Page 785 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2856857357757817827837847857867877887897958358851285 ... LastLast
Results 11,761 to 11,775 of 20948
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    So should we take this as a sign that social media isn't an indicator of what most audiences are demanding?
    Folks forget free trial run. Sign up for that and opt out before the deadline.

As for promotion-I saw no ads on tv but plenty on youtube and maybe one on Tubi Tv. One for the movie itself and the rest showing it and other films.

I didn't see any during Texas Ranger or Dallas Star games broadcasts.

Print ad? I saw ZERO ads. I saw one bus with an ad for something on HBO Plus but nothing for Justice League.

when has anyone ever spend $70 million on a directors cut? Did all of that go to special-effects and not advertising...
    Some of that should have but aside from youtube and Tubi-I never saw ads for it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I have seen analytics that suggest more than 30 million people saw the SC and that is a major success in the streaming world.
    Does that include OTHER ways to see it without HBO Plus?

Also it's not a success for WB if it did not attract new subscribers-who STAYED on. To justify that cost you need more than 30 million. Maybe 100 million that stay on for at least 2-3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Does that include OTHER ways to see it without HBO Plus?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Also it's not a success for WB if it did not attract new subscribers-who STAYED on. To justify that cost you need more than 30 million. Maybe 100 million that stay on for at least 2-3 months.
    Last time I looked over the data, Mandalorian didn't even have 100 million views and that was the second biggest thing being steamed (it had 60 million and the first was Cobra Kai). I've also seen data that suggested only 33 million people watched Wandavision, and that tv show had a budget of 200+ mill. No show gets a 100 million viewers, that is an unreasonable expectation.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

With DC Fandome announced we’ll be getting a ton of film news soon.

Also thought I’d post one last graphic since this really does seem to be the end of the old era:
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Also thought I’d post one last graphic since this really does seem to be the end of the old era:
    I'm surprised MK started out higher than GvK.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'm surprised MK started out higher than GvK.
    Huge fanbase, and I guess NRS has become well known for their stories, so people care about the “lore” now.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Huge fanbase, and I guess NRS has become well known for their stories, so people care about the “lore” now.
    Which explains all the fan complaints about what the movies changed (or did not do).

Yeah, but I had assumed the R rating might've hurt it there. Guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Yeah, but I had assumed the R rating might've hurt it there. Guess not.
    Nobody is watching a MK movie that doesn’t have a ton of gore. If it was PG-13 I doubt the fanbase would’ve even bothered, would’ve looked like “selling out”.

Nobody is watching a MK movie that doesn’t have a ton of gore. If it was PG-13 I doubt the fanbase would’ve even bothered, would’ve looked like “selling out”.
    Oh I agree that the fanbase demands the R Rating - I meant I had assumed the need for an R Rating for the fanbase would have limited the numbers who saw it outside of the fanbase - the general audience/dirty casuals.

Yikes. But TBF the majority of his fanbase is overseas. They could never have accessed the Snyder Cut via HBO Max.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Damn, someone better launch a go fund me for this guy; poor guy can't afford a shirt...

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    damn, someone better launch a go fund me for this guy; poor guy can't afford a shirt...
    don't you dare!

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Damn, someone better launch a go fund me for this guy; poor guy can't afford a shirt...
    Thank you for the laugh