Page 492 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 392442482488489490491492493494495496502542592992 ... LastLast
Results 7,366 to 7,380 of 20948
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Ironic given that you've yet to say something adequate, and I'm still not sure just what exactly are you even arguing about given that noone tried to discredit Captain Marvel as a movie itself. Either way, I'll leave you it.
    And pretty much the usual "I just wanna have the last word so I win" response.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It's good to keep in mind that WW benefited from being introduced in BvS, while CM was sandwiched between two Avengers movies.
    "She wrote it, but she had help." - Joanna Russ, How to Suppress Women's Writing
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post
    And pretty much the usual "I just wanna have the last word so I win" response.
    You said nothing to prove me wrong so I simply hurled your insult back at you. Let's just agree to disagree about whatever you thought I was trying to discredit Captain Marvel cocerning its box office success.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    "She wrote it, but she had help." - Joanna Russ, How to Suppress Women's Writing

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's a shame. I wasn't a big fan of the approach although it seemed to work critically, but while I'm sure Black Canary will bounce back I hope Huntress finds a new opportunity in media in the future. Hopefully this doesn't impact other female-led Superhero movies.
    Although this is not a female superhero movie, I think Mulan is going to end up flopping due to rising anti-China sentiment because of COVID-19 and the box office in China will be lackluster since the majority will still be quarantined. That will be two female led movies back to back that will have cratered enabling the hordes of haters coming out.

Something to lighten the mood for a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Although this is not a female superhero movie, I think Mulan is going to end up flopping due to rising anti-China sentiment because of COVID-19 and the box office in China will be lackluster since the majority will still be quarantined. That will be two female led movies back to back that will have cratered enabling the hordes of haters coming out.
    I'm getting a sense that Wonder Woman is the only female-led film the "hordes of haters" want.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    I'm getting a sense that Wonder Woman is the only female-led film the "hordes of haters" want.
    They'll say nice things about Alita Battle Angel too. (So they could claim they weren't misogynists for disliking Captain Marvel.)

That was really the big marketing mistake that BoP did. If it had been named Harley Quinn: #MeToo it'd have been an open challenge against the Internet hate mob, but it would also have meant all their outrage would have turned into effective marketing for the movie.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    You're both right and wrong here.

Oracle's story wasn't written as much as it emerged. There is no single run that tells it, instead it is built on decisions, observations, and storytelling from lots of creators over a long time: Moore, Ostrander, Yale, Gorfinkel, Dixon, and Simone were all adding their own bits and pieces to it.

You're correct in that it would require more than a movie to tell, but three movies should certainly be feasible to tell Batgirl: Year One, TKJ from Babs's point of view (similar to how JMS did in Ladies' Night), Oracle: Year One (Born of Hope), and Birds of Prey. It'd require the right creators, but I think it's eminently feasible.
    Yeah, really not wanting a Fall of Batgirl Rise of Oracle trilogy.

I'll laugh if the next Harley movie is Gotham City Sirens .
    Why? The plan was to follow up with a GCS movie followed by a GCS vs BOP movie.

I'll laugh if the next Harley movie is Gotham City Sirens .
    Me too, but more out of relief that they did not gave up on female supers team ups. Lets do hope they make one and putting an effort in having it be CB accurate.

I still think saying you'll laugh if they go ahead with the stated plan is weird...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Me too, but more out of relief that they did not gave up on female supers team ups. Lets do hope they make one and putting an effort in having it be CB accurate.
    I know we need to work about BoP's box office but I just can't imagine them not making GCS...unless they can't use Catwoman because of The Batman. A movie with Harley, Catwoman and Poison Ivy was always going to make more money than BoP no matter how much money BoP made. Just make it PG-13.

Something interesting that I haven't thought is that for the past 4 years, the largest WB blockbuster has been a DC films; BvS, WW, AM, and Joker. With WW2, were likely going to increase this streak to 5. This is what I mean when I say that the only reason people can't recognize the success of the DCEU because the MCU is just larger.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Mighty Member

Well, BOP isn't a total flop. Should do around 200 million WW (still a disappointment). But it'll at least break even and make some profit due to merchandise.