Page 749 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2496496997397457467477487497507517527537597998491249 ... LastLast
Results 11,221 to 11,235 of 20948

ZSJL just released. Let a few weeks pass to give them time to count the money (or not) and the tone towards more or less ties to Snyderverse (to remind: which includes movies like WW or Aquaman (if you turn a blind eye on some story elements)) will be more solid.

I try not to look forward to hard for a Zatanna movie but I really hope for the best.

edit: Quick; someone sent the Zatanna movie gal this link before its sold out: https://www.amazon.com/Zatanna-Paul-Dini/dp/140126882X/
    :P
    Last edited by The_Lurk; 03-22-2021 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lmao they shut that down.

So they’re going to give the DCEU another try? So will Coates and Abrams new black Superman take place in the DCEU? Lmao good luck to them, all hell is going to break loose with that. And where does Battison fit in?

Also if those idiots think the Snyder Cult is going to quiet down they’ve got another thing coming.
    They're keeping Flash on standby for the reboot universe.

Battison is for sure it's own thing and not a DCEU movie. I don't even expect Easter eggs from that movie to be honest. Plus the lead actor and director already despise each other so I don't know if that's even going to get a trilogy at this point.

They can give the SnyderVerse fans a comic book. That makes the most sense.

Oh, nice. Well, here's hoping it goes through though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Variety: WarnerMedia’s Ann Sarnoff on ‘Zack Snyder’s Justice League’ and DC’s Future

EDIT: Full interview is worth reading but the below snipping made me laugh - flat out said no:
    It’s super important to me and it’s in line with what we want to do. We want to branch out and let creators interpret parts of the universe in unique and special ways. Ta-Nehisi working on Superman is incredibly exciting, I can’t wait to see what he comes up with, and [director] Andy Muschietti on “The Flash” or Patty Jenkins. Matt Reeves just finished filming “The Batman” against the odds of COVID. We’re so excited to finish that movie and have people see it, because Matt’s take on Batman is different than other takes. Even familiar characters have lots of possibilities.

How did viewers and fans see the org charts when it came to DC?

They saw this character in movies and it had nothing to do with that character in TV. Creating that more unified vision, which is coming together with Peacemaker spinning off of “The Suicide Squad” and you’ll see a lot more of that going forward. You’ll also see original things in businesses that don’t relate, and that’s okay too, but we’re in charge of that decisionmaking about whether to connect dots or not.

As superheroes pop up in movies, on television, streaming shows, and games, how do you make sure there’s not too much of a good thing. Couldn’t that lead to oversaturation?

One of the reasons, I’m excited about our strategy going forward is it is multidimensional. We’re not just serving the same fanbase with the same creative vision, we’re trying to expand it. Not every fan has to love every piece of what we’re doing, but we’re putting out more tentacles to be able to reach people with different stories on different platforms, so there isn’t fatigue. It’s not just the same cadence. We’re going to mix things up. We’ll have a slate of DC movies but it will be richer and more multi-dimensional with a broader array of characters. That will help reduce the fatigue, because you’ll see a whole story about the Flash and then you’ll see sequels like “Aquaman 2,” or new takes on Superman, or Shazam which plays to a family audience. There would be fatigue if we stayed on a more singular path, but because we are broadening, we’ll have much more potential to grow the franchise across various demos and various types of fans.
    Interesting stuff...so interconnected multiverse I suppose? Hmm, let's see where this goes.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post

Battison is for sure it's own thing and not a DCEU movie. I don't even expect Easter eggs from that movie to be honest. Plus the lead actor and director already despise each other so I don't know if that's even going to get a trilogy at this point.

Wait, what? Really? I thought everything was going well...oof, if not. Was interested in seeing a more detective type Bats.

Honestly though, I would be happy if DC just focused on their B, C and D list characters. Bats and Supes have had multiple opportunities in various media. Time for Blue Beetle, Static, Zatanna and others (here's hoping for Booster Gold!) to shine.

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    ZSJL just released. Let a few weeks pass to give them time to count the money (or not) and the tone towards more or less ties to Snyderverse (to remind: which includes movies like WW or Aquaman (if you turn a blind eye on some story elements)) will be more solid.

I try not to look forward to hard for a Zatanna movie but I really hope for the best.

edit: Quick; someone sent the Zatanna movie gal this link before its sold out: https://www.amazon.com/Zatanna-Paul-Dini/dp/140126882X/
    :P
    When they announced the Superman reboot that was a calculated move to signal that Snyder getting the reigns again wasn’t in the plan. Comic or animated follow up is an option though.
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post

That a Grace Randolph rumor about Pattinson and Reeves hating each other? If so you can immediately discount it, Grace doesn’t know what she’s talking about. She doesn’t have any inside sources.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm not sure how do you even go back to interconnected stuff at this point without creating continuity nightmare. On the other hand I supposed this would be very direct adaptation of DC's continuity issues.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'm not sure how do you even go back to interconnected stuff at this point without creating continuity nightmare. On the other hand I supposed this would be very direct adaptation of DC's continuity issues.
    Lmao

Soft continuity probably. I think multiverse is the best solution...just set TV shows in different universes and maybe bring it all together in a crisis on film That would be amazing.

So I know they've described the Ta-Nehisi Coates as a "black Superman" film, but have they clarified that that means it's going to be about a Superman who is black or about the white Superman but viewed through the lens of the black experience?

Nothing has been absolutely 100% confirmed. But the high likelihood is a black Superman in of itself, abandoning Clark Kent/Kal-El at least for the time being.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

They can always do black Clark Kent for maximum fan rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    So I know they've described the Ta-Nehisi Coates as a "black Superman" film, but have they clarified that that means it's going to be about a Superman who is black or about the white Superman but viewed through the lens of the black experience?
    Micheal B Jordan who is all but confirmed for the role outside of disney locking him down under contract has said he wants to play Calvin Ellis when he talked about it on the view
    Of course things can change and if WB/DC say they want to go all in and make him the new clark kent he won't say no to playing superman over that

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    They can always do black Clark Kent for maximum fan rage.
    That certainly can't be eliminated as a possibility yet either. I'm in the camp that Calvin or Val is more likely, Calvin at the top of the list considering his upcoming comics usage, but of course nothing is set in stone.

Could easily see a story that begins with him as a dark horse senator running for President, fighting for social justice on both fronts as a politician and as Superman, and by the end of the film winning the Presidency. An origin film not of a guy becoming Superman, but as Superman becoming prez.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-22-2021 at 12:10 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Superman who is black. Coates wouldn’t be involved otherwise. I’m sure the pitch was “hey if you let us make Superman black we can make him “relevant” and also get you that Black Panther money”. Superman & Lois was probably greenlit in part as a way to placate those who want a traditional take.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

"They saw this character in movies and it had nothing to do with that character in TV"

When are these people going to realize the audience isn't as stupid as they consider it to be. If people see a black Superman in a movie, they won't be surprised to see the Tyler Hoechlin Superman on the TV sides of things. If they see Wally West in a DC video game, they won't care that his name isn't Barry Allen. If Aquaman has his classic look in animation, people won't be confused that he doesn't look like Momoa. All this is doing is limiting the creative vision Sarnoff spends so much time talking about in that interview.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Oh cool, a Zatanna movie could be a lot of fun. Just wondering how they will get the backwords magic to work.

I wish they'd just ditch that; it always makes my head hurt trying to read it...