Page 832 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3327327828228288298308318328338348358368428829321332 ... LastLast
Results 12,466 to 12,480 of 20948
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So that makes Batgirl, Zatanna, and Blue Beetle all on hbo max? Any other films I’m missing
    Zatanna will be released in theatres unless they change their mind at the last second.

Incredible Member

"Though Zaslav can’t make personnel decisions, the consensus among industry observers is that once the deal closes, WarnerMedia CEO Jason Kilar will depart, and WarnerMedia Studios CEO Ann Sarnoff may go, too. An outsider who did not become an insider in two years on the job, Sarnoff by many accounts has not developed strong relationships in the broader entertainment community or even within the company. One insider calls her “an invisible layer” within WarnerMedia. A source with knowledge of the AT&T CEO’s thinking says Stankey wants to protect her; the decision, of course, will be Zaslav’s."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bu...re-1234964940/

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Zatanna will be released in theatres unless they change their mind at the last second.
    Oh I assumed it would be HBO Max with whatever that Justice League Dark plan was.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

The Fine Print Behind Jason Kilar’s WarnerMedia Contract

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bu...ia-1234964930/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So that makes Batgirl, Zatanna, and Blue Beetle all on hbo max? Any other films I’m missing
    Static Shock is also rumored to be an HBO max exclusive.

If it hasn’t already been confirmed I think Zatanna will be HBO Max. If WB thinks that Batgirl and Static are “risky” properties they would definitely view an even lesser known character like Zee risky as well.

Niffleheim

When did they say it was going to be released in theatres?

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    When did they say it was going to be released in theatres?
    When it was first announced.

The movie, from Warner Bros.’ DC Films, is set to be released theatrically. J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot is producing through his overall deal with WarnerMedia.

How will HBO Max and Warner Bros.'s DC strategy dovetail?

Emmerich: HBO Max presents a huge opportunity for DC. It allows us to make high-quality mid-budget superhero movies that reintroduce lesser-known DC titles, while also crossing over stand-out characters from our bigger films into original series.

Connecting the DC cinematic universe with Max gives our fans more ways to explore the DC multiverse and more chances to enjoy more great stories with these beloved characters.
    https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...-the-wide-shot

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    If it hasn’t already been confirmed I think Zatanna will be HBO Max. If WB thinks that Batgirl and Static are “risky” properties they would definitely view an even lesser known character like Zee risky as well.
    Static who held a tv show for 4 years.

Batgirl who has been on tv how many times? Headlines a toy line? Two versions of her have more solo issues than A LOT of properties that got movies and tv shows.

They are risky??? Yet Zantanna is not.

You know what that REALLY says-it says we want to MAKE folks subscribe to HBO Max by taking 2 properties along with Jaime Reyes that would attract folks. Especially folks of color.

The downside to that is-how much money are you leaving on the table not doing a limit theater run? Static could be your Into the SPiderverse or Black Panther. He can't do that on HBO Max.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Static who held a tv show for 4 years.

Batgirl who has been on tv how many times? Headlines a toy line? Two versions of her have more solo issues than A LOT of properties that got movies and tv shows.

They are risky??? Yet Zantanna is not.

You know what that REALLY says-it says we want to MAKE folks subscribe to HBO Max by taking 2 properties along with Jaime Reyes that would attract folks. Especially folks of color.

The downside to that is-how much money are you leaving on the table not doing a limit theater run? Static could be your Into the SPiderverse or Black Panther. He can't do that on HBO Max.
    Into the Spiderverse didn't do that well at the box office, especially for a Spider-Man property.

We don't know if Batgirl and Static will be direct-to-HBOMax either (unless there is something I missed). Just Blue Beetle. Though it's WB and they have shown a remarkably low faith in characters who aren't Batman or Superman or outright grim n gritty properties like Suicide Squad. They may change their minds on Zatanna being a theatrical release. I suspect they want Zatanna to go to theaters because it ties into JLD and they think it will succeed if they make it an intense horror movie.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    We don't know if Batgirl and Static will be direct-to-HBOMax either (unless there is something I missed). Just Blue Beetle. Though it's WB and they have shown a remarkably low faith in characters who aren't Batman or Superman or outright grim n gritty properties like Suicide Squad. They may change their minds on Zatanna being a theatrical release. I suspect they want Zatanna to go to theaters because it ties into JLD and they think it will succeed if they make it an intense horror movie.
    Batgirl was confirmed for HBO Max when the directors were announced and Static was said to be HBO Max when that Walter Hamada article dropped. Insiders are saying Batgirl, Static and Blue Beetle are all HBO Max exclusive films, most likely debuting in the 2023/2024 time frame.

So basically starting in 2023 we’re getting 4 theatrical and 2 HBO Max. I doubt any of those 3 will be ready to release next year. So far:

2022 (4 theatrical): Batman, Black Adam, Flash, Aquaman 2
    2023 (1 theatrical, 2 HBO): Shazam 2, Blue Beetle, Batgirl

Zatanna and GLC are theatrical while I’m thinking Supergirl and Hourman will also be HBO Max

Ah, thanks.

Isn't GLC going to be a series?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Ah, thanks.

Isn't GLC going to be a series?
    Well, supposedly there's still a GL movie in production (emphasis on supposedly).