Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Supergirl and Batgirl don't try to pretend Batman and Superman don't exist, they're just building off of their stories. This isn't a Captain Marvel situation in my opinion because Batgirl isn't trying to wholesale replace Batman.
    But in the cancelled Batgirl movie that's more or less what happens (allegedly). Bruce Wayne is more or less a long cameo (I've read he has 4, 5 scenes) and it is a version of the character on the brink of retirement. It isn't a situation where Batman and Batgirl actively co-exist in the way Captain America and Falcon co-exist in the MCU. Again, the problem would be relatively non-existent if Batman had had his own 4-5-movie narrative arc with Batgirl as his designated heir, maybe even trained by him. But basically what we get in that specific universe is a BatFleck who didn't do much outside the JL movies, a BatKeaton who hasn't been active since the early 1990s, and Batgirl. I mean, even with the best intentions it's hard to argue that it is a confusing/rushed plan.

Hal was a major part of two DC Animated Feature Films (First Flight and Emerald Knights), was practically one of the leads of the New Frontier movie like he was in the comic, and was in several Justice League films, Lego or otherwise (although I'm not sure if that counts them as "major Hal Jordan media").
    I wasn't taking the cameos into account and in all honesty I haven't seen the DAFFs. I still think that the presence of John Stewart in other media left a more lasting impression (or at least strong enough to be proposed as a possible lead in a movie), but maybe I am wrong.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    A 10 year plan huh? How’s that going to work? I kinda think the Flash might lead into a full on reboot at this point instead of Hamada’s half assed reboot. No way is Affleck sticking around for 10 years, and I can’t see Gadot or Cavill doing that either.
    Then you go get new folks.

Nothing says you can't start Aquaman as a young teen and use 3 movies to show his growth over 10 years.

Same with WW.

Or give everyone one movie and end year ten with the formation of JLA versus Darksied.

So, is this right. The two big dc things in the last hour--

Good news for wb--

DC studios announced with alan horn coming on board.

Bad news for wb--

Same time as they announced this ezra miller now has another child grooming claiming and a cult in iceland!

What are odds of both at the same time!

Also, we are not getting blackhawk, metal men or plastic man movies anymore, are we? I really wanted to see those.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Wait, so the sky isn't falling?
    It might yet fall.

I did not realize until just a moment ago the Zaslav is in charge of HGTV!!

I liked that network.

Frosty from Collider says he’s heard Zaslav wants all of the DC movies to connect in a shared universe just like Marvel.

On that...

Seems like it could wind up looking like the CNN "Hub..." in this article. -

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/cnn...ry-1235333371/

CNN Originals Hub to Debut on Discovery+ in August

Astonishing Member

10 year plan with new guy and team.

Astonishing Member

Let's not forget all the other properties Zaslav controls:

Hanna Barbera
    Thundercats
    M.E.G.S.
    etcetera

The only thing we know for certain is the Scoob 2 cancelled.

So what is next for Scooby and all the 100 other HB IPs???

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    WW getting top billing alongside Supes and Batman

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but does the fact that she is ahead of Supes mean WW3 is more of a sure thing than a Superman feature?

Extraordinary Member

Warner Bros. Discovery Execs Speak Out on ‘Batgirl’: ‘Our Job Is to Protect the DC Brand’
    n Thursday, after the company reported its second-quarter 2022 earnings, which represent the first quarter of the combined Discovery-WarnerMedia company’s existence, a Deutschebank analyst asked David Zaslav about his decision to kill the HBO Max-exclusive “Batgirl.”

“The Warner Bros. Motion Picture Group has fantastic IP and a great history,” Zaslav said. “Between DC and the animation group, together with the entire Warner library, our ambition is to bring Warner back and produce great high-quality films. As we look at the opportunities that we have, broadly, DC is one of the top of the list for us. Look at Batman, Superman, Wonder-Woman, Aquaman, these are brands known everywhere in the world. The ability to drive those all over the world is a big opportunity for us.”

Zaslav said that the DC organization moving forward will resemble the strategy that drives Disney’s Marvel Cinematic Universe.

“We have done a reset. We’ve structured the business,” Zaslav said. “There will be a team with a 10-year plan focusing just on DC. It’s very similar to the structure that Alan Horn and Bob Iger put together very effectively with Kevin Feige at Disney. We think we could build a long-term, much more sustainable growth business out of DC, and as part of that, we’re going to focus on quality. We’re not going to release any film before it’s ready… The focus is going to be, how do we make each of these films, in general, as good as possible? DC is something we can make better, and we’re focused on it now. We have some great DC films coming up. ‘Black Adam,’ ‘Shazam!,’ and ‘Flash.’ We’re working on all of those. We’ve seen them, and we think they’re terrific, and that we can make them even better. That’s what Mike [De Luca] and Pam [Abdy, Warner Bros.’ new motion picture heads] are doing.”
    Zaslav added, “We’ve looked hard at the direct-to-streaming business. We’ve seen, luckily, by having access to all the data how these movies perform. Our conclusion is expensive direct-to-streaming movies, in terms of how people are consuming them on the platform, how often people buy a service for them, how they get nourished over time, is no comparison to what happens when you launch a film in the theaters. This idea of expensive films going direct to streaming. We cannot find an economic case for it. We can’t find an economic value for it, and so we’re making a strategic shift.”

Ultimately, Zaslav said, the objective is to “grow the DC brand, to grow the DC characters. But also our job is to protect the DC brand, and that’s what we’re going to do.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, 6 out of 10 .
    Well it's even better. Joker and BOP weren't listed but came out before those dates. WW84 would have too if not for COVID. So basically 9 DC films did release during the time frame that 10 were planned.

Yeah I'm concerned that Jaime didn't get a mention.

Shelving BB would be much dumber than shelving Batgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Ultimately, Zaslav said, the objective is to “grow the DC brand, to grow the DC characters. But also our job is to protect the DC brand, and that’s what we’re going to do.”

So what is next for Scooby and all the 100 other HB IPs???
    Other than the dtv films they have two shows in the works.

A preschool show and a adult only velma show full of naked girls and gore!

Really.

https://deadline.com/2022/05/scooby-...rk-1235030329/

https://www.cbr.com/scooby-doo-velma...image-hbo-max/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Other than the dtv films they have two shows in the works.

A preschool show and a adult only velma show full of naked girls and gore!

Really.

https://deadline.com/2022/05/scooby-...rk-1235030329/

https://www.cbr.com/scooby-doo-velma...image-hbo-max/
    Unless these shows don't agree with Zaslav's 'vision'.