Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

All I know is....if I were an actor and signed onto a DC film...Id have it in my contract that I get paid X amount EVEN if it gets canceled. They cancel more films than they greenlight and film.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Probably more like poor Garth. DC/WB seem to really love Jackson/Kaldur. He has an interesting backstory what with him being the son of Aquaman’s arch enemy and he checks a lot of those sought after diversity boxes. So I can definitely see them wanting to use him as the next sidekick in the third flick.
    It doesn't pay to be the non-diverse OG!Sidekick...especially when even a whole Atlantis arc in Young Justice can't even be bothered to give him more than five minutes of screentime.

Would anyone care if they made Garth Polynesian? That would maybe get DC to use him more.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Would anyone care if they made Garth Polynesian? That would maybe get DC to use him more.
    I vaguely remember they considered making Mera Polynesian to match Momoa.

And, if I'm not wrong Ludi Lin was assumed to be Garth when he was first cast so the idea of an Asian/Pacific Islander playing Garth doesn't seem like a stretch.

I'm sure someone will be upset but who cares.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

I wouldn’t mind tbh.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

DC has a number of minorities they make little or no use of. Aquaman's Inuit son being one example. I have no feelings on Garth being Polynesian or not, but DC's track record with him doesn't give me reason to think it will change anything.

Young Justice gave Artemis Crock more attention than anything the comics did with her and she's nowhere to be seen in the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I don’t disagree that more obscure characters still have cinematic potential. However, the comparison to Peacemaker didn’t quite work for the reasons I mentioned. It’s the exact sort of lower budget, interconnected project he’s said to want, which is also probably why the Amanda Waller spin-off was similarly just announced under his regime.

While I’m now worried about some projects like Black Canary, his desire to cut costs is not that unreasonable overall. Overspending was a massive problem with DC movies under prior regimes, and when the company is already heavily in debt right now, I can see why he’s more keen on theatrical releases that can recoup costs traditionally. Netflix is in a crisis right now because despite the crazy amount of money they’ve spent on original content, subscriber growth hasn’t kept pace.
    Well I hope this means the Static Shock movie can be a theatrical release then. If it doesn’t get canned that is. Though now I’m wondering if the Green Lantern show will get retooled into a film.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Extraordinary Member

That Black Canary film is definitely in the crosshairs right now. Wonder if any of the major productions are at risk too? Abrams JLD stuff will get snuffed quickly if it doesn’t hit its goals.
    Not necessarily, especially since it’s supposed to be set in the DCEU with Jurnee Smolett reprising the role. Zaslav seems to really want to focus on building out the DCEU and bringing that universe to its full potential. So I think all the properties that have been in the DCEU so far, even if they’re obscure-ish characters are safe: Shazam, Peacemaker, Black Adam, Blue Beetle, any other Suicide Squad spinoff that James Gunn wants to do…

And to be honest, that’s GOOD! WB should be building out the DCEU properties before anything else. Maybe this will mean that the Zatanna movie and Green Lantern series will absolutely be set in the DCEU now.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    Not necessarily, especially since it’s supposed to be set in the DCEU with Jurnee Smolett reprising the role. Zaslav seems to really want to focus on building out the DCEU and bringing that universe to its full potential. So I think all the properties that have been in the DCEU so far, even if they’re obscure-ish characters are safe: Shazam, Peacemaker, Black Adam, Blue Beetle, any other Suicide Squad spinoff that James Gunn wants to do…

And to be honest, that’s GOOD! WB should be building out the DCEU properties before anything else. Maybe this will mean that the Zatanna movie and Green Lantern series will absolutely be set in the DCEU now.
    If the Green Lantern movie is set in the DCEU, I hope this means the guy Zack cast as John Stewart can get a chance to finally play him in a film. If not then Trevante Rhodes would be a great choice.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Given the way they stylized him with what looks like tribal tattoos after he became Tempest, yeah I can see it:

Garth as the sorcerer, Kaldur as the fighter, make it happen, DC.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post

The Zatanna movie was always in the dceu and theatrical.

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    I vaguely remember they considered making Mera Polynesian to match Momoa.

And, if I'm not wrong Ludi Lin was assumed to be Garth when he was first cast so the idea of an Asian/Pacific Islander playing Garth doesn't seem like a stretch.

I'm sure someone will be upset but who cares.
    Ludi Lin should've been Garth. Having him be Murk made no sense.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ludi Lin should've been Garth. Having him be Murk made no sense.
    Yeah this was pretty much universal at the time.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

I wanna see the Snyderverse restored. Hate how people are calling Snyder fans "crybabies" when only Twitter has those kinds. I like the other directors and their films, I just wanna see Snyder's vision fully carried out.

And WB released a 4K trailer of Josstice League when ZSJL was released. Are they still pushing Josstice on us?
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

If Zaslov was in charge back in 2020 you’d never have even got the Snyder Cut, never mind seeing him return to heading up DC.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/