Page 415 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 315365405411412413414415416417418419425465515915 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,225 of 20948

And there’s the fact that JL sets up a sequel that will never happen. It was supposed to end with a tease of Darkseid planning to come to Earth which is never happening now.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    And there’s the fact that JL sets up a sequel that will never happen. It was supposed to end with a tease of Darkseid planning to come to Earth which is never happening now.
    Yeah, that's a serious problem to overcome, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I'm curious, has there ever been a time when a studio released an alternate cut of a failed movie due to both fan demand and public support from the cast.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I guess it depends on how much it would cost WB to put together, something I have no clue about.
    Yeah pretty much, if WB can't make money off the cut they won't release it. Maybe limited screenings could recoup some costs immediately? Before a release on BD etc.

I am sure the film needs touching up on the CG department and with WB spending so much on the theatrical I don't know if they'll bother regardless of how well the social media campaign is going.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I'm curious, has there ever been a time when a studio released an alternate cut of a failed movie due to both fan demand and public support from the cast.
    First time for everything. As a Superman fan I hated everything Snyder did with Superman and I want both him and Cavill gown from Superman. But if this gives the Snyder cult some peace you know what? Give it to them, they can praise it as kino like BvS. But don’t expect them to not switch gears to demanding Snyder come back and take over DCEU again.

Edit: Mods might as well make a Snyder Cut thread because we’ve totally taken this thread off the rails.
    Last edited by Vordan; 11-17-2019 at 04:17 PM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Sure - Once Upon a Time in America, for one (which is an example of a "failed" film that is not viewed as such today).

Blade Runner is another "failed" film that got a directors cut a decade after the movie's release.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member

The former Batman himself, Ben Affleck is throwing his hat into the ring for support of the Snyder Cut of Justice League for the first ever!

https://mobile.twitter.com/BenAfflec...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Zack Snyder also has tweeted about his cut for the very first time.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ZackSnyde...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 11-17-2019 at 04:26 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Ultimate Member

SORT of.

Dr Who has done it with Shada. Since it was never completed. They put in animation for the lost scenes.

Sleepaway Camp 3 was never finished but they put out what they had.

Get Smart tossed out a film with the option to show alternate or deleted scenes.

For all intent purposes- they don't have to complete the film. They can release what they have done and show unfinished footage or a storyboard for a scene.

What I've never understood is why the anti-Snyder cut crowd feels the need to engage the way they do; if you don't support it, there's little need to argue against those who wish to see its existence after there has been plenty of evidence to suggest it does exist and is far, far closer to completion than most ever realized.
    I think folks just want this to die.

Because in all fairness excluding Zak-the other person who has been screwed in this is Ray Fisher. Because it's mainly his footage that got screwed over in the final cut.
    A character DC has DESPERATELY tried to sell as A list and had continually failed. Why was the guy who NEEDED this footage the main one screwed and now without a movie.
    Ruin Ray's career before it started. Maybe Black Panther 2 can find a spot for him.

I don't think that's gonna be a concern. If this is released, it'll be closure for the fans who wanted it, but I don't think it not lining up with whatever the studio is currently doing is the concern. I mean, it's unlikely that if the SC is released there are gonna be people rioting in the streets and flipping over cars because the new Batman movie stars a different actor and doesn't use Deathstroke.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm doubtful Cyborg would have gotten a solo movie even if we got Snyder's JL. As the only character that didn't start out as a solo character and doesn't have a mythos to base a film off of, and separated from the ensemble team he was designed for, Cyborg always had an uphill climb compared to the other properties. His being a POC plays into that, but that's not all it is. I don't think Snyder's JL would be any more positively reviewed than BvS, and the GA may have been out of patience and just not shown up. Wonder Woman had good legs because of good word of mouth and people got assurance that it was actually good.

What little we saw of him, I liked Fisher in the role and it sucks he's got nothing going on now. Much like Cavill but to an even larger degree, I think he was the right actor, wrong production and direction. A more competently mapped out DCEU that involved a Teen Titans movie that he could be spun out of would have worked better. Or even still a JL movie, but we'd have to go back in time to square one before THIS one was mapped out to give Cyborg a better chance.

THR is saying no Snyder Cut is coming. Does this mean we can stop treating Grace like an “insider” now?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

THR is saying no Snyder Cut is coming. Does this mean we can stop treating Grace like an “insider” now?
    ...People still do that?

Default Gal Gadot calls for the release.......wait for it....... of the Snyder Cut OMG

On her insta

Will it happen?

Astonishing Member

They said that a Snyder Cut release is not “imminent” which means it’s not coming anytime soon. They didn’t completely close the door on it and definitively say it’s never coming. There’s no plans at the moment but that could always change considering the enormity of support for the release of the cut in question. Warners knows there’s interest in it but they don’t know if it’s worth the costs to release it. Snyder’s version would take millions of dollars to finish. To Warners, that’s money better spent elsewhere. I think making it an HBO Max exclusive could be a way to entice more subscribers to their service but I don’t know if it will give that much of a boost to their subscriber numbers as Snyder fans are a really niche audience that may be loud on the internet but they are actually quite small in numbers.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 11-22-2019 at 05:00 PM.

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    On her insta

Will it happen?
    I’d say it’s about 50/50 right now. On one hand, Warners would prefer to move on, and leave Justice League in the past but on the other hand the fans are strongly clamoring for it, and now the stars like Gal Gadot and Ben Affleck are now joining in support of the cut. That’s a lot of strong support, and something we’ve never seen before. The support hasn’t waned in the two years after the theatrical cut of JL was released which I feel which speaks to the undying passion of the Snyder fans who want to see their beloved director’s “real” vision.

Anyway you look at it, Warners is in a interesting position. I really couldn’t care less for the Snyder Cut but you have to give it to the Snyder fans they know how to make their voices heard(for better or worse).

- Charles Schultz.