Page 859 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3597598098498558568578588598608618628638699099591359 ... LastLast
Results 12,871 to 12,885 of 20948

JK Simmons is in talks to return as Commissioner Gordon for the Batgirl movie.

J. K. Simmons is coming back to the Bat-beat.

The Oscar-winning actor is in negotiations to reprise the role of classic Batman character Commissioner James Gordon in Batgirl, Warner Bros.’ feature for HBO Max that is casting up swiftly.

In the Heights breakout Leslie Grace nabbed the titular role this week. Bad Boys for Life filmmakers Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah are directing from a script by Christina Hodson, the DC mainstay behind Birds of Prey and the upcoming The Flash. Kristin Burr is producing.

Plot details are being kept in the library but the project is looking to be released in 2022 on WarnerMedia’s streaming service, HBO Max.

I'm honestly kind of surprised. I thought Simmons was done.

Glad they're still making good use of such a great Gordon casting in the perfect place to spotlight him .

So I guess this means this version of Barbara was either adopted, or Gordon's wife was Latina.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    So I guess this means this version of Barbara was either adopted, or Gordon's wife was Latina.
    I think the latter is more likely than the adoption angle, but who knows. I think she should be his biological daughter.

Wasn't Barbara already not his biological daughter, or am I misremembering? It's hard to keep track of the retcons.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Wasn't Barbara already not his biological daughter, or am I misremembering? It's hard to keep track of the retcons.
    At one point she was his niece not daughter. But she’s been his daughter since Crisis I believe.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Originally she was his daughter but then Crisis happened and Miller didn't include her at all in Year One so they had to introduce her as Gordon's niece. Later on, they implied she might be his daughter all along because Jim may or may not have had an affair with his brother's wife. Most people thought of Babs as Gordon's daughter anyway thanks Batman '66 and DCAU. Once the Nu52 hit, she became his daughter for real but even prior to Nu52, they were always written as father and daughter.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Niece-but-not-really was always one of the dumbest and most needless post-Crisis changes. Could no editors have told Miller to just include a 10 year old Barbara in Year One or something?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Niece-but-not-really was always one of the dumbest and most needless post-Crisis changes. Could no editors have told Miller to just include a 10 year old Barbara in Year One or something?
    Even the Long Halloween animated movie fit her in .

Extraordinary Member

Solid, smart move on WB's part. Simmons is one of our great character actors, pure gold in Spiderman, and great in his first go-around in the role of Gordon, which is great as I never thought anyone else could follow Gary Oldman's Gordon.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Better look at the new Batfleck suit and batbike:

Leslie Grace on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/lesliegrace/stat...88318079016962
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-30-2021 at 09:58 AM.

Obviously the hair isn't a problem. I doubt most people would even care if Barbara wasn't a redhead, it's the continuous forced raceswapping of popular characters because these people are either unwilling or incapable of getting lesser-known diverse characters off the ground. The actors should never take the heat for the filmmakers' decisions, but the more this keeps happening over and over again, WB is bound to get certain reactions like that. This only keeps creating further resentment when all fans are instantly lumped in with the fringe morons and treated like they're the worst people in the world for just wanting their favorites to be faithfully translated to screen. WB should try to put more effort into their actual diverse DC properties and perhaps some of their casting announcements would get less reactions like that.
    Last edited by Johnny; 07-30-2021 at 10:43 AM.

Obviously the hair isn't a problem. I doubt most people would even care if Barbara wasn't a redhead, it's the continuous forced raceswapping of popular characters because these people are either unwilling or incapable of getting lesser-known diverse characters off the ground. The actors should never take the heat for the filmmakers' decisions, but the more this keeps happening over and over again, WB is bound to get certain reactions like that. This only keeps creating further resentment when all fans are instantly lumped in with the fringe morons and treated like they're worst people in the world for just wanting their favorites to be faithfully translated to screen. WB should try to put more effort into their actual diverse DC properties and perhaps some of their casting announcements would get less reactions like that.
    I would. That's the main thing for me at the moment.

And it looks like Leslie Grace is fine with dyeing her hair.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I fully support the hair dye.

Obviously the hair isn't a problem. I doubt most people would even care if Barbara wasn't a redhead, it's the continuous forced raceswapping of popular characters because these people are either unwilling or incapable of getting lesser-known diverse characters off the ground.
    That doesn't seem to be the case here. If anything, it seemed to be race blind casting since they had several white actresses in the final running like Zoey Deutch and Haley Lu Richardson.
    Last edited by Holt; 07-30-2021 at 12:55 PM.