Page 618 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1185185686086146156166176186196206216226286687181118 ... LastLast
Results 9,256 to 9,270 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Someone spent MONEY to pay for those ads to DC/WB-so it's not like they haven't gotten something for that movie.

Those ads are not free and depending on what network you are-you are NOT paying the same price as someone else.

Going back into to some old data that I know.

Showing those movie ads 4 times is going to cost CBS double the cost it would for Fox and that is for one night.

I am sorry folks want this in theaters-TOUGH.

What family member does anyone want to risk dying from a virus just so they can see that movie.

If it FLOPS everyone understands why-something beyond anyone's control caused it.

Any executive trying to use a low box office to stop a WW 3 needs to be shown the door. Leave that thinking to the trolls.

If they were worried about money-shouldn't have given ANYTHING to the Snyder Cult.

DC knows they are going to lose money-Wal-Mart has already tossed her dolls in clearance today.
    Again, it won't make money in streaming - TOUGH. Obviously the ads aren't enough of a cost at this point to justify writing this off as a loss to them yet - and it will be a loss on streaming. The only way this can be profitable is up on the big screen.

Basically the point is, they're still calculating whether they should call it a loss now, or hold out until it can make money later. Right now they still feel it can make a profit if they hold off. I don't blame them. I also believe that they have no intention of releasing it in December and know that they will delay it again.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Someone spent MONEY to pay for those ads to DC/WB-so it's not like they haven't gotten something for that movie.

Those ads are not free and depending on what network you are-you are NOT paying the same price as someone else.

Going back into to some old data that I know.

Showing those movie ads 4 times is going to cost CBS double the cost it would for Fox and that is for one night.

I am sorry folks want this in theaters-TOUGH.

What family member does anyone want to risk dying from a virus just so they can see that movie.

If it FLOPS everyone understands why-something beyond anyone's control caused it.

Any executive trying to use a low box office to stop a WW 3 needs to be shown the door. Leave that thinking to the trolls.

If they were worried about money-shouldn't have given ANYTHING to the Snyder Cult.

DC knows they are going to lose money-Wal-Mart has already tossed her dolls in clearance today.
    Was there even a major add campaign for the new Wonder Woman launch dates?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Spectacular Member

what are the current dates for the DCEU movies? is there room to have 4 in 2021?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning63 View Post
    what are the current dates for the DCEU movies? is there room to have 4 in 2021?
    What four? I don't think that they've filmed Aquaman 2 or all of Black Adam yet have they? At this rate I'm skeptical about The Batman getting done in time too.

The 2021 movies were supposed to be The Batman, The Suicide Squad and Black Adam. But Black Adam is definitely getting pushed back; it has a December release date and now the producer is indicating they may not start shooting until February or March.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The 2021 movies were supposed to be The Batman, The Suicide Squad and Black Adam. But Black Adam is definitely getting pushed back; it has a December release date and now the producer is indicating they may not start shooting until February or March.
    I forgot about The Suicide Squad. But yeah, any film that hasn't already begun filming like Black Adam is almost definitely not going to make it. I'm skeptical that The Batman will be ready to go see next year as is...

Spectacular Member

So wonder woman will be pushed to 2021, The suicide squad will still happen at some point 2021 and The Batman will probably be Dec 2021 or early 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning63 View Post
    So wonder woman will be pushed to 2021, The suicide squad will still happen at some point 2021 and The Batman will probably be Dec 2021 or early 2022
    With the really large caveat of how covid goes on for the winter, second wave, next year, how and when a vaccine comes out, whether or not you get immunity to it and the vaccine works permanently, or this works more like the flu and we need a new shot every year, and so on. Right now these are soft dates at best.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Again, it won't make money in streaming - TOUGH. Obviously the ads aren't enough of a cost at this point to justify writing this off as a loss to them yet - and it will be a loss on streaming. The only way this can be profitable is up on the big screen.
    Which is why WB will, very understandably, hold out as long as they can.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Basically the point is, they're still calculating whether they should call it a loss now, or hold out until it can make money later. Right now they still feel it can make a profit if they hold off. I don't blame them. I also believe that they have no intention of releasing it in December and know that they will delay it again.
    Why give the December 25 date then?

Now, I'm fairly sure that WB has a backup date in mind if the December 25 release doesn't work out, but that's not the same as knowing you will delay it again. And remember that WB and the other studios should be aware that they need to keep the theatres afloat until we can get a wide-spread and reliable vaccine, and for that they need new movies in the threatres that are open. Will WW84 make a loss for WB if released in December? Probably, but further postponements also cost money, and any theatre that goes into liquidation will lessen the profit potential for future movies.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

First look at Krypto from the upcoming Super Pets animated film:

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    First look at Krypto from the upcoming Super Pets animated film:

Looks very cute, I’m excited for this.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post

Now, I'm fairly sure that WB has a backup date in mind if the December 25 release doesn't work out, but that's not the same as knowing you will delay it again. And remember that WB and the other studios should be aware that they need to keep the theatres afloat until we can get a wide-spread and reliable vaccine, and for that they need new movies in the threatres that are open. Will WW84 make a loss for WB if released in December? Probably, but further postponements also cost money, and any theatre that goes into liquidation will lessen the profit potential for future movies.
    Correct.

Again, it won't make money in streaming - TOUGH.
    Then the WB had no business in pandering to the Snyder Cult. To get back that $30 million they would need over 2.6 thousand need subscribers.

No one told them to delay the film when that date was before all this.

A loss is a loss-how big do you want it? Toss that film on the shelf until there is a vaccine.

Amazing what happens when people don't vote in elections. ANY elections.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post

Hollywood executives are pretty greedy, I doubt they are planning any sacrificial lambs to keep theaters afloat, especially after Tenet. Again, if they have to take a loss they will, but I don't think that they're near as close to making that call as you think they are. It's not like setting a date they know probably won't happen is going to cost them money. They don't buy ads the moment they set a date. It'll be postponed again.