idea what it's about. So it's one of those funny test screening quirks, basically showing an audience a TV show out of order."
    https://twitter.com/ViewerAnon/statu...38312090456069

Little spoiler from the screening for the Batman Returns fans: spoilers:
    Michelle Pfeiffer is the canon Catwoman, her cowl is shown in the movie
    end of spoilers

There are no cameos. Outside of BatKeaton if you count him.
    I'm surprised the reception is more mixed while Flash was more overwhelmingly positive. I was expecting the opposite.