Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm surprised the reception is more mixed while Flash was more overwhelmingly positive. I was expecting the opposite.
    Some of the people who saw Batgirl didn’t see Flash and likely are wondering what the hell Keaton is doing there. And we really have no clue how the general audience will react to the Flash.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I’m a bit shocked at some of the responses. Headless or no, if there is a Superman post credits cameo then that would strongly indicate they do have plans for the character to return. It just won’t be Cavill in the suit.
    Yeah, but if the plans are just to have Johnson's Black Adam whoop his ass rather than giving him his own movie, I'd kinda rather they just remove him from the continuity after all. Superman doesn't need to be a punching bag.

But! Zaslav just took the reigns and wants to better utilize the Superman IP or whatever, so maybe he'll nix the whole Black Adam's whipping boy nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Co-signed. Tyler is wonderful in the role.
    Eh, he's tv good, but I really wouldn't want him to be the movie version. Like he's hella likeable, but he seems kinda small stature for modern superhero cinema.

I guess I don't really see this distinction between "TV" actors and "movie" actors. It all comes down to the writing, direction, and actual acting skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Yeah, but if the plans are just to have Johnson's Black Adam whoop his ass rather than giving him his own movie, I'd kinda rather they just remove him from the continuity after all. Superman doesn't need to be a punching bag.

But! Zaslav just took the reigns and wants to better utilize the Superman IP or whatever, so maybe he'll nix the whole Black Adam's whipping boy nonsense.
    Doesn’t the rock have something in his contract that says he can only take a certain amount of hits on screen?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Superman doesn't need to be a punching bag.
    Exactly!!!!!
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Doesn’t the rock have something in his contract that says he can only take a certain amount of hits on screen?
    I really don't know what his contract says, but if true that is just more reason why I don't want him going against Superman. I love Superman.

That's probably his WWE contract...lol

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    That's probably his WWE contract...lol
    Is there a difference ?

Exact opposite, most likely. If they’ve included that tag in Black Adam then it would seemingly indicate they’ve reversed course on erasing Superman at the end of Flash. We will likely be getting a recast.

Exact opposite, most likely. If they’ve included that tag in Black Adam then it would seemingly indicate they’ve reversed course on erasing Superman at the end of Flash. We will likely be getting a recast.
    But why recast him? I thought Cavill has said he would come back. We know Affleck is back and will do more films from what I have heard. If the Flash is that good and brings in $$$$ WB will turn their heads and forget what is going on with Ezra. We are getting a Wonder Woman 3 movie. We are getting a Aquaman 2 movie.

I know some people "HATE" the Snyderverse. I am kind of one of those people. I was not a fan of the original and I was not that blown away by the Snyder cut like many on here. I just dont know if you need to throw out all these actors that are already there. Like the only one who is not attached to anything is Cavill. So if it is just him and he does not want any part of the DCEU then ok recast him. If he still wants in though I say use him.

Goodbye Cyborg. Too much drama. Also Cyborg should have never been part of the Justice League. Movies and comics.
    I hate what the New 52 did with him.
    Last edited by InfamousBG; 07-01-2022 at 04:27 AM.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    But why recast him? I thought Cavill has said he would come back. We know Affleck is back and will do more films from what I have heard. If the Flash is that good and brings in $$$$ WB will turn their heads and forget what is going on with Ezra. We are getting a Wonder Woman 3 movie. We are getting a Aquaman 2 movie.

I know some people "HATE" the Snyderverse. I am kind of one of those people. I was not a fan of the original and I was not that blown away by the Snyder cut like many on here. I just dont know if you need to throw out all these actors that are already there. Like the only one who is not attached to anything is Cavill. So if it is just him and he does not want any part of the DCEU then ok recast him. If he still wants in though I say use him.

Goodbye Cyborg. Too much drama. Also Cyborg should have never been part of the Justice League. Movies and comics.
    No. Affleck made it clear that Flash is going to be his swan song as Batman and that he’s ready to move on with his life. He’s being replaced by Keaton. And yeah Cyborg is definitely getting buried going forward. Damn shame that all his potential went to waste.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

No. Affleck made it clear that Flash is going to be his swan song as Batman and that he’s ready to move on with his life. He’s being replaced by Keaton. And yeah Cyborg is definitely getting buried going forward. Damn shame that all his potential went to waste.
    See I dont have a link or even a source but a few on here were saying the other day that they heard that Affleck will be in other movies. If not that is ok.

I just hope they dont ruin Keaton after all this time.

Not really the opposite at all though? I said I'd rather not have him at all than have him get his butt kicked, which is still true - and I said that Zaslav might nix the whole "Superman getting his ass kicked by Black Adam" thing, which he might do. I never said that Supes was done with DC or that they wouldn't recast, so not sure what you're saying the opposite of what I said is...?

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post

Because he has too much baggage, too little appeal/star power, and is demanding too much pay and too much creative control. Honestly makes more sense to replace him than to try and negotiate.