Page 734 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2346346847247307317327337347357367377387447848341234 ... LastLast
Results 10,996 to 11,010 of 20948

Yeah let's not make Darkseid out to be anymore of a MCU thanos rip off
    He is imposing but his general nature is supposed to be a subversion of that image. He wields immense power but instead wants to manipulate and control to feed his hubris
    The minute he starts fighting like Doomsday and has no omega beams I'm out

Quote Originally Posted by Triple J View Post
    I don't know...I mean, look at MOS. It wasn't a financial disaster, WB expected 1 bn (which was kinda ridiculous for the time, esp given the previous Supes film), and I don't think GA cared as much about the kill.
    I feel like the GA minded enough that it was still a sticking point well after the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple J View Post
    Shirtless Darkseid. If you're into that...

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    With a chest like that the only thing he should be knocking out are some push-ups.
    The chest isn't too vital for punching power. Legs, lats, shoulders constitute the kinetic chain.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    The chest isn't too vital for punching power. Legs, lats, shoulders constitute the kinetic chain.
    Oh I’m well aware of that. The push-ups are for the giant dent in his chest, not the punches.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Yeah let's not make Darkseid out to be anymore of a MCU thanos rip off
    He is imposing but his general nature is supposed to be a subversion of that image. He wields immense power but instead wants to manipulate and control to feed his hubris
    The minute he starts fighting like Doomsday and has no omega beams I'm out
    That's exactly what he's gonna do.

You think someone like Zack Snyder would understand a character like Darkseid?

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    That's exactly what he's gonna do.

You think someone like Zack Snyder would understand a character like Darkseid?
    EHHH he is doing good work just off the visuals but again it will be destroyed if all that amounts to is another cgi doomsday jumping around
    Even steppenwolf and the parademons got turned into a MCU fodder instead of representing the atmosphere of apokolips

DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    EHHH he is doing good work just off the visuals but again it will be destroyed if all that amounts to is another cgi doomsday jumping around
    Even steppenwolf and the parademons got turned into a MCU fodder instead of representing the atmosphere of apokolips
    That's babydarksied uxas.He likes to get his hands dirty cause you can't become a tyrant king without learning to squash the weak beneath your foot.The manipulative guy would come later when he learns he doesn't need too to have absolute control, I presume.The whole thing is about making superman evil by having darkseid break him.It's an arc from dcau.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-06-2021 at 08:54 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

The Flash teaser looked really cool, I thought.

Aquaman's story probably changes the least from what I can gather.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    This mainline and elseworld distinction is used to shut up fans and nothing more.what happens in an elseworld impacts mainline and the perception of it.The distinction is there just to give more room and if successful be implemented in the main one.dark knight returns that tore apart superman and put batman as the gritty one.People view superman through the lense of injustice as well.For general audience,a story is a story.

like any writer is supposed to live by some stupid cultural zeitgeist.It's not hubris and it's mere creative liberty.As if superman is supposed act like your dad.As if batman is nietzschean nightmare.These characters should have been in public domain by now.Not only where these characters taken from the creator exploiting their situation.They took it and changed core beats about the character to fit some selling point.They effing used superman as a dictator many times.A character that was a metaphorical gladiator.The character that wanted freedom is either loving his chains or putting others in them.That's biggest **** characterisation.
    If Zack wanted to not stick to their characterizations then why did he bother with working on the justice league? why not just write his own superheroes and make his own movie? Squadron supreme, watchmen and others have proved it to be a successful recipe, it's only when you do it with the originals of whom you are supposed to make a parody of do people reject it as then what's the point?
    Also would society accept a robin hood that keeps the gold for himself? Sherlock holmes that commits crimes under the guise of a detective? or a king Arthur who rather then defends England's shores goes on to conquer mainland Europe? I don't think so.
    Just because you can write different stories with these characters because they are free, doesn't mean you should.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    If Zack wanted to not stick to their characterizations then why did he bother with working on the justice league? why not just write his own superheroes and make his own movie? Squadron supreme, watchmen and others have proved it to be a successful recipe, it's only when you do it with the originals of whom you are supposed to make a parody of do people reject it as then what's the point?
    Also would society accept a robin hood that keeps the gold for himself? Sherlock holmes that commits crimes under the guise of a detective? or a king Arthur who rather then defends England's shores goes on to conquer mainland Europe? I don't think so.
    Just because you can write different stories with these characters because they are free, doesn't mean you should.
    You realize you just gave them ideas...

Actually, I think someone did the Robin Hood thing recently.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Cause he didn't feel like it .I Don't have telepathic powers mate.The characters are malleable and any writer has the right to do what he wants with them.They may do so.If you don't like a particular version.Don't bother with it.Or get bothered.I don't care.

yeah!they would have to(regarding Sherlock Holmes and robin hood) cause they have no say in the matter.The individual and his choices are his to make.You can cry about it,you can punch me for it and start a frenzy about it.You can sue me(legal and better solution).If I am guilty of something and there is something despicable in what I say.i would be punished.But,your can'ts and shouldn'ts won't hold much water in my actions.

There is a superman who used to wear a big s and police badge emblem on his chest,to piss them off.If I bring you that one ,you are gonna feel like your cultural icon has been tarnished.I have the right to do so.Because it's my choice to make right or wrong. Who says something I or anyone have to say is acceptable to society?As long as it's legal.You are gonna have to deal with those characters existing.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-07-2021 at 08:42 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Cause he didn't feel like it .I Don't have telepathic powers mate.The characters are malleable and any writer has the right to do what he wants with them.They may do so.If you don't like a particular version.Don't bother with it.Or get bothered.I don't care.

yeah!they would have to(regarding Sherlock Holmes and robin hood) cause they have no say in the matter.The individual and his choices are his to make.You can cry about it,you can punch me for it and start a frenzy about it.You can sue me(legal and better solution).If I am guilty of something and there is something despicable in what I say.i would be punished.But,your can'ts and shouldn'ts won't hold much water in my actions.

There is a superman who used to wear a big s and police badge emblem on his chest,to piss them off.If I bring you that one ,you are gonna feel like your cultural icon has been tarnished.I have the right to do so.Because it's my choice to make right or wrong. Who says something I or anyone have to say is acceptable to society?As long as it's legal.You are gonna have to deal with those characters existing.
    Yeah, technically many of these characters should be in public domain...so anyone would be able to write/produce stories with them. Unfortunately, that isn't the case.

So long as WB allows it, it's acceptable (of course, doesn't mean one has to like it). I guess, at the end of the day, what matters is how different an interpretation is - beyond a certain point, character becomes unrecognizable. I don't think Snyder took it too far with characterizations in MoS and BvS.