Page 993 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 493893943983989990991992993994995996997100310431093 ... LastLast
Results 14,881 to 14,895 of 20948

There's one New 52/Gail Simone influence.

John campea show today john dropped he has heard wb is now thinking about giving batgirl a theatre release (not sure if full or limited) but he refused to make it a topic as he has not confirmed the source.

But if true sounds like they are thinking of making batgirl some sort of theatre release.

If they're giving a theatrical release to Blue Beetle then they're definitely at least thinking of the same for Batgirl, since she's a much better known character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrake View Post
    Honestly never understood why movies have to be connected, it limits them, just as in comics
    Sorry, man, but if anything, it's now pretty established that a shared connected universe is the way of the future. Plus, it only really has major benefits and not very many drawbacks. Do you think Ant-Man and Shang-Chi would be big box office draws if not for the fact that they're in the MCU? Yeah, no, they wouldn't be.

Honestly, nothing proves this point better than Peacemaker, which just debuted. Already, Peacemaker has garnered significantly more attention than the other HBO Max DC shows: Doom Patrol and Titans. And I'm saying this as someone who loves Doom Patrol, but in three seasons, Doom Patrol hasn't been able to generate anything close to the amount of buzz that Peacemaker has been able to drum up in just three episodes.

And that's a damn shame because I think that Doom Patrol is just as good as Peacemaker. Both shows are incredible.

So, why is that the case? Well, I can't help but think that it's probably because Peacemaker is set in the DCEU, which like it or not, is now the "main" interpretation of DC characters in film and TV going forward. There's the sense that the events of Peacemaker count towards something larger, just as pretty much every MCU project counts toward a larger, universe-wide story. In fact, James Gunn has already revealed that Peacemaker has story threads that lead into another upcoming DCEU project, which is no doubt an attempt to generate buzz for whatever project that is.

And just in the coverage of the series, you see so much more attention over Peacemaker. For example, while having similar critic scores, you can see that in the actual number of reviews, season 1 of Peacemaker has received significantly more actual reviews than any of the seasons of Doom Patrol or Titans. On top of that, there are countless YouTube videos and online articles, positing theories about the direction of the series (and about what this mystery DCEU project is), which just isn't there for Doom Patrol or Titans.

That's why personally, I think they should just use the Flash as an excuse to retcon Doom Patrol into DCEU continuity. I honestly don't think you could get a better interpretation of those characters. I know that might cause hiccups with Joivan Wade's Cyborg being in the Doom Patrol and also Ray Fisher being JL's Cyborg and with Brendan Fraser playing both Robotman and Firefly, but ya know what, I'm sure they could do a little creative retconning to explain it away.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 01-17-2022 at 10:07 PM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I don't really get Peacemaker's appeal.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Well, have you seen the show?

If it doesn’t appeal to you, that’s subjective. But objectively, the things that are getting ppl excited are that it’s a well-reviewed and well-written show about an obscure DC Comics character set in the larger DCEU. It counts toward something larger and the character himself interacts with established characters like Harley Quinn and maybe even Batman and Wonder Woman.

Why are people excited about Moon Knight or Ms. Marvel or She Hulk? It’s not because those characters have such a huge fanbase, but they’re part of a brand and a universe that has a following in its own right.

John Cena and being a emotionally-messed up manchild?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    An emotionally messed up man-child is a good description. Though that can describe a ton of other heroes.

Astonishing Member

I honestly don’t think we would be prepared for the hurricane of rage that would happen if Doom Patrol was retconned into the DCEU

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I honestly don’t think we would be prepared for the hurricane of rage that would happen if Doom Patrol was retconned into the DCEU
    Honestly, I think the benefits would far outweigh the drawbacks, especially if it brings Matt Bomer's Negative Man and Diane Guerrero's Crazy Jane into the DCEU. So I'm curious why you think there would be a hurricane of rage.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Is that rumored to be happening? Crisis on Infinite Earths gave them their own Earth.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    From the Batgirl set in Glasgow:

The mural was changed adding BatKeaton and white paint to cover Robin. 🤔

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post

If it doesn’t appeal to you, that’s subjective. But objectively, the things that are getting ppl excited are that it’s a well-reviewed and well-written show about an obscure DC Comics character set in the larger DCEU. It counts toward something larger and the character himself interacts with established characters like Harley Quinn and maybe even Batman and Wonder Woman.

Why are people excited about Moon Knight or Ms. Marvel or She Hulk? It’s not because those characters have such a huge fanbase, but they’re part of a brand and a universe that has a following in its own right.
    I haven't seen it, so I'm mostly going by what I've seen of the concept and character. I get that broader links to the DCEU could be established, but the shared universe is such an uncertain mess right now that I don't really see anything really enticing coming out of it, and there are plenty of better characters who should be getting a show. I mean the Marvel characters you named are all far bigger and more relevant than Peacemaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That was the sense I got. Which for me doesn't do much. I didn't feel a burning need to see any more of him than what I saw in Suicide Squad.

That was the sense I got. Which for me doesn't do much. I didn't feel a burning need to see any more of him than what I saw in Suicide Squad.
    I think the appeal is seeing how he grows and develops moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post

Word is James Gunn is holding tight to that eighth episode of Peacemaker. It's supposed to blow open the doors on the DCEU.
    The best guess I've heard is that Episode 8 leads to Green Lantern.