spoilers:
    I don't really care for Firefly having a wife and kid. Like, it's such a generic "sympathize with this bad guy." Can't he just be a pyromaniac?
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

-Movie is heavily dependent on the continuity rewrites of the Flash movie.

end of spoilers

ofh that not going to age well now that discovery seems to been gear towards a different direction
    Last edited by Venomized-spider-man; 07-02-2022 at 10:00 PM.

Even with Keaton’s involvement this doesn’t sound like something I’d pay to see in a theater.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Depends. Black Adam could be a success while using the JSA as a laughingstock to prop him up. We'll just have to wait and see.
    I mean,they have former james bond as fate.I am postive a good showing will lead to a movie.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    I don't really care for Firefly having a wife and kid. Like, it's such a generic "sympathize with this bad guy." Can't he just be a pyromaniac?
    end of spoilers
    It’s like every villain these days needs to be sympathetic.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I mean,they have former james bond as fate.I am postive a good showing will lead to a movie.
    Guy doesn't have the star power he used to. All we can do is wait and see.

I'm pretty sure Cavill's done. So the question is what actor will they get to be Supergirl's sidekick and Black Adam's punching bag? Who will be our new Superman?
    I don't think that you can really do Black Adam vs Superman if Superman is played by a new guy who isn't a big star. And well, big star probably isn't going to sign up for being Supergirl's sidekick and Adam's punching bag.

If it is new guy playing Superman who hasn't done big business before then there won't be that much hype behind the fight/movie. You can make an argument that Cavill isn't a big star either, but he has at least been established as Superman + his coming back would generate some additional hype as well.

Actor being high profile would help supes..Someone with larger than life personality would help..

Having said that i am not into "boyscout aw!shucks farmboy holy dad" figure superman..That ain't for me.I can understand people like that sorta thing and for them that is superman.so i am no expert.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    If it is new guy playing Superman who hasn't done big business before then there won't be that much hype behind the fight/movie. You can make an argument that Cavill isn't a big star either, but he has at least been established as Superman + his coming back would generate some additional hype as well.
    This...so much this
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Having said that i am not into "boyscout aw!shucks farmboy holy dad" figure superman..That ain't for me.I can understand people like that sorta thing and for them that is superman.so i am no expert.
    So you are looking for Superman to be The Punisher?!

LOL look over at Marvel with Thor. Look at what Thor has become (I am actually really looking forward to the new Thor movie).
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Mighty Member

Yeah, but if the plans are just to have Johnson's Black Adam whoop his ass rather than giving him his own movie, I'd kinda rather they just remove him from the continuity after all. Superman doesn't need to be a punching bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Exactly!!!!!
    Well the Justice League also did not need to be punching bags, but that did not stop WB, twice:

And it makes even logically much more sense for the wildly popular The Rock, than for Cavill's Superman who is basically less popular than at least 2 or kind of 3 of the characters they let him **** on, so i would not hold my breath for them caring if something truly needs to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    So you are looking for Superman to be The Punisher?!

LOL look over at Marvel with Thor. Look at what Thor has become (I am actually really looking forward to the new Thor movie).
    What are you on about?Thor does comedy.Thor makes jokes.Thor is having an adventure of a life time..does aw!shucks farmboy dad figure do comedy?most of the time superman has a stick up his behind to joke.He is no fun.At best superman has dry humour.. That's it.On the other hand silverage, goldenage,..etc had slapstick,satire..etc which were funny.

What i am looking for is monkey king,robin hood,spartacus,fenrir,hercules,zorro,john carter,doc savage..etc all rolled into one cape.

Something based on this..
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-03-2022 at 06:56 AM.

What are you on about?Thor does comedy.Thor makes jokes.Thor is having an adventure of a life time..does aw!shucks farmboy dad figure do comedy?most of the time superman has a stick up his behind to joke.He is no fun.At best superman has dry humour.. That's it.On the other hand silverage, goldenage,..etc had slapstick,satire..etc which were funny.

What i am looking for is monkey king,robin hood,spartacus,fenrir,hercules,zorro,john carter,doc savage..etc all rolled into one cape.

Something based on this..
    So I take it your not a fan of the like 80+ years of Superman's history?

Now I am not saying we have to go back to Reeve's Superman or Routh.

Cavill was a very different Superman. We saw him battle with Zod and them. He then killed. We then saw him fight and battle Batman. Doomsday got involved. Then we saw him die, come back from the dead, fight the JL, then join the JL to fight Dakseid and then that was it.

Cavill looked the part but everything he did was awful. That was not Superman. Not in my opinion anyway. I would actually love to see Cavill back in the role (I know, I know not everyone wants him back I get it ok). Cavill just needs the right script. The right director. The right guidance.

Since Reeves we have yet to see Superman act like Superman on the screen (minus Superman & Lois). Routh's movie was awful and I try to forget about it. I want the farm boy. I want the smile. Have him fly around Metropolis, save people from falling, help a kid cross the street, watch the sunset at the top off the tallest building, pretend to be Clark Kent, work at the daily planet, be a leader, fight the big bad guy even if it is Luthor. Now I know many of you here dont want to see that but too bad...I want to see it and I believe others do as well. Superman does not kill. Keep it that way.

So now Cavill disappears and they recast. Rumors and cameo in Black Adam. Rumor that its just like Shazam cameo and we dont see a face. So who is the next Superman?! Your telling me it is going to be a new face fighting Black Adam (Dwayne Johnson/The Rock) on the screen??????!!!!! This new Superman will either have to be a bigger actor or on the same level as the Rock or what...

Anyone tell me. Please...what happens if we get a Superman punching bag? You guys really want that? I sure dont.

Superman is the face of DC. He should be that way on screen. Just like The Batman. Give Superman the same treatment and respect.

Instead WB does not know what to do with Superman and has not for 30 or more years.

Please dont hate me for my last post about the DCEU Superman. I just had to state my opinion on it and get it out of the way. I am in no way a GIANT Superman fan. I love Superman but all around I am more of a Batman fan. In the end I love DC. I would love to see the DCEU succeed. I would love to see WB do well with all their DC movies. The Batman was amazing and might be my favorite Batman film of all time (and I saw Keaton in 89 at the age of 9 and love it).

All the crap that is going on with THe Flash movie and Ezra, I still want to see the movie do well. I want to see a great Flash movie. WE have been waiting years for it.

Black Adam looks amazing. I hope Batgirl does well. I hear there will be a Black Canary movie with Green Arrow in it as well?! Now that excites me. We get to see Keaton back in the suit and it looks like it will be a few times. I am looking forward to that. The JSA on the screen?! Yes please.