Page 509 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 94094594995055065075085095105115125135195596091009 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,635 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There's no reason for them to write out Mamoa or anyone else in that cast if they decide to move on from Heard.
    I think replacing Heard would be pretty easy. Besides looking the part she didn’t add much else. She had no chemistry with Momoa (which seems like an impossibility since the guy’s charm and charisma jump off the screen) and her acting was pretty wooden. I’m sure they could find a much better actress to play Mera in the sequel.

For any other piece of media, we would never consider a recast to have an in-universe implication, that is, except for the DCEU...

To all the DCEU critics who have said that WB is abandoning the project, you've been saying this 4 years now and this still hasn't happened. Nearly every DCEU film has had connections to other films and from what we know, this trend is going to continue with future projects.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I'm not for replacing either Heard or Miller. This wouldn't fly like MCU replacing Ed Norton as Hulk or Kilmer replacing Keaton as Batman in the 90s.

As we await more clarification regarding Ezra's situation. Video lacks context and doesn't show the beginning of the exchange. Both Miller and Heard should put out an apology and use it as a teachable lesson that just because they're actors, doesn't mean they are without faults and foibles all humans have. I'm for teachable moments in times like this. Recall how swiftly Rosanne was axed and not given a chance to apologize or explain herself.

Plus, I'm not for cancel culture and mob mentality.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I'm not for replacing either Heard or Miller. This wouldn't fly like MCU replacing Ed Norton as Hulk or Kilmer replacing Keaton as Batman in the 90s.

As we await more clarification regarding Ezra's situation. Video lacks context and doesn't show the beginning of the exchange. Both Miller and Heard should put out an apology and use it as a teachable lesson that just because they're actors, doesn't mean they are without faults and foibles all humans have. I'm for teachable moments in times like this. Recall how swiftly Rosanne was axed and not given a chance to apologize or explain herself.

Plus, I'm not for cancel culture and mob mentality.
    I'm with you, especially on your last point. In this case, what would be an acceptable explanation for a guy to grab a female by the throat and take her to the ground, say, outside of her having a weapon and making a threat? (if it wasn't a gag)

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    I'm with you, especially on your last point. In this case, what would be an acceptable explanation for a guy to grab a female by the throat and take her to the ground, say, outside of her having a weapon and making a threat? (if it wasn't a gag)
    I would say it's not a constructive exercise speculate and brainstorm on the internet explanations and what-if scenarios. Mature temperance is the pragmatic decision.

I will say that Ezra does look and sound impaired in the clip. Bad actions while under the influence from impaired decision making.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post

For me, I don't really care how the incident 'starts'... For me it would be how it ends. If the woman hops back to her feet, gives Ezra a big hug and runs merrily back to her friends and gets high-fives, then I'm fine with the whole situation. Obviously someone who's in on the fun and enjoying themselves. If on the other hand, she's crying and traumatized... then it's pretty inexcusable. 11 seconds of video in the middle of the scene doesn't tell us anything.

Why? What would be the difference? They're already replacing Superman and Batman and Joker has nothing to do with the universe... Frankly, pushing forward with JL related stuff is kind of beating a dead horse. Wonder Woman is really the only stand out that shouldn't be replaced. Ezra had a few of my favorite scenes in JL, but he was still a TERRIBLE Barry Allen. Jason Mamoa made a good movie, but he's not a very accurate Aquaman either... Any of them could be switched out and shuffled around with barely a blip on the radar. Shazam was pretty awesome, but barely connected.

Especially with the Multiverse idea built into DC... Changing Bruce Banners would have been a MUCH bigger deal in Marvel's generally stable universe than changing an actor in DC's.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post

Why? What would be the difference? They're already replacing Superman and Batman and Joker has nothing to do with the universe... Frankly, pushing forward with JL related stuff is kind of beating a dead horse. Wonder Woman is really the only stand out that shouldn't be replaced. Ezra had a few of my favorite scenes in JL, but he was still a TERRIBLE Barry Allen. Jason Mamoa made a good movie, but he's not a very accurate Aquaman either... Any of them could be switched out and shuffled around with barely a blip on the radar. Shazam was pretty awesome, but barely connected.

Especially with the Multiverse idea built into DC... Changing Bruce Banners would have been a MUCH bigger deal in Marvel's generally stable universe than changing an actor in DC's.
    Couple of reasons. People single out WW as the only success, but don't forget it was Aquaman to be the first DCEU film to cross a billion. BvS, WW, SS and MOS came close but fell short. Amber Heard's Mera and the dynamic duo with Arthur was a big part of what people enjoyed about that film. WB would be foolish to dump her to appease the Twitter mobs, Youtubers and social media "influencers" who cheer all bad news regarding DC.

Before this Corona virus, Ezra's movie was to begin shooting later this summer. That means money has already been raised and pre-production has begun. Giving Ezra a chance to defend himself, apologize and make his mark in a solo project would be a big stride in repairing his image. Firing him forever stigmatizes him. Plus, he's Dumbledore's long lost brother in the Fantastic Beasts movies. Another tentpole IP for WB. There is a vested interest in handling the situation with tact.

As for Batman, Superman and Joker, whether we see Affleck, Cavil and Leto return is up to WB. Joaquin Phoenix's Joker will never crosspaths with Batman. The director said as much. Matt Reeve's Batman is AU and separate from other DC movies entirely. Rumblings of a Supergirl movie to replace Cavil died as well. People aren't watching the show for free on CW. Who is going to pay to see it in theaters?

There's an opening for the actor's to return but WB, or rather AT&T is holding all the cards. Shazam was a modest success ($366,000,000) and it's getting a sequel. Black Adam is coming and so is Suicide Squad 2.

There's no one captain at the head of the DC films anymore. So it's whatever and whenever the executives feel like it. If the suits greenlit BOP on with a sizzle reel of "orange man bad" and Fox News hosts talking about women. They can certainly find the gumption to put out more DC movies with the characters and actors people want to see.

Affleck is gone and he’s never coming back. Leto is unlikely to come back at this point either. Gunn and Leto don’t like one another and Reeves will most likely cast a new Joker to go with Battison. Phoenix is more likely to play the Joker again than Leto. Cavill is also out. He came to WB with MacQuarrie willing to direct and WB said “nah”. Superman will either sit on the shelf or be recasted by Abrams. Ray is out as well, no one has any interest in DCEU Cyborg.

Most of Snyder’s DCEU is gone at this point, what’s a few more? JL was a flop and Ezra was hardly a fan favorite. This is going to taint the entire Flash movie going forward.

Couple of reasons. People single out WW as the only success, but don't forget it was Aquaman to be the first DCEU film to cross a billion. BvS, WW, SS and MOS came close but fell short. Amber Heard's Mera and the dynamic duo with Arthur was a big part of what people enjoyed about that film. WB would be foolish to dump her to appease the Twitter mobs, Youtubers and social media "influencers" who cheer all bad news regarding DC.
    From what I remember people were glad to see Mera as a character get some spotlight, but were overall very disappointed with Heard's performance. She looked the part great, but the chemistry and acting skill were pretty suspect. I don't know much about her personally, but she does give an impression that she'd be tough to work with and if she's making waves (no pun intended) I could see her getting replaced. The movie is Aquaman… not Aquaman and Mera. There have been LOOOOOONG stretches of Time where Mera was simply not a part of the Aquaman Mythos and a good story could be told without her.

Personally my opinion of Aquaman was that it was 'okay'. Yes it made a ton of money, but it didn't really resonate as any particular version of Aquaman "I" knew... so if they recast the whole thing I would be fine with it. Long shot I know... Mamoa is a household name now, but I do stand by that WW is the only JL actor I would NOT want replaced. I'm sure they could even find a new actress for that, but I do think Gadot just nailed the character perfect. Even if I do still rank WW as my 3rd favorite DCEU movie.

Before this Corona virus, Ezra's movie was to begin shooting later this summer. That means money has already been raised and pre-production has begun. Giving Ezra a chance to defend himself, apologize and make his mark in a solo project would be a big stride in repairing his image. Firing him forever stigmatizes him. Plus, he's Dumbledore's long lost brother in the Fantastic Beasts movies. Another tentpole IP for WB. There is a vested interest in handling the situation with tact.
    Tact could be nice. I'm honestly surprised this movie has been pushing ahead so slowly but steadily. Like Vordan said, Ezra wasn't exactly a breakout of JL and JL in general was quite a disaster. Pushing forward with that is questionable at best.

If anything this will probably HELP his career... the bosses will probably be afraid of jumping the gun and getting caught in the backlash of an easy firing like marvel/Disney did with James Gunn on GotG3. But either way, if they DID decide he was poison, it would be easy to take him out of the picture. Cast changes, script changes, Universe changes... They could even wave a wand and have his character look like a completely different actor in Fantastic Beasts... Heck that happened in the first one I believe with Depp's character.

As for Batman, Superman and Joker, whether we see Affleck, Cavil and Leto return is up to WB. Joaquin Phoenix's Joker will never crosspaths with Batman. The director said as much. Matt Reeve's Batman is AU and separate from other DC movies entirely. Rumblings of a Supergirl movie to replace Cavil died as well. People aren't watching the show for free on CW. Who is going to pay to see it in theaters?

There's an opening for the actor's to return but WB, or rather AT&T is holding all the cards. Shazam was a modest success ($366,000,000) and it's getting a sequel. Black Adam is coming and so is Suicide Squad 2.

There's no one captain at the head of the DC films anymore. So it's whatever and whenever the executives feel like it. If the suits greenlit BOP on with a sizzle reel of "orange man bad" and Fox News hosts talking about women. They can certainly find the gumption to put out more DC movies with the characters and actors people want to see.
    And that was kind of my point. WB in general seems to be loosening it's plan on an DCEU in general and focusing more on stand alone AU versions that aren't connected. Turning Flash into DCEU with Ezra or into an AU that lives on his own or even in Pattison's world is a distinct possibity. A whole lot easier than it would have been to replace Edward Norton in the middle of the Avengers buildup.

BANNED

Here we go for the 1000th time

Good post. Even though I do not completely share the optimism regarding Affleck and Leto.

But prepare to be steamrolled for it by the DCEU bad people *reads on...* oh well, forget it, already happening

Just let DCEU die, it's been tainted from the beginning. Start over from the scratch with some actual good movies and build on it slowly like MCU did.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

It is staggering the kind of bad luck the DCU has had with casting. They lost Affleck to alcoholism, and Leto to complete douchebaggery. Now it's looking very likely we'll see Amber Heard dropped for her spousal abuse cluster**** with Johnny Depp, and now Miller for going nuts in Iceland of all places.

Gadot's insipid "Imagine" video doesn't seem so bad now, does it?

There are people who still think Affleck and Leto are coming back? Cavill is unlikely as well, but I can at least get where some of that hope comes from. But Affleck is done and so is Leto, most likely. I seriously thought the former had been laid to rest over a year ago.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    It is staggering the kind of bad luck the DCU has had with casting. They lost Affleck to alcoholism, and Leto to complete douchebaggery. Now it's looking very likely we'll see Amber Heard dropped for her spousal abuse cluster**** with Johnny Depp, and now Miller for going nuts in Iceland of all places.

Gadot's insipid "Imagine" video doesn't seem so bad now, does it?
    the key thing to understand is that it has nothing to do with DC films, celebrities are just ridiculous people who do really weird things and more often than not, really bad things