Page 1391 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 391891129113411381138713881389139013911392139313941395 ... LastLast
Results 20,851 to 20,865 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    So weird for him to say that considering some of their most anticipated new movies (Joker’s sequel + Reeve’s Batman sequel) are set in alternate universes.
    Will they try to make Battinson a part of the DCEU? I can’t really see Pattinson or Reeves being ok with it.
    I can't imagine Reeves' Batman being connected. His movies were even more grounded than Nolan's. I can't see his Batman fighting monsters or aliens. They will probably just be their own thing.

The Reeves Batman and the Joker solo projects make money. They aren't going to go away. I'm sure WB is just going to let them do what they want in their corners while Gunn tries to set up this bigger universe. Sure, there are going to be 3 Batmans and 3 Jokers running around in different projects, which is terrible when you actively want to try and create a large shared universe, but I doubt they are going to abandon or hamper the movies they know make money.

It's part of why I don't think this shared movie universe for DC will ever work. At least not this version. Maybe once all this runs its course and they actually get to start fresh from the beginning it can work, but you kind of only really get one shot to set things up where these characters meet on screen for the first time and WB and Snyder kind of botched it. I'm sure WB/DC will have their movie successes because DC has a lot of valuable IPs, the Joker movie is a perfect example, but to have a successful universe you need to have the fans buy in. For them to feel invested, and I don't really see that happening. The fandom feels so fractured, there doesn't seem to be a ton of confidence, and so many of the projects feel so scattershot. Sure, a Blue Beetle, Lobo, or a Mister Terrific movie will be fun but you need those pillars to hold everything together and I don't know if these confusing versions of Batman, Superman, and the JL can be that.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The movie seems doing fine. It's into post production, and already had 2 test screenings (both positive). I don't see reasons why it couldn't come out in Aug/Sep 2023.
    I wasn’t saying that I think the production was in trouble, it’s just that WB already has 3 big DC movies coming out next year and so far only The Joker sequel set for 2024. Aquaman 2, Shazam 2, and The Flash have already been shuffled around so much I can’t see WB changing their release dates yet again. Blue Beetle on the hand is a lesser known property but one that is getting positive buzz. So it could help fill out their 2024 schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I wasn’t saying that I think the production was in trouble, it’s just that WB already has 3 big DC movies coming out next year and so far only The Joker sequel set for 2024. Aquaman 2, Shazam 2, and The Flash have already been shuffled around so much I can’t see WB changing their release dates yet again. Blue Beetle on the hand is a lesser known property but one that is getting positive buzz. So it could help fill out their 2024 schedule.
    I wouldn't call Shazam 2 a "big" DC movie. And if anything gets pushed to 2024, it will most likely be Aquaman 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I wouldn't call Shazam 2 a "big" DC movie. And if anything gets pushed to 2024, it will most likely be Aquaman 2.

WB originally announced Aquaman 2 would be released on December 16, 2022, changed it to March 17, 2023, then changed it again to December 25, 2023. You really think they’re gonna push it back a fourth time?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

https://twitter.com/FlashFilmNews/st...66595516637185

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    WB originally announced Aquaman 2 would be released on December 16, 2022, changed it to March 17, 2023, then changed it again to December 25, 2023. You really think they’re gonna push it back a fourth time?
    WBD could make that Black Canary movie to release it in 2024. I don't think it would require much time for post-production.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 11-16-2022 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

https://twitter.com/FlashFilmNews/st...66595516637185

WBD could make that Black Canary movie to release it in 2024. I don't think it would require much time for post-production.
    I feel like I'm in the minority here, but I liked BOP and I liked the actress who played Black Canary. I'd definitely like to see her get a chance to play the role again. And bonus points if they include or at least hint at Green Arrow in her film - I like the romance aspect of these characters and stories.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I feel like I'm in the minority here, but I liked BOP and I liked the actress who played Black Canary. I'd definitely like to see her get a chance to play the role again. And bonus points if they include or at least hint at Green Arrow in her film - I like the romance aspect of these characters and stories.
    I liked BoP too.

Green Arrow could be a supporting character getting introduced in the Canary solo, leading to a Green Arrow/Black Canary movie as sequel.

Incredible Member

As long as we get a comic-accurate Black Canary costume...

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I liked the movie, but the TV show...

Not so much

https://twitter.com/fantasticmester/...yel3sUQ7M1WNNw

Looks like wb is promoting flash again. Also, no blue beetle?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Yes. What more do they have to lose?

DC's problem is that no one wants to admit failure and start over. The MCU is the dream that fans constantly prop up and the albatross around this universe' neck as well.

The fans don't want to lose the actors who have been cast and invested in(fans have literally deified cavill and some other snyder castings)
    The executives do not want to admit their failure in having no plan(hiring snyder, firing snyder, elevating johns, and then moving on)
    The mergers are creating a constant shuffle of priorities(one moment its streaming, the next moment its movies)

Ultimately all of the problems are primarily behind people refusing to start over and get a good foundation again. I like a lot of the actors cast but the DCEU is basically just a universe with a bunch of stuff that can be good but hasn't been good. A lot of the fans are forgiving because the spotlight has been shifted away from the main heroes and the less popular characters are being given a spotlight but they are also being used to scapegoat the overall failure of the universe.
    Almost a decade of mid to really bad movies is not a good shared universe

Even the Batman franchise has somehow managed to spin off from it and become its own universe again twice and become separate from the bad and trainwreck DCEU. The fact that zaslav apparently doesn't like pattinson says a lot about his opinions about what is good vs what he actually likes.
    So now you have two popular franchises set apart from the DCEU and yet WBD continues to push the DCEU because they are chasing Marvel's success instead of trying to do something good. That element in all of this is why DC will not right the ship.
    They are chasing what Marvel has done and not actually trying to produce a good shared universe themselves.

Money is the goal but to reach money you have to want to create something good and not just invest in something because of profits

Black Adam is another failure and unlikely to get a sequel relegating Black Adam to a cameo side character. Not the best use for the rock but imo his own insistence to be used away from shazam highlights how nobody in charge of the DCEU has any real idea about these characters from a foundational level.
    Black Adam is Billy's archenemesis and yet you have the star campaigning like a wrestling booker for a bigger match against Superman. I don't know why that was given a pass but hopefully in light of Black Adam flopping some of the fans will realize that not everything needs to be done based on hype and one upping marvel

The fandom war within DC is also a big reason behind the ship sinking. The common mentality is that either DC needs to be just like marvel and frame their movies as lighthearted popcorn movies that reflect the characters or genre breaking tentpole movies that move away from the superhero tropes.
    This mentality has split the DC fanbase down the middle and no both sides actively cheer for the other sides favored movies to fail

At least within the MCU the common cause seems to be to fight the culture war narratives painted against it and not to actually embody these arguments which some of the DC fandom have begun to parrot

If you put the Rock as Black Adam in a Shazam sequel then you'd likely get 1 film that makes $700-$800 million. As opposed to 2 films that make that much combined, but with twice the budget.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

This discussion been had.There is no evidence that captain marvel facing just another villain of his will be generating that much money.It will most likely make a bit more money than captain marvel facing the seven deadly sins.Otherwise,captain marvel movies with other antagonists needs to make that much money for the inflated numbers to seem plausible.Black adam in captain marvel movie will only be that..Just another villain that will get punched down at the end of the movie.Their won't be room for anything else.The rock was a wrestler.He is gonna campaign like one.

As for the batfranchise,it spinning of in to it's on world would be ideal.The guy hovering over other franchises has been a bain.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-17-2022 at 04:17 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"