Page 1365 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3658651265131513551361136213631364136513661367136813691375 ... LastLast
Results 20,461 to 20,475 of 20948
    Incredible Member

To be honest, most of DC (and Marvel Comics, for that matter) work best on the small screen, particularly as part of a streaming service. This would allow for more creative control, but less costly. Plus, the story format/plot device will have the necessary run-time to be expanded upon. Thus, only the top ten best sellers should get the big screen treatment. Thoughts?

The Wrap reports from a WB insider that Dwayne Johnson has a “thinly veiled disdain for the Shazam character” and will probably not want to be in anything featuring Shazam moving forward. These are the types of issues that Gunn and Safran will have to deal with moving forward.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

He's made it pretty known he sees Superman as the end all be all and Shazam is not in his league

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    The Wrap reports from a WB insider that Dwayne Johnson has a “thinly veiled disdain for the Shazam character” and will probably not want to be in anything featuring Shazam moving forward. These are the types of issues that Gunn and Safran will have to deal with moving forward.
    A bunch of nonesense rumour.The guy himself has said they are gonna meet.The movie literally had black adam "unworthy".
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    He's made it pretty known he sees Superman as the end all be all and Shazam is not in his league
    well I really don't see Zac Levi defeating Dwayne Johnson. Henry Cavill, yes.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Obviously Black Adam belongs opposite Shazam, but maybe Sandberg shouldn't have turned Earth's Mighiest Mortal into a completely juvenile character. Although given how mitigated Black Adam's persona and tone was in his own film, I don't exactly see why Johnson would have such a problem.

(Side note, why are so many Conjuring-related people at the helm of DCEU projects?)

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    well I really don't see Zac Levi defeating Dwayne Johnson. Henry Cavill, yes.
    Good thing its not about the actors but the characters. Shazam has his powers from the same wizard. Hell i want them to come out if left field and have WW kick all their asses for forgetting her

Good thing its not about the actors but the characters. Shazam has his powers from the same wizard. Hell i want them to come out if left field and have WW kick all their asses for forgetting her
    yes I know it's about the characters, on paper.

I think Black Adam should fight both Shazam and Superman if that's what they want to do.

Sandberg shot a scene for Shazam that would’ve introduced Black Adam. The Rock and his people asked for the scene to be removed.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Sandberg shot a scene for Shazam that would’ve introduced Black Adam. The Rock and his people asked for the scene to be removed.
    Yet,the movie did have a scene with allusions to black adam.
    It is about the actor if the actor makes **** happen..
    spoilers:
    no,wizard didn't choose black adam..fate did
    end of spoilersEven Black adam doesn't have his power under control. it's a manifestation of his rage ,pain and is a curse..might be more powerful than the caster..Since the wizards didn't take it away in the movie.

You guys just have a hate boner.And also i ask again did black adam's power meant movie had bad showings for hawk man and dr.fate?if not you guys just are just looking for things to blame.I am too just on the opposite direction but atleast somewhat backed up by tangible substance.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-26-2022 at 09:55 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I can’t see a way to do a GL show that’s not expensive. My guess is this show is now set in the DCU and Stewart will end up joining the JL at the end, Zaslav wants everything in the shared universe, at after JL2 or whatever they will do a GL movie starring John.
    Having one main character rather than 5 would allow for a reduced budget I guess. Though I'm a bit surprised this hasn't been brought up yet: they shafted 5 human Lanterns, 4 of whom were minorities, for the sake of 1. It wasn't only Alan and Guy that were slated to appear, Jessica, Simon and the new black female GL that was going to be Guy's partner, got the shaft as well. Doesn't mean they still can't appear down the line of course but the show was originally announced as starring multiple GLs, while now the main focus has shifted only to one and if they do appear, I imagine it would be in a recurring/supporting capacity. Given how some fans used to complain about Hal being prioritized over everyone else or that the others were supposedly treated as his sidekicks, why is this acceptable now?
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-26-2022 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    (Side note, why are so many Conjuring-related people at the helm of DCEU projects?)
    Probably because Conjuring franchise made them lots and lots of money.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yet,the movie did have a scene with allusions to black adam.

It is about the actor if the actor makes **** happen..
    spoilers:
    no,wizard didn't choose black adam..fate did
    end of spoilersEven Black adam doesn't have his power under control. it's a manifestation of his rage ,pain and is a curse..might be more powerful than the caster..Since the wizards didn't take it away in the movie.

You guys just have a hate boner.And also i ask again did black adam's power meant movie had bad showings for hawk man and dr.fate?if not you guys just are just looking for things to blame.I am too just on the opposite direction but atleast somewhat backed up by tangible substance.
    I dont even know what you're talking about since no one was hating on Black Adam in these comments.

But since you asked and like i said in my review of the film: Hawkman was practically a joke with how they made him into BAs play thing that got flung around like nothing only to get slapped by AS.

Fate was great.

It was the scene where there was one throne left for Adam, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Obviously Black Adam belongs opposite Shazam, but maybe Sandberg shouldn't have turned Earth's Mighiest Mortal into a completely juvenile character. Although given how mitigated Black Adam's persona and tone was in his own film, I don't exactly see why Johnson would have such a problem.

WB hiring people they know and can work with.